Eufy Camera Integration

Oh dear, it looks like Eufy Cameras are less than secure and Anker has been a bit naughty with our data: Anker’s Eufy lied to us about the security of its security cameras - The Verge

Not to rain on everyone’s torches, but I believe there’s a lot more nuance to this whole eufy issue than folks are letting on. I work in information security and have reviewed the information available at this time and it frankly does not seem like nearly as big a deal as people are making it out to be.

There’s a thoughtful response video here that lays out a response more eloquently than I could: The Internet is WRONG about Eufy. (Mostly) - YouTube

We must all make our own decisions about risk tolerances with products like this, balancing them with the features we want available to us. To me, the potential risk of a CDN leaking a still image of the exterior of my home does not outweigh the benefits that the eufy Doorbell has brought to my physical security posture.

I’m keeping my eufy doorbell and am quite happy with it overall.

14 Likes

Did you find out if it’s possible to use Eufy Keypad is such way? I would like to use it just as a general keypad for setting HA Alarmo.

How do you get that image?

Hi,
I was able too but something changed in the intergration thats stopped it from displaying

Ok its so stupid that this doorbell is pretty useless in home assistant

Yes, same experience here - pretty useless.

Long time reader, first time poster… Can anyone confirm that the Eufy Security 330 Floodlight Cam 2 Pro does, in fact, work with this integration and which features do and do not work (pretty sure there’s no real time/continuous stream, but I’d love to be wrong)?

Thanks in advance!

Can you share the source code of how you added pet response? Are looking to using that feature in a different plug in as yours is not longer available

Hi, I just installed my Eufy T8210 doorbell, and the live stream works perfectly on p2p

However, I don’t have any audio, and I’ve been searching for hours to figure out what could be causing this issue.

Please note that I’m a beginner with Home Assistant. Thanks

P2P doesn’t support Audio, i need to spend some more time on it.

thank you for that clarification!

however I just noticed that the live video stream cuts out every 5 or 10 minutes and I have to restart it manually where could this be coming from?

Before arriving on HA I had another home automation and home bridge system and with an ffmpeg extension I managed to recover the sound but above all I had no interruption the stream is never stopped do you have any idea of ​​this who could not go into my configuration?

No, sadly not, I don’t have a solution in place for these video cutoffs.

You can setup an automation based on camera state to trigger the streaming again.

Can you share more details about the previous solution which makes the streaming running without interruption?

So it’s normal, it doesn’t just happen to me, the cuts are a known problem?

For the other solution I will explain to you, I used a system called Homebridge which allowed you to import non-homekit compatible equipment using add-ons.

One of these addons was a eufy addon which therefore made the connection between a secondary eufy account a bit like here and my homebrdige system, it went through a graphical interface and using it I never ever had an outage and the its was active, here is the github link of the extension in question if that helps you

I quickly come back to my cutting problem, how can I create an automation that restarts the script if the camera goes inactive if the camera remains in the “broadcast in progress” status even when it crashes?

And all this command/info are not available :

I’m, having problems where my integration fails to set up. I suspect its an error of the various ports/IP’s I’m using therefore any basic help apprectiated. My port 3000 is used elsewhere hence the use of port 3001.
The Add-on loads succesfully as far as I can see:

eufy-security-ws
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
2023-11-14 19:05:12.476  INFO  Eufy Security server listening on host 0.0.0.0, port 3001 
2023-11-14 19:05:13.902  INFO  Connected to station T8010P2320272531 on host 192.168.0.216 and port 24840 
2023-11-14 19:05:19.790  INFO  Push notification connection successfully established

I use the defaults on the RTSP Simple Server Add-on of 1935 & 8554

My Device add-on set as follows:

Any help much appreciated.

Any help much appreciated…

Hi,

I’m also trying to do something similar within my HA. Do you know if there was any progress on this?

Some of the entities that write back to HA when Snooze is enabled in the Eufy app are:

binary_sensor.doorbell_snooze
binary_sensor.doorbell_snooze_motion
sensor.doorbell_snooze_start_time
sensor.doorbell_snooze_time

These are the ones I’m interested in to be able to set up an automation with. They show the values when Snooze is disabled (Either “Off” or “0”) and when it is enabled. See attached image for when it is disabled as an example in the HA dashboard.

When enabling this in the Eufy app, I’ve noticed it takes somewhere between 10-15 minutes for HA to update its values. I’m not sure why it takes so long to update these.

I have created a Helper in HA which is of type “Toggle”, which I’ve discovered via the Alexa App and configured a Routine to do the following (Example);

When I say “XYZ”, toggle on the helper.

When I say “123”, toggle off the helper.

My aim is to use the helper so when it is toggled ON, it’ll set specific values to the entities mentioned above and enable Snooze in the Eufy app. On the flip side, when the helper is toggled OFF, it’ll set the entities to “0” or “Off” depending on the entity, and disable Snooze in the Eufy app.

Is this something that is possible? With my limited YAML coding knowledge for automations, I am hoping that someone will have done something similar which I can tweak for my use case? Or any other suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
Eufy entities when disabled

not all entities are updates via push notifications so they require cloud refresh to be updated. In the integration configuration options, you can set the interval (by default it is 10 minutes) and try with lower values.

as these values rely on cloud sync. it is the only way of updating this.

There is also a service called force_refresh.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! For context, I’m trying to automate enabling and disabling Snooze through Home Assistant.

If I enable Snooze in the Eufy app, the values update to these:

Eufy entities when Snooze is enabled

I have an automation that sets the values of the two entities above (Garden Snooze and Garden Snooze Time) to “Off” and “0” when I toggle a Helper to “Off”. This works as intended, and I can see the values updating on the dashboard. However, the values then revert back to their original state of “On” and the seconds remaining at that time pretty quickly. Nothing ever changes within the Eufy application for the snooze options.

Does this mean that HA cannot dictate these settings within the Eufy app or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance!