ECOWITT Weatherstation integration for Home Assistant

I do not understand. I have followed the instructions of the official version and nothing shows up under the Ecowitt integration on the devices page.
There are no errors in the logs.
I have deleted it and reinstalled it several times and rebooted Home Assistant to no avail.
Is anyone else having a similar issue?
I am running Home Assistant on a Raspberry 4 off of an SSD drive.

I had the same issue. If your HA is setup with SSL that is likely the reason. Integration canā€™t handle SSL. I had it sorted eventually by adding the nginx proxy add-on.

1 Like

That seems a logical conclusion. However there is always the local ip address to use ā€¦ wouldnā€™t that work ?

I tried exactly that, but once SSL is activated it has to be listed in the certificate. Obviously the local IP isnā€™t, at least I couldnā€™t get it to work.

It brings to mind: having having an instance without ssl purely for local tinkering is almost a must. It is not the integration; I run via cloudflare to my ha instance without hitch

Itā€™s also nicely solved by nginx.

Ok, Iā€™ll try installing the Nginx Proxy add-on. Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Did you change the Server IP / Hostname on the Ecowitt custom service page to your duckdns subdomain after installing nginx add-on?

No, after adding nginx you use the local IP and port (8123).

Thank you so much for the instructions!
Except for the wind chill attribute which the state is unchanged at ā€œunknownā€, it is finally working.

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying to access the ā€˜Othersā€™ section to complete the integration config, however it is greyed out - any ideas what may be causing this or how to get around it?

Seems you are using ecowitt app?
Try with WSview plus, from there go to my devices and then press the device you have. After that you scroll through the list(ecowitt, Wunderground,Weathercloudā€¦) until you get to Customized.

There you choose
Customized: Enabled
Protocol Type Same as: Ecowitt
IP: ip of your homeassistant
Path: the path homeassistant gave you when you installed it
Port: 8123
Upload Interval: 60

Thats should work

4 Likes

Hi, any ideas how to correct ecowitt rain sensor?.
Seems they always are more or less wrong (daily, weekly rain)
It reset around 00:00:25 or something like that.
So, if I would like to use a graph, it will not show it correctly. Usually it combines last day plus this day rain togheter. Because of the rain happen is not zeroed or reseted at 00:00:00.
Iā€™m guessin this is because, ecowitt station is not keeping the time 100% or a bug in the integration?

I was thinking of a template sensor that starts counting when itā€™s 0 and stops always at 00:00:00 or use the hourly rain or event rain and collect it and make a daily of that? But not sure how to do that. Itā€™s only ecowitt that seems to be off when resetting for the next day. So I think hass keeps correct time at least. :slight_smile:

Has any other of you users that have ecowitt noticed this? Issue with the daily rain or weekly rain etc.?
It does not reset at 00:00:00? If so, how have you been able to fixed it?

Is it a problem with ecowitt weather stations or something else?

Iā€™ve got exactly the same issue - no SSL being used on my instance.

Tried rebooting - seems to be a bug? Going to try the HACS version as appears to be more reliable

Mine does resetā€¦and it appears it does it at midnight:

Looks like thatā€¦ :confused: I wonder, why it happens on both devices that I have. Home and summerhouse.
It always is a few seconds wrong, 00:10 or 00:32 or something like that. Do you have it to upload to ecowitt page also?

I have actually one of those ecowitt clones (sanlogic WS3500) from amazon. Otherwise it just works fine.
Perhaps it has a bad hw clock or none at all, needs to update often to some ntp server. Who knows.

Hello, like others, I too have some problems regarding the detection of my GW1100 with official Ecowitt integration; Iā€™ve followed the instructions several times, but I canā€™t see any sensors. My instance works over ssl through duckdns and NGINX SSL proxy. I also tried configuring access from the WSview plus app, but unfortunately nothing changes.
Is there any other test I can do to reach the gateway?

EDIT: finally I have an error on HA after gateway fw upgrade:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/ecowitt/__init__.py:155
Integration: Ecowitt Weather Station
First occurred: 11:57:14 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:57:14

Error setting up entry Ecowitt for ecowitt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 365, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/config/custom_components/ecowitt/__init__.py", line 155, in async_setup_entry
    ws = EcoWittListener(port=entry.data[CONF_PORT])
KeyError: 'port'

This is a custom componentā€™s error message.

If I cam guess, you have the custom integration which you were using before and you tried to add the official one with the same port which causes an error now in the custom integration.

Use one or the other. Either the custom or the official. They cannot work the same time with the same port with the same weather station.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @GSzabados ,
indeed, the error in the log was due to a test I had done, also trying the integration of HACS; now I removed the custom component again, but even having reconfigured everything from scratch, I donā€™t see any logsā€¦ I followed the instructions of the official component precisely (see attached images), but I really donā€™t see anythingā€¦
Question: my HA instance is accessible both remotely and locally via https, could it be due to this?
Thanks a lot for the help