Elero USB Transmitter to control Elero and Weinor products

No. The Mediola is completely independent and a smart home control system in its own right (check their website). I wrote an MQTT bridge in Python some time ago (mediola2mqtt) that bridges the Mediola to HA (gateway v4, but I have positive reports about v5 and v6 gateways). However, it’s a bit hacky and I’m replacing all wireless Elero motors by wired ones + a separate wireless module so I stopped working on this software. There might be a fork that’s still under active maintenance, Idk.

Which elero motors do you have? Look into the compatibility list of mediola on their web page. I used a mediola v5 for controlling my roltops. Since I have the 15 channel Transmitter stick, I used it to integrate those roltops into HA. But that is only rudimentary because a lot of options like changing the mode from auto to manual etc. are missing… My mediola V5 is working and depending on where you are from (shipping costs) I am willing to sell it to you.
Bernt

Hi guys, currently I’m forcing problems with the “Elero Home Assistant” integration.
But step by step. I’m moving from OpenHab to Home Assistant now. In my old ecosystem everything worked, now I want to get it working with HA the same way…

I’m using an RasPi4 which is connected via USB (ttyUSB0) with the Elero USB Transmitter Stick. HA (Hardware) will show that the Stick is found.

Now I tried to install " home-assistant-elero" via HACS which worked fine. Then I followed the steps in the readme … also the ser2net stuff… but I’m not able to discover the stick within the devices/integration page… I’m also not able to see any failure logs…

Do you have any ideas what I can test…?

Thanks

Welcome Tom31!
I also added the elero stick. Key was the change of log and thereby the identification of the stick serialnumber.
That was then added to the config. In my case it reads:

elero:
    transmitters:
        - serial_number: ANZ1RVK5
          baudrate: 38400
          bytesize: 8
          parity: 'N'
          stopbits: 1

Thereafter all worked fine. Now I can control my 12 elero roltops thru HA, except change of mode (auto /manual)…
Did you change the loglevel and do you have the serialnumber as described in the documentation?

Cheers Bernt

Hi Bernt,
thanks for you reply. So the advanced logging in the configuration wont worked for me. I got the Serial via the Hardware Menü. Hopefully this ist also eine?

Thanks
Tom

Hi Bernt,

does this also work with the newest HA Version for you? Maybe here ist the gap … don’t know…?

Hi Tom! I am using the current HA version, all is fine. I only had to reload the integration once…
Add your sticks serial (looks good) to the Config as shown in my post and give it a try…

I did a little try and error and it’s still a little bit strange… Until now I’m not able to identify the device itself but If I add an role shutter they will be found (so final I am able to use the role shutters)…

Thanks so far

I was not looking for the device itself. In the device list you only see the hacs integration.
Also I added my roller shutters. But it is working!
Good luck further on!

Does anyone know If this this stick is also supported?

Was it possible to find out from the documentation whether the devices use the Easywave protocol?

I think the transmitters shown above are quite expensive.

This seems to be a rebranded Eldat RX09 transceiver. The Elero blinds use a completely different protocol, that’s unrelated. The stick shown here lets the Elero Centero (which is a rebranded Mediola Gateway) control Easywave devices.

The stick itself is supported by an add-on: New add-on to add support for Easywave devices

2 Likes

Just a short fyi: I’ve started an ESPHome project to control Elero blinds as a cheaper (and available) alternative to the USB transmitter. All you need is an ESP32 (ESP8266 untested) with a CC1101 module. You can find my code at GitHub - andyboeh/esphome-elero

My code is heavily based on the two projects already linked:

The protocol I sniffed from my remote (TempoTel 2) is slighty different than the one in the mentioned projects, so about every aspect of the protocol is configurable.

Hi, I am new to Elero devices. I just discovered that my blinds where using the Elero protocol, but I don’t know more. I made a post about them here : Elero L1 blinds : How can I control them from HA? . As of today, what would be the best way to control them from HA ? What device would I need to buy ? I would like, if possible, to avoid any soldering but if there is no other option I could consider it. Is there an USB transmitter that could work with Elero ?

Thanks in advance for any answer and have a good day

I ordered this hardware as described in this link. But how are the two components to be connected?

However you like - a suggestion is provided in the example config file:

SCK: GPIO18
MISO: GPIO19
MOSI: GPIO23
GDO0: GPIO26
CSN: GPIO5

and of course VCC and GND.

There are no Pins GPI018, GPI019 and GPI023 at my board?

Then you will have to use different pins, as long as they support the required operation (i.e. Input or Input/Output) nearly all will work.

I have the same board, I send you my pinout when I get home.

As promised, this is my WT32-ETH01 configuration. As you can see, I use the pins:

SCK: GPIO33
MOSI: GPIO14
MISO: GPIO39
GDO0: GPIO32
CSN: GPIO12

And the complete config:

esphome:
  name: elero-lan
  platform: ESP32
  board: esp-wrover-kit

ethernet:
  type: LAN8720
  mdc_pin: GPIO23
  mdio_pin: GPIO18
  clk_mode: GPIO0_IN
  phy_addr: 1
  power_pin: GPIO16

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:
  reboot_timeout: 0s

web_server:
  local: True

ota:

external_components:
  - source: github://andyboeh/esphome-elero

spi:
  clk_pin: GPIO33
  mosi_pin: GPIO14
  miso_pin: GPIO39

elero:
  cs_pin: GPIO12
  gdo0_pin: GPIO32

time:
  - platform: homeassistant
    id: homeassistant_time

cover:
  - platform: elero
    blind_address: 0xaabbcc
    channel: 2
    remote_address: 0xddeeff
    name: Living Room
    poll_interval: "30min"
    device_class: "shutter"

@andyboeh - thanks for your great work. I have a question regarding your esphome-elero project. I have a Weinor awning with a 868,3 MHz remote control.
Do you think it would be possible to control it via a WT32-ETH01 + 868MHz CC1101 module? I wonder how I would be able to get the needed values?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

I do not know anything about Weinor products.