Error returned from Supervisor: System is not ready with state: setup

I Have the same issue here. Is there a way to start Hassio Supervisor integration a bit later ? or ask HA to start this integration once supervisor is ready ?

I had the same problem but i found out that the ethernet cable was disconnected.

Flashed HA to a 16GB usb3 dongle causing the errors in the post starter here.

Switched to flashing a sata ssd instead - no problems at all after that. Much faster too.

Lesson learned: Use performant/quality storage/volume. There is a reason why they dont recommend using usb/sd card dongle in the installation docs.

Running a SSD and still have the issue everything I reboot the PI. Need to restart HA so it can connect to supervisor.

I had this issue today on my unraid server, typing banner into my VM console for hassio resolved the issue.

1 Like

This should be the solution. Worked perfectly for me.

I had same problem. I’ve run docker logs hassio_supervisor and I’ve seen something like this:

After many minutes I’ve seen “Supervisor is up and running” in the log file. Then ha banner started working and it was possible to visit the web configuration.
Maybe downloading was too slow?

I have to mention I experiment with HA by using USB 2.1 flash disk as a disk, so maybe the system performance is slowed down by this.

I have just had this issue since last night after accidentally pulling the power to the Mini PC running my HA. I’ve tried banner, supervisor repair, supervisor restart and everything else i could fine. Nothing works.

Any help is appreciated.

I just restarted HA via the web gui and it worked all OK for me. I do need to work out why this happens, so once I organise a backup etc I will shutdown the restart the hardware again and see if it happens again.

Nothing works for me too. On reboot it fails, I need to restart HA a second time to make it works. No idea how to fix that

Happened to me today after a power ‘blip’. Running VM supervisor on a laptop Windows 11. Rebooted the host machine, got same error. Tried banner, and it worked! Man that was a scary few minutes!

this issue is my problem for some time already
what I noticed is: this always happens after Proxmox (re)starts
Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 13.07.38

solution: restart HA from the settings menu
and when it happens, half of the left menu is not visible:

after restart all is ok:

same for me - only restart of the HA helps

I have tried to reinstall supervisor, homeassistat-supervised, os-agent, but still have the issue on my side :confused:

Hello all,

I have the same issue. First the system stops with multiple messages of reseting Network adapter.
After Reboot of the System it comes not up with message " Error returned from Supervisor: System is not ready with state: setup.

running in a virtual Machine on Synology.

Home Assistant 2023.4.1
Supervisor 2023.04.0
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230406.1 - latest

Just had this happen to me again after a power outage. Running everything fully up to date in a VM on a Synology NAS. Very annoying since things should recover automatically after the power is restored but instead required manual intervention to issue a banner command. This is a bug that really deserves attention from the core team.

2 Likes

Happens to me every time the VM restarts. Running on a new proxmox server (ryzen 5600, 64gb ram, nvme storage) performance is definitely not an issue. After the automatic proxmox backup every day it doesn’t start properly. The web interface works, but no addons are visible in the menu and I have to manually hit “restart homeassistant” every morning. The addons seem to be running though, since my automations in Node-RED are working in the error state.
Screenshot 2023-05-09 085108

ha> supervisor reload

1 Like

Have the same problem for with proxmox. It there for some month now. Are there any approaches?

Hey everybody,
I got the same issue, tried banner, supervisor repair, deleted and reinstall…not working.
Then I was checking if something wrong with my router settings.
Guess what? I found “home assistant” on the device list of wifi connection.
So I got the IP address of the “home assistant” device.
type in the browser “X.X.X.X:8123”
Boom! It works!
Then you can retry banner, got it!