Eufy Camera Integration

Wow @bropat. Great work :slight_smile: Thank you for your efforts!

ooooh local livestream with no time limit sounds brilliant! Thanks for all your efforts @bropat !

1 Like

guys,

I’m currently waiting for my Amcrest AD110 to be delivered, this doorbell has RTSP, Motion sensor and online status for Home Assistant and costs around 80$.

Should i send it back and get the EUFY or?

That’s entirely up to you, we can’t decide for you. Depends on your needs and what you’re looking for.

Well function wise i’d prefer the EUFY however at the time i made the purchase there was no RTSP or homeassistant intergration so i decided not to get it.

However i’m hearing allot of good stuff about the eufy cam and home assistant with live streaming.

Ok, my brief summary all the Eufy Security oriented projects ive seen in this thread:

^^ this looks great for MQTT users that just want notifications, but doesnt have any streaming or camera control options

Unfortunately for Homey, not HA, but getting that ported over, or figuring out how some key features work would be spectacular. The primary thing thats missing from nonsleepr is the ability to turn the cameras on and off. Thats super cumbersome from the app, and cant be coded into app modes, so it would be really handy to have access to that switch in HA for automation

The go to working HA integration for most folks, supports devices and streaming, solid and well designed, but no camera “control” options. Many thanks to continual contributors nonsleepr and fuzzymistborn for all the hard work on this one, its the defacto standard to judge other work off imo.

Newcomer, but looks very promising to add many similar features to the Homey integration above. Still evaluating, but i see bropat is posting in here :slight_smile: Thanks for the great effort here

3 Likes

Anyone running hassos tried bropats version? Willing to share the howto?

Fuzzy wrote up a guide about 100 posts back

1 Like

I managed to change guard mode using https://github.com/JanLoebel/eufy-node-client-examples but only on the Homebase not the indoor camera

Life changed! Thank you for this and dockerising it … brilliant!

MOtion detection working again makes me SO happy!

(motion after sunset, triggers front door light on + any motion triggers a telegram notification with the perp’s face). The above discussion regarding tirggers for ‘silent’ mode or not are going to be on y to-do list so I don’t get my own ass taking bins down to the road. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have a post further up in the thread which shows how you can get the camera mostly automated through a few scripts and a browser_mod addon to refresh the page. :slight_smile:

All the heavy lifting from the guys you mentioned though!

Awesome, found it. Thank you very much!

For others^^

1 Like

@jbrukardt
#1 and #2 are based on the same library eufy-node-client.

So except for some functionalities added in #2 the basic building block is the same.
#1 could easily implement the features of #2.
The limitation at the moment is the progress of the base library for it.

Agreed. Thats actually the first code based off eufy-node-client that ive seen that can successfully turn on and off cameras though. I know the flags for that (and many other things) are exposed, but they tend not to work, even when triggered manually it seems.

Thats not on hassos

Other than the installation method (which can now be done via an addon) the set up is identical.

@fuzzymistborn
Thank you for the coffees :wink:

Well deserved! Thank YOU for finally getting me control over my doorbell :smiley:

Do i need the web server? I’m not sure
I already have the mqtt bridge addon and the eufy security integration

I’ve read further too, do i need to follow the steps of HASS integration too? Since i already have the above?

@bropat

How do you upgrade the ioBroker instance? Is it a delete and then re-add? I don’t see an option to upgrade to 1.5.0.