Eufy Camera Integration

Nah, honestly, I am happy with the eufy-security integration at that point.

Shows me the last motion detection triggered image per default and lifestream when I click on it.

@MaxW how do you get the motion detection triggered image ? I have the following topics:

I checked the topics that you used initially but dont get any live streaming.

By using the HA integration (https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security). It populates a camera entity that does exactly this when shown on a picture entity.

I tried to consume the last_event_pic but was not able to create something useful of it. the last_event_pic_html is way to long to be stored in a entity state as they are limited by 255 chars.

So for now I use this components:
HA Integration for Last Picture and Livestream, MQTT for instant motion detection (untested, also other sensors) and restful API towards ioBroker for state changes.

Pretty messy at the moment, but I think about ditching he mqtt part. Usually I sit at the window in direction of the camera, so when there is motion notified i am quicker by looking out of the window that switching browsers. If I am away I am happy with the eufy app to check what is going on.

Btw, created some node-red flow to temporary change guard mode so I can water the plants and get some fresh air on the motion detection covered area. It can be triggered from Alexa by some voice command. For now this was my main goal.

1 Like

Wow this topic goes hard.
I just installed my eufy doorbell

What i want now:

• see live camera feed in HA dashboard (no still image)
  • make nois on all hubs theres someone at the door
  • When doorbell presses automatically see live camera on all my google hubs

The last thing… is that possible? (with or without use of HA or IFTTT)
Why doesnt eufy add such thing?

Thats close to possible now?
Via mqtt or rest?

Even doorbell presses?

You can do this however ths stream stops after 3 min or so. you can the camera stop and camera start service to fire up the stream. you can see the screen in lovelace

the integration does not support this :(. You can use a RF radio to intercept the ping on 443mhz if you have the eufy doorbell that transmits, or you can use alexa to trigger an automation.

Much the same as above you cannot trigger an automation from the doorbell without intercepting the ping on 443mhz or working with alexa.

Forgot to mention, i dont have alexa, i only have google.
Getting the doorbell press is the key to all i want.
I thought this could be done with google , but i cant find it.

Truly pity
Not even with mqtt or the rest way?

So my only luck is the 443mhz IF its being used?
How do i get this to work?
Will my hamony hub capture this? How do i do it?

I’m not sure if my doorbell is the right version that will have the 433 signal… i bought it from coolblue

Edit: if harmony doesnt work, is this what i need then? https://www.bol.com/nl/p/sonoff-rf-bridge-werkt-met-google-assistant-ifttt-alexa/9200000116874595/?country=BE&Referrer=ADVNLGOO002063-G-57809360815-S-483420068842-9200000116874595&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoab_BRCxARIsANMx4S6FJE0uXvif4-90--DnS98xNwytZHlnnggrIwbhZGwudvX6FnXA61AaAk6HEALw_wcB

Will that work to get doorbell press in HA? with the doorbell from coolblue?

Or this one?
https://www.bol.com/nl/p/remote-control-wifi-station-bridge-sonoff-werkt-met-smartphone-alexa-google-home/9200000105443405/?country=BE&Referrer=ADVNLGOO002063-G-57809360815-S-483420067362-9200000105443405&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoab_BRCxARIsANMx4S6FwxEp9it98HQcFhNqIpqDsXm-dDx4Vy1ExCTfsKhOalCzFjw29I0aAv7pEALw_wcB

I dunno, how do u capture it then?
Doest it respond very fast?
I am able to capture then and post audio and video to hubs?

And furthermore, does the bridge need to be soldered and put on new firmware too?
Its not plug n play?

This is the same one ? https://nl.banggood.com/SONOFF-RF-Bridge-WIFI-433-MHz-Replacement-Smart-Home-Automation-Universal-Switch-p-1179900.html?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_organic&gmcCountry=BE&utm_content=minha&utm_campaign=minha-beg-nl-pc&currency=EUR&cur_warehouse=CN&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgs&utm_content=xibei&utm_campaign=xibei-ssc-beg-nl-all-0910-13anv&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoab_BRCxARIsANMx4S7oMsuag1UYSWVH8pW8knKrYJIknygah1T_5GyEZ2OsGmIx2_QqmiQaAhjQEALw_wcB

Edit: The iobroker speaks of event ringing doorbell too, so that might be possible too ? https://github.com/bropat/ioBroker.eufy-security

fix worked. Tanx

I tried to consume the last_event_pic but was not able to create something useful of it. the last_event_pic_html is way to long to be stored in a entity state as they are limited by 255 chars.

This is possible by using the ioBroker webview. So for me I have a camera entity like this:

- platform: generic
    name: Eufy Camera Image
    still_image_url: http://IP_ADDRESS:8082/eufy-security.0/T8200XXXXXXXXXX.jpg

Pulls the still into HASS.

Also thanks for the rest sensor tip, I just set up mine and it’s working very well. Though Iobroker doesn’t seem to be picking up motion/doorbell ringing events.

@dad-cmyk @JamesCaudle is there a way to automatically refresh the lovelace page to view the stream in a lovelace card?

Here, I wrote up a guide for how to get ioBroker working (thanks to @MaxW for the Restful API tip, works great!)

3 Likes

Couldn’t you use Portainer in HassOS to add another docker image to load? Just curious if anyone has gone down this route verses setting up another VM or RPi.

Thanks, the guide is very helpfull.
I have two problems:

• I often get the Unknown state (raw -{{value}}-) state of the rest sensor, anybody fixed that?
  • The switch only works one-way, can’t set it to Home

I’m in the same boat.
Running HASS OS here on pi 4, so i cant install iobroker…
Or i would have to turn on a second machine running 24/24 7/7
Also strange the doorbell presses isnt working … as @MaxW says its included…

Should the really be the way? iobroker as a “competitor” to HA to be installed in parallel to HA to be able to use this single integration instead of having the same features in the HA adapter as the ioBrober adapter has?

I decided to go with HA instead of ioBrober and now I have to install this in parallel because of eufy security? Would strongly suggest having a generic “io adapter wrapper” or to improve the HA adapter instead.

1 Like

I agree, but if thats the only way…

I don’t think anyone would like the idea of ​​running ioBroker next to HA to integrate a simple doorbell.

Given the traffic in this forum and the questions elsewhere, I think we should especially stalk [email protected] with the request to do a decent job of an HA integration or at least provide a documented and open API.

In the meantime, thanks for all the work to look for a solution.

1 Like

@nonsleepr Is your adapter still in progress/maintained or a dead end? Esp. if you crosscheck the features already in iobroker adapter. Apriciate the current state :slight_smile: , but of course, if you look in this thread, it would be more than great to … :wink:

Yes I guess you could do that. I don’t run HassOS so I didn’t think of that.

That’s obvious a preferable solution, but doing so is well beyond my skills.

Willing to try and give us feedback?