Fibaro FGRM222 Venetian Blind Tilt Position

Hi all.
I have some Fibaro Roller Shutter. All working fine with open, close, stop and cover-position but set_cover_tilt_position is not workling.
Is set_cover_position not supported for these actor or I’m doing something totaly wrong?

Thanks

Hi,
no idea?!

It uses custom classes which I believe aren’t supported. I think the Qubino module should work, but appear as two different devices (one for open/close and one for tilt)

Hi.
I tested a Qubino Module. Youre right, it appears as two different switches.
Hope that the tilt position will be supported in future

But isn’t the second switch the one supporting the tilt position??

Sure it is.
I meant: will be supported for Fibaro Shutter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it.

BTW did you try turning it into one cover that controls both position and tilt using a template cover component?

No, I have Fibaro Shutters at all blinds. I dont want to buy new shutters.
The qubino was loan by my neighbour for testing your first answere.

1 Like

Finally got the chance to try them as well.
My findings are here:

Well i tried qubino module and for me it did not worked either :frowning: only up and down, the other switch did nothing

Did you follow the process? (setting the config, excluding, including)

yes include, calibrate, set to venetian, exclude, include

1 Like

It really sucks that we don’t have anything that works - Fibaro uses proprietary protocol for Venetians, and Qubino modules are low quality.
Hope OZW and HASS manage to support Fibaro Venetians soon.

Hey all,

I’m new with home assistant and want to move from Fibaro Home Center to home assistant.
I have about 10 roller shutter from Fibaro (FGRM222) and I cannot get the cover tilt position to work, which is at the moment a real no go for me.

Did you come to a solution in the meanwhile? If yes, could you give me some hints to get this working?

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help.

Can you controll the tilt position by HomeCenter when integrated to HA?

I have the same set-up Venetian Blinds controlled with a Fibaro Roller Shu
tter V3. Works fine to move the blinds up and down etc. But It is not clear to me how I can set them in a specific tilt position.

Anybody an idea ?

Hallo!

For me with roller shutter 2 it is working great with cover position.
I do it with scenes.
Just set your favorite position with the slider, create new scene and add the Cover device that’s it. If you set the scene the cover will go to the defined position.

I added this to my configuration.yaml:

cover:
  - platform: zwave
    name: "jalousie"
    set_position_topic: "soma/shade/rise201/set"
    state_topic: "soma/shade/rise201/state"
    retain: false

With this you can use the set cover position as a service call.

Just got that running with roller shutter V2. Not walli and not tried it with V3.

And blinds tilt position is still a myth for me :grinning:

Greez from Vienna

I don’t believe there’s a way to get it to work in venetian mode with the native integration. The various MQTT based options, which use OZW 1.6, might work.

1 Like

Hey!

Did you try that with ozw 1.6?

Greetings

I don’t have that device. I use a Qubino shutter module, which does work in Venetian blinds modes even in 1.4, but requires some manual fiddling and has some reliability issues.