Eufy Camera Integration

Ok I’m losing my mind. I don’t know what I did, I changed to YAML mode my Lovelace config, so I can edit the call service action, and when I loaded again the dashboard I got a live view. (I have to cards, one with picture glance and other as picture entity just for testing and in both got live view) So I thought I made it, but then the picture went and I don’t see anything. What could’ve been the difference? Why did I got live view? It is really weird, is it supposed to support services as turn on/off?

Nooo way. I just tried to use call service camera.turn_on with my wired doorbell it’s working live stream.
also the camera.enable/disable_motion_detection working.

I can confirm I now have a live stream also the camera.enable/disable_motion_detection working

1 Like

What did you do?!! @wedozayer did you change something?

No, I just use script to create call service to turn on the camera on then execute. The camera live for 2-3 min and stopped I tried many time each time you want to see the camera you need to execute the script

One point worth to mention if the camera live last motion picture disappeared till the camera off again.
It’s really look promising integration. Am ready to help and test

@wedozayer can you share the script? I had a card with the camera entity and to call the service when I pressed the card but it didnt work. :frowning:

my doorbell is 2k wired
and here is the script

alias: doorbell
sequence:
  - service: camera.turn_on
    data: {}
    entity_id: camera.doorbell
mode: single
icon: 'mdi:video'

I have the wired doorbell and the integrationnworking with a second family accoun from the app. The camera and start stop scripts are working. What I desperately need is an event in ha when the doorbell is pressed. I see many properties of the camera.doorbell but none of them looks like the button pressed or something similar.

I am really hoping for the doorbell integration (camera and ding). Did the upvote!

You can view the live stream in HA, with the same caveat as elsewhere that this isn’t persistent and needs the service to be activated.

No way to activate the lights yet which would be a huge benefit.

@repiuk

I too have the Eufy door bell. Fairly new to HA. Managed to install the integration. Could you share what you did next in terms of code to config YAML and also to bring up the door bell in the UI

Thanks

Add a new family member in the app
install https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security
add scripts (scripts.yaml)

deurbel_camera_aan:
  alias: deurbel camera aan
  sequence:
    - service: camera.turn_on
  icon: "mdi:video"

deurbel_camera_uit:
  alias: deurbel camera uit
  sequence:
    - service: camera.turn_off
  icon: "mdi:video-off"

ui-lovelace.yaml

- type: picture-glance
        entities:
          - script.deurbel_camera_aan
          - script.deurbel_camera_uit
        camera_image: camera.doorbell
        title: Doorbell
        camera_view: live

- type: picture-glance
        entities: []
        title: Doorbell last event
        camera_image: camera.doorbell

The last event image directly works and for me this is enough for HA. I would like to have some real-time method of detecting a keypress on the eufy. The last event image has a delay. For the live camera stream you have to run the script with the button and for my setup hit ctrl-r to reload the page. It doesn;t always work the first time. mysecurity.eufylife.com has the same problem. The video stream stops after some time.

does your script allow you to playback your doorbell camera feed?

yes it is working
wow,at last
it is

Maybe we should turn that script with camera_on to run every 2-3 minutes?

2nd question
in developer tools i have lots of info none of that corresponds to doorbell ring?

software_version: '2.328'
volume: 148
night_visual: true
open_device: true
detect_scenario: 4
chime_state: true
doorbell_led_night_mode: 1
doorbell_hdr: 0
camera_upgrade_now: 0
doorbell_ir_mode: 1
doorbell_audio_recode: 1
detect_mode: 1
watermark_mode: 1
detect_motion_sensitive: 2
doorbell_ring_record: 0
detect_switch: 1
ringing_volume: 120
doorbell_distortion: 0
device_upgrade_now: 0
doorbell_video_quality: 0
doorbell_record_quality: 3
detect_zone:
  polygonArray:
    - pointArray:
        - x: 63
          'y': 644
        - x: 2506
          'y': 1393
        - x: 2551
          'y': 1874
        - x: 1278
          'y': 1879
        - x: 839
        - x: 19
doorbell_snooze_start_time: 1592456349
sdcard:
  totalCapcity: 4294967296
  usedCapcity: 3856704716
doorbell_motion_advance_option:
  - mode: 3
    sensitivity: 2
    size: 48
    motionSensitivity: 6
    humanSensitivityA: 12
    humanSensitivityB: 500
    frequency: 3
  - mode: 1
    sensitivity: 1
    size: 54
    motionSensitivity: 10
    size: 40
    sensitivity: 3
    size: 34
  - mode: 2
    size: 40
    motionSensitivity: 10
un_detect_zone:
  polygonArray:
    - pointArray:
        - x: 1949
          'y': 841
        - x: 2349
          'y': 841
        - x: 2349
          'y': 1219
        - x: 1949
          'y': 1219
snooze_mode: null
friendly_name: doorbellEUFY
entity_picture: >-
  /api/camera_proxy/camera.doorbell2?token=
supported_features: 3

Why do we need a new family member?

Hmmm I did exaclty as you have written out and when I hit the button in the picture glance card to activate the camera turn on script it brings up a dialog box for me to hit execute. Once I hit execute, the live view does not show up. It still just shows the last event image.

I need to use refresh ctrl r most the times. Sometimes the stream starts by itself. I suspect the firmware of the cam needs work. Mysecurity.eufylife.com has similar problems. Tinycam pro has official support for the wired doorbell but also needs a long time to start the stream.
contacted eufy support and they claim normal rtsp support will be implemented. Fingers crossed.

Real time button pressed or motion detected events in HA is what I would like to have. Maybe eufy implements onvif support…

2 Likes

@repiuk - as was already mentioned in this thread, the wired doorbell sends a 433mhz message to the chime on button press. Can get it to HA via Sonoff RF Bridge or it’s alternatives.

Aha I missed that. I have the rfxtrx tried the RFXmngr with undec on. It doesn’t see the 433 signal from the doorbell.
The Sonoff RF bridge is being shipped.