ESP32 with display - possible awesome DIY interface

Lilygo have quite many interesting looking products, like this!

Hello,

I finally found some time to finish the M5stack alarm panel and publish everything on Github. I hope you can reuse this project and all remarks, bugs and additions are welcome.

It should work with any MQTT alarm panel in HA.

Gr. Remco

7 Likes

Hello, How could I use this ESP32 capacitive screen + camera device to control Home Assistant?

https://www.makerfabs.com/esp32-3.5-inch-tft-touch-capacitive-with-camera.html

Looks kinda powerful and usefulā€¦ Do you know a tutorial to display and control Lovelace or even better, HACC?

I can imagine a device like this on the living room wall, for alarm, TV and light control

To run lovelace or hacc requires a modern web browser. You got one for esp32?

No idea about it, I donā€™t have any experience about ESP32 yet, I would like to know if itā€™s possible what I before I buy one.
I use an iPad and my Android phone, but I would like to have something permanent on the wall.

Buy a cheap android tablet and stick it on the wall. There are dozens of threads about this.

I am not saying that you cannot make a decent control interface with an esp32, but I doubt one is going to run lovelace or hacc.

1 Like

Really interested in setting this up but it looks like the original M5Stack core and faces line is EOL. Donā€™t suppose anyone knows if it is still possible to get them in the UK, or an alternative?

Later version perhaps. Plenty of other options too

Possible, but not quite as nice and self-contained as the faces versionā€¦