Error returned from Supervisor: System is not ready with state: setup

it works. thanks.

Using HAOS host in VM in Synology NAS. I too would like to know why this thread has a post marked for solution when itā€™d for from it. This would seem as a minor fix but hasnā€™t been addressed for several months. I think @k8gg is right in his post Error returned from Supervisor: System is not ready with state: setup - #24 by k8gg Requesting moderator remove solved from this thread so that it can be properly fixed

OS Version: Home Assistant 9.3
Home Assistant Core: 2022.12.1

I got this error 2 times this month after a power outage (my server starts as soon as the power is back).
Restarting VM works for me (without any magic command) but the root cause itā€™s not addressed:

I get the same thing since upgrading to 2022.12.x

However if I wait for 10+ minutes it will boot fine. Iā€™m running VM on a Synology NAS.

Thank you soooo much!! Amazing, was wondering why the HA internal site wasnā€™t coming back up after the 9.3 to 9.4 OS upgrade so popped onto VM interface and typed banner, lo and behold I can access the site once again :slight_smile:

I have found that adding ā€œā€“log-level=debugā€ to all suggested commands is helpful.

eg, ā€œha> bannerā€ becomes ā€œha> banner --log-level=debugā€

ā€œha> supervisor repairā€ becomes ā€œha> supervisor repair --log-level=debugā€

(in the end, my issue was simply that HA container past 2022.6.7 doesnā€™t work on Raspberry Pi Zero W, but adding the debug output should be helpful for any situation)

1 Like

Same problem here. Happened twice after a power outage. Iā€™m running HA on a virtual machine in DSM 7. Typing banner worked for me. Hoping this wonā€™t happen again.

Iā€™m stuck :-/
Everything worked fined yesterday and now : nothing :grimacing:
I tried all solution above (banner 2x, supervisor repaired, supervisor restart), I even tried to restore from a VM backup of 3 days old : same resultā€¦which is very very strange.

Only logs on Synology

The network interface [XXXXX] [LAN 1] has been disconnected. The virtual network interfaces on [XXXXX] [Default VM Network] are disconnected.

core-2023.1.7
Home Assistant OS
OS Linux : 5.15.80

Any idea? Thanks in advance

I found out a ā€œsolutionā€ but not yet why.
Iā€™m very basic in IT and in network.

I do think a network issue happend during the night.
My local IP was not on 192.168.1.49 but become another. I saw it when I logged in my router logs.

Iā€™m wondering how it could happen.

Very annoying and makes HA unstable.

Any news on this? Everytime I reboot my OS I get this error, where I need to manually restart HA, it is very painful.

1 Like

I fixed it by restarting container (crontab, 10 minutes after reboot) after system is fully rebooted and network established. I guess HA is starting too early.

docker restart homeassistant

Thanks for last update running my HA ā€¦

I just had this problem after HA update. Rebooted the vitual machine and found this error. banner solved it right away. Thanks!!

Had this issue direcly after installing on the VM for the first time

banner solved it

Thank You! typing ā€˜bannerā€™ ā€¦ working!!

You saved my day!!

The fix was simple here - Plug in a wired network connection as it hadnā€™t found my wifi dongle!

Thank you, this happened to me this morning and your suggestion fixed my issue.

Unraid VM.

Not sure if I have the same issue you all are reporting. When I do a reboot on my host system, it appears that home assistant loads faster than supervisor & that supervisor is not ready when HA sends a request to it. I can access the webpage fine but none of my addons show and a few other things. I just restart home assistant via the gui and everything comes back normal