Energy Management in Home Assistant

How I made sensors that report in W (Watts) work in Energy Dashboard

Now I just need my Aeotec zigbee power monitoring smartplug (that come into HA via MQTT) to be listed as an individual device…

They show like this in Dev:

unit_of_measurement: W
friendly_name: Smart Plug - Back Lounge power
device_class: power

I might try making a template sensor and see if I can get that to work.

OK… I now have this in my configuration.yaml… let’s see if it works (I know a little but not enough so probably wrong somewhere). I can and have added them to individual devices…

UPDATE: Overly complicated. Integration Sensors can be added straight to the dashboard if setup correctly. Instructions updated.

sensor:
#Integration Sensors
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.smart_plug_back_lounge_power
    name: Smart Plug Back Lounge Energy Spent
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 2
    method: left
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.smart_plug_front_lounge_power
    name: Smart Plug Front Lounge Energy Spent
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 2
    method: left
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.smart_plug_front_door_power
    name: Smart Plug Front Door Energy Spent
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 2
    method: left
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.smart_plug_pool_filter_power
    name: Smart Plug Pool Filter Energy Spent
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 2
    method: left

then add this to customize.yaml :

sensor.smart_plug_back_lounge_energy_monitor:
  last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'
  state_class: 'total_increasing'
  device_class: energy
  unit_of_measurement: kWh

sensor.smart_plug_front_lounge_energy_monitor:
  last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'
  state_class: 'total_increasing'
  device_class: energy
  unit_of_measurement: kWh

sensor.smart_plug_front_door_energy_monitor:
  last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'
  state_class: 'total_increasing'
  device_class: energy
  unit_of_measurement: kWh

sensor.smart_plug_pool_filter_energy_monitor:
  last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'
  state_class: 'total_increasing'
  device_class: energy
  unit_of_measurement: kWh
1 Like