Firefox Quantum (beta v57) not allowing you to login

Thank you @Robert but honestly, don’t expect too much.

By the way, I tried HA + LP on the latest Vivaldi browser (1.13.1008.3) and I didn’t hit the bug.

Yes I know but I’m still hopeful. Honestly they could even just add a blacklisting feature that would let us disable the addon for certain URL’s and that would do the trick too. Can I join your LP ticket? Should I open my own? I am also a paying LP user.

@Robert - I would open your own. Feel free to reference mine and @pck tickets.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Sorry for the late update. After giving LastPass more crap, even though they insist it’s not their issue, my ticket has been escalated to level 3 for further review (same as @pck 's). Their “workaround” was to do a manual login for the site, which as we all know doesn’t work either. I’m still pressing them for a resolution, and may have to play the enterprise card. Will keep you all posted!

1 Like

Quick feedback too. Same as @danodemano. According to LP support, problem is on HA side. But it seems they’re willing to help.
My last message to them was on the 22nd. Still waiting.

1 Like

@pck @danodemano I have login for HA open/disabled, so it’s no surprise to me that the manual login for LP doesn’t work either (I allow open access because I only allow HA from home network since I’m almost always VPN’d into home and don’t want the family to worry about logins), so its definitely the LP plugin itself. It’s also not the only site it breaks for me, so just wanted to let you know.

I think this issue affects any web page using Polymer, not just Home Assistant. @danodemano and @pck is the Polymer homepage also broken for you? I am able to load the main page (sometimes), but none of the navigation works. The console also mentions the expected _meta.byKey error. Maybe if you pass this on it will help your tickets be treated with the proper respect :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It looks like a good point! I’m having similar problem whith the link you gave @nemec.
I will tell LP support about that.
Thank you :blush:

@ganastor, you are right, login feature from HA is not the problem. By the way, I’m connecting to my HA the same way you do :ok_man:
Do you have examples of failing websites ?

Edit:
LP update done.

2 Likes

Good find! Yes, that’s broken for me as well

Did the LP update fix it for you? I don’t have an update available, so just curious if it will when I get the update.

Edit: I meant to also say that I’m glad I’m not the only one :slight_smile: I’ve got a few services open to the outside world, but even with ssl, I can’t find a good reason to make this stuff publicly accessible. I’m more than happy to spend the extra 10 seconds to VPN into home to control it remotely when I need to so I don’t have that security hole

Thanks @nemec - I was able to reproduce these issues on the Polymer website and as with @pck have updated my LastPass ticket with this information. I don’t expect any real movement until after the 1st as I don’t expect there are a lot of level 3 techs there and many of them are probably off around the holidays.

As before I’ll keep you all updated with any relevant information as it becomes available.

1 Like

Sorry, I was not clear in my edit. I meant I updated LP support ticket.
I don’t think too they will give a feedback before the 2nd or 3rd next year.

Thank you for keeping us informed, I’m looking forward to the fix on this.

1 Like

Hey all! Finally have a real update from LastPass they are actually saying that yes, this is their issue. Copy/paste from the ticket:

Your ticket was escalated to me. Apologies for the inconvenience. We were able to track this issue. The LastPass extension for Firefox 57 breaks pages that use webcomponents.js polyfill. I will forward this issue to our development team to take a look and further assist. Thank you for reporting this issue. We do not have an ETA at this time. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

I’m requesting being kept in the loop with the ticket open until it’s resolved. And as before will keep you all in the loop. Cheers!

2 Likes

Excellent :grinning: These are amazing news :ok_man:
Hopefully this won’t take too long.
Thank you @danodemano.

Edit:
Just got a feedback from LP. Pretty similar to @danodemano and no ETA.

1 Like

Just a few days ago someone in the polymer-project github posted a workaround (referenced in polymer issue #4980).

Here’s the workaround: https://gist.github.com/usergenic/9baf88a24dcbc77bc808339755a7d436

Is this something we could use - since LastPass doesn’t seem to be in any kind of hurry?

3 Likes

It looks like @balloob just committed that fix for the lastpass issue (thanks!)
I guess it will roll out in the next release, since we just had one on Tuesday.

6 Likes

Awesome! Though it’s annoying that things had to come to this. LastPass needs to get their broken plugin sorted out.

Great news. Sorry to ask but I don’t see how/where this workaround helps ? Can somebody explain a bit ?

I don’t know for sure when it will be released, but you will get the workaround automatically in an upgrade to HomeAssistant - that is, if you choose to upgrade when a new one comes out :slight_smile:

There could be two scenarios which fix the issue:

1. Lastpass gets off its butt and pushes out a new extension upgrade that fixes the issue.
  2. A new version of HomeAssistant is released (maybe 0.61.2?) with the fix and you upgrade to it and restart hass.

Hope this helps.

1 Like