Enocean switch

Hello,
i have an Permundo PSC234 and want to use it with HA.
Due to that i was happy to read that HA has enocean support.

I used the example to change my configuration.

# Enocean switch
switch:
  - name: Lampe
    platform: enocean
    id: [0xAA,0xAA,0xAA,0xAA] (<-- dummy ID. I use the right one)

And I added the switch to my view as

• switch.Lampe

But nothing happens :frowning:

(The ID is correct and it is ā€œlearnedā€, I was able to use the switch with FHEM)

Thanks, Stefan

Nobody tried that feature?

I found out, that the switch in HA is changing, when I use the button at the permundo switch.
It seems, that the feedback is received.

But why it is not possible to use the switch in HA?

Did nobody try to get enocean working, or has a working configuration?

I can confirm the exact same behaviour.
Perhaps it should be removed from the compatibility list, if it isnā€™t supportedā€¦

HI

i have also some Enocean devices and iam very unhappy with the result so far. Did you guys were able to manage working with HA and enocean devices?

thx for reply

I get a power sensor from the permundo but I am unable to use any switch. Neither FT55 nor the window handle provide valid event data although I see them in the logs.

It might be interesting that I get this error message everytime I push an EnOcean switch button:
2017-11-18 17:48:43 ERROR (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.switch.fritzdect] Request to actor failed
Disabling the Fritzdect component does not help.

Hello everybody

I have a bachelor thesis, that is using enocean devices with home assistant. I read through the python code and in my opinion it isnā€™t coded very well. It just works for a few enocean devices. But there are a lot on the market. Thatā€™s the reason why I started recoding the whole enocean code. I hope i get a solution that is compatible with more devices that i can share with you.

Cheers Ruffy

2 Likes

Hi Ruffy @Codak,

Its great to hear somebody is recoding the EnOcean component.

What devices/types/EEPs do you plan on supporting initialy?

Hi @jamieb

First of all we will implement devices from eltako. (Switches, Temperatursensor, Powersensor/switch etc. But I hope that we can write the code that it will be easy to implement some other devices.

3 Likes

Hi @Codak,

great to hear that. I am thinking about migrating from IP-Symcon to HA and I have a some Eltako Enocean devices. If you need someone to test, I am happy to help.

Cheers
Holger

Hi @Codak happy to here, that there is someone to care. Let me know if you need help

Hi @Codak, Great to here that someone focus on Enocean/Eltako stuff.
I just started to look into this on my ownā€¦

Are your development available on GIT?

/Rgds, Hans

Hi,

I just bought some EnOcean devices from Nodon this week and I plan to test them ASAP but looking at the current code in the HA repo Iā€™m quite sure that it will not work very wellā€¦
Iā€™m also a developer so maybe I can help? Can I have access to a repo where devs are in progress?

Hi all
I use a lot of enocean products of Omnio. Please let me know if I can support any developer, I also would be glad about a better integration of this products in HA.

Thanks, I was trying to use Eltako outputs with power measurement and occupancy sensor with no luck. I got some door sensors to work.
I think the implementation is based on https://github.com/kipe/enocean which offers a lot of profiles and functionality but the features are not brought into the HA component. I am not very verse in Python, maybe you can take a look at the kipe/enocean code. We would need teach in and profile functionality implemented in HA

Hi everybody,

sorry to continue this discussion after this timeā€¦ but Iā€™m starting to equip my installation with Enocean devices.
With the stop of Dash Button of Amazon, Iā€™m trying to find a new way (Iā€™ve got a lot of Dash Button), and the autonomy of Enocean devices is very interresting contrary to Zwave !

Did you success to recode this module ?

While searching, I found The Soft Button EnOcean from Nodon (https://nodon.fr/nodon/the-soft-button-enocean-2/) which could easily replace my Dash Button (not the same price unfortunatelyā€¦ :persevere:)

Do you think it could works ?

Thank you !!!

Hi all

I managed to integrate binary sensors from Feller and Omnio and I can use the in different automation cases. I can even control some Zigbee lights via ConBee 2.

Now Iā€™m trying to integrate an Eltako Switch TF61D. In order to be controlled via the HA UI. However, I do not have any success at all.

@Codak, you were mentioning working on some code for Eltako products. Is there a way you could provide your solution?

@cgrueter, are you using any enocean switches that you control via HA?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers
Dani

Hi Dani

Yes, I integrated switches, covers and contacts from Omnio, but without the official enocean HA integration.
I divided the integration of my Omnio products into two parts. For sending commands, I use command line switches which use the libraries and scripts of https://github.com/kipe/enocean. To read and integrate status telegrams of the enocean devices, I use a second raspberry pi with its own enocean pi board as an enocean-mqtt gateway with the tools of https://github.com/romor/enocean-mqtt.
Unnecessary complicated, I know. :woozy_face:

Hi @cgrueter

Thanks! rather complicated, indeed :frowning:
Since Iā€™m not really a developer I would have to figure out how to integrate libraries and scripts first ā€¦ and not sure what I would have to do afterwards. Iā€™d be willing to invest some time to learn though.
But before doing so, Iā€™m trying to find the solution with the least coding needed. I.e. I prefer solutions where I can connect working components to a system.

I found another post here: Controlling my Eltako dimmers via Enocean PI - Need advice
The proposed solution is to connect the enocean devices via FHEM and then connect FHEM and HA via an MQTT broker.

Iā€™m running hassio. so the mqtt add-on might work:

However, I need to figure out whether I can run FHEM on the same Raspberry Pi as Hassio and if I can use the some enocean USB dongleā€¦

What is your opinion? Scripts and libraries vs Hassio & FHEM & MQTT? One Raspberry PI vs 2 Raspberry PI?

(Sorry if these questions sound dumb, but as mentioned above, Iā€™m no dev, just a bit interested in technologyā€¦)