Eufy Camera Integration

Feel like i should update the top post at some point to summarize some of the info in this thread and include those links.

7 Likes

Haha nice one! But I’m not sure if I am ready to marry @bropat just yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I do like the idea of bundling everything in a shared library and working on that together to improve both integrations. I’ll try some things out soon and see if I can get this started while @bropat is working on the P2P stuff…

2 Likes

Lets hope everything will bring pictures as soon as doorbell is pressed :stuck_out_tongue: (always)

Hi @matijse ,

I have decided to give preference to the shared library, so you (and others) can already start with some tests and integrations.
I think I will publish a first version later today.
This version already includes the latest P2P features (incl. livestream support over p2p) :slight_smile:

PS: By the way, I am already married :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow that’s great (and fast)!

I will probably have time next week to try it out and will see if there are things I can help out with…

3 Likes

Published :slight_smile:

bropat/eufy-security-client (github.com)
eufy-security-client - npm (npmjs.com)

Next step is to port my ioBroker adapter on this shared library and then test the shared library effectively. :sweat_smile:

Update:

The ioBroker adapter has been ported to use the shared library and works as before :slight_smile:

Now I will turn back to the ioBroker adapter and complete the next public release.

6 Likes

Alright so 4GB is plenty for a few weeks of clips?
I’ll probably go for the wired version then, only thinking about how to secure good to my door post since i live in an apartment with a neighbour that cannot be trusted.

Not really, since the ioBroker adapter also supports P2P communication via the Eufy Cloud. The only requirement is that the configured Eufy Cloud account can view all devices.
If the Eufy Cloud account configured in the ioBroker adapter has access to all devices and you still can’t see all devices (of both properties) in ioBroker, please enable debug mode and then send me the logs.

@dax333 Many thanks for the coffees :heart:

2 Likes

Everyone here is doing great work! keep it up! :grinning:

1 Like

Depending on the amount of motion detected, more than likely yes.

awesome. So this is just a more updated replacement for the “old” eufy-node-client . ?

Yes, here I have told the story.

You will need to forgive me, this looks amazing but how do I install and setup?

Install what? Bropat’s new library? You don’t. Either use ioBroker or the HASS-MQTT-Bridge (though this doesn’t use the library yet)

hey @MaxW

Any reason your iobroker addon couldnt support ingress so we can have iobroker in a tab within home assistant for those of us accessing remotely?

Tried and ran into some major gfx problems. Maybe I will give it a second try someday, but not in my high prio list.

no worries. Im a complete amateur, but ill mess with getting it to show up in a tab it a bit locally. Useful to me even if the graphics are borked.

i am a little bit confused which package should i use to make it work in home assistant?

This post has some good explanations:

To run the ioBroker option, you’d need to install a custom add-on or follow this blog post: Controlling Eufy Security Devices with ioBroker

got this working, if anyone wants to do it here is the config.json that enables ingress.

Its a little busted like MaxW said, mainly the buttons are the wrong size, but its very usable should you need to access it remotely.

{
    "name": "ioBroker_ingress",
    "version": "0.5.0",
    "webui": "http://[HOST]:[PORT:8081]/",
    "slug": "iobroker",
    "description": "Open source automation platform",
    "ingress": true,
    "ingress_port": 8081,
    "panel_icon": "mdi:iobroker",
    "arch": ["armhf", "armv7", "aarch64", "amd64", "i386"],
    "startup": "application",
    "boot": "auto",