Eufy Security Integration

Yes I’ve checked all open and closed issues and I can’t see the same thing as what I’m experiencing. The only one that is slightly similar is #774 however I only get “host/port is wrong” when I put a different IP or port number.

When I put 127.0.0.1 and 3000 it looks like it’s loading or setting up but after about a minute or so it comes back with the error “unknown error occurred”.

I’ve just checked the logs for bropats add-on and this is what it’s showing:

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
2023-06-21 10:42:32.062 INFO Eufy Security server listening on host 0.0.0.0, port 3000
2023-06-21 10:43:16.670 INFO Client disconnected with ip: 127.0.0.1 port: 44312 code: 1000 reason: Normal Closure
2023-06-21 10:45:25.169 INFO Client disconnected with ip: 127.0.0.1 port: 52916 code: 1000 reason: Normal Closure

you can follow this: Failed to Setup - Missing 2 Factor Auth or Captcha Codes · Issue #795 · fuatakgun/eufy_security · GitHub

Can’t seem to figure out how to install the older version. I can see a few steps above but I’m not the most technical so apologies if it’s simple for those with the knowhow.

I’m running HASS OS in VirtualBox on a Windows machine. Any help as to how I can install v1.3.5 of the add-on would be much appreciated!

Edit: Just seen the comment by chrisf4lc0n and I’ve managed to install 1.3.5. Just restarting and I’m hoping it’ll work!

1 Like

Same issue here. If you solve it please let me know [asifhu03]

Can you tell me the steps please. I can’t find his comment here. Many thanks

So I got 1.3.5 of Bropat’s add-on installed however it still didn’t work. I’m getting an error “Schema Incompatible”, as described here - Failed to Setup - Missing 2 Factor Auth or Captcha Codes · Issue #795 · fuatakgun/eufy_security · GitHub

I think I’ll give up for now and spend time elsewhere. It’d be good to finally get my Eufy cameras connected to HA. Hopefully some day.

If you want to use earlier version of add-on, you also need to downgrade the integration

Basically you decided not to reply both us is it ? We are asking for a small help here mate.

If you want to downgrade the add-on, you can do it via your own backups or use 1.3.5 from my own repository rather than bropat.

If you want to downgrade the integration (latest version of integration requires latest version of add-on) follow here Failed to setup after update 6.3.0 · Issue #819 · fuatakgun/eufy_security · GitHub

Thanks! my earlier message was for asifhu03.

Is anyone else getting very small images or is it just me? I have tried to reinstall the addon and integration but it hasn’t made any difference.

curl: (7) Failed to connect to supervisor port 80 after 0 ms: Couldn’t connect to server
ERROR: Something went wrong contacting the API
Required parameters username and/or password not set. Starting aborted!
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: stopping
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: stopping
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully stopped

I’m seeing the error above. It was working until I restore a full backup to a new machine.
Now I have to run the old version ‘Eufy Security Add-On’ 1.3.0 to get it working again.

For anyone trying to use the 6.2 version until this gets fixed,

• Remove the Eufy security integration from Devices and services
  • Then Remove the integration in HACS
  • Restart your HA
  • Go to HACS and search for eufy integration, Hit install - Now from the version dropdown select 6.2
  • Once installed, add back the integration from Devices and services menu
    and that should work

PS: Redownload from HACS to 6.2 doesn’t make it work !

I updated here - Eufy Security Integration - #1615 by asifhu03

Couldn’t get it to work so I gave up.

Although Fuatakgun mentioned an older integration would be needed to get it to work so that may work if you want ot try it with 1.3.5 of the add-on.

Anyone here using a T8423 floodlight 360 cam, which has pan & tilt?
I’ve set mine up on a bench (not yet mounted) and got a stream working just fine using the integration.
Wondering how I can control the pan and tilt controls from my dashboard? Anyone whipped up any solutions here already?

edit: Found this PTZ Config Examples · AlexxIT/WebRTC Wiki · GitHub

Integration is acting as a proxy between add-on and home assistant and taking care of presentation layer.

I highly doubt if anything i can do, please reach out to @bropat over his repository.

OK I have found a workaround that gets the lock working again using the latest add-on and integration.
I noticed this issue and comment: [Bug]: Eufy Door Lock not Locking/ Unlocking · Issue #16 · bropat/hassio-eufy-security-ws · GitHub and confirmed that this works for me.

Quite simply, in the add-on, add the yaml:

stations:
  - serial_number: T8520Q##########
    ip_address: 192.168.1.##

I assigned a static lease on that ip to make sure it doesn’t change.
I have no idea why but the lock/unlock service doesn’t work unless you assign the station manually.

1 Like

when a camera image is updated, the camera. sensor uses the heavily cropped thumbnail from the eufy app, rather than the full resolution image. Is this behaviour configurable somewhere?

Screenshot from my dashboard with screenshot form the eufy app overlaid.

My integration in HA isnt working anymore for a long time.
I would like to start over from 0
But i dont know what to follow, too many integration, too many info, , here or bropat…

Is this to follow?

1 Like

yes, this is to follow

2 Likes