First Alert OneLink CO/Smoke Detector?

Has anyone used these before? I see that their Safe Sound model has HomeKit support, and I would assume we could just pair it with HA as a HomeKit device. Not sure if we could then use the speaker with HA (for home-wide alerts like doorbell chimes or alarms), but it would be neat. I didn’t see it listed in the integrations list, or in a search in the community. So, I wanted to ask to see if anyone had used it, and possibly start a conversation about these devices, as they seem like a good alternative to the Nest Protect, that we can actually communicate with locally. (Plus, I trust First Alert more than Google to know what they’re doing when it comes to making smoke/CO detectors.)

Have 2 of these, but first generation. With HomeKit it works well. Tried to pair ir to HA, but with no success.
Unpaired it from HomeKit, reset to defaults, but HA did not find any unpaired HomeKit devices.

My old smoke detector hit end-of-life on me earlier this week. Just got the OneLink Safe & Sound, it paired effortlessly with the latest version of HomeAssistant (hassio). It is the only one I found that looked like it would work with HomeAssistant and with the wired interconnect between my other existing smoke detectors. It only exposes the battery, light, and alarm, in HomeAssistant. However, the speaker is available as a BlueTooth speaker, and I believe that just yesterday, the firmware was updated to support AirPlay, which might allow access from Home Assistant.

4 Likes

How did you go about integrating it?

I recently got one but am struggling to get the first part of this sorted out… thanks!

3 Likes

Same question. Can’t get it to work!

1 Like

Does anybody have news on these? Keen to install new smoke detectors in my house and with Nest Protect not able to integrate I am looking for an alternative. Ideally for alerts but also use the speakers for something else (e.g. ‘dinner is ready’).

I got First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi 2-in-1 Smoke & CO Alarm (Wired) few months back, I assumed since it is homekit I would be able to integrate it with HASS. Unfortunately, I couldn’t integrate it with HASS no mater what I did …

just like you waiting on a guru who can solve this

And even better if we can get it to work with the OneLink Safe & Sound unit. Would love to use these detector to also have my doorbell ring etc.

Alternatives?

I tried using the HomeKit controller and no luck either.

Can anybody figure out how to get OneLink to work with HA

Didn’t realize I hadn’t specified I was able to connect it using the HomeKit integration.

Can you detail the steps?

I’ve tried connecting via HomeAssistant’s HomeKit Controller but you have to setup the WiFi configuration in the OneLink app first.

Can you please confirm if you’re able to silence the alarm via home-assistant/hass.io, secondly and possibly less important, are you able to test the alarm via home-assistant/hass.io

Thanks in advance.

J.S.Lewis

Any news on this?

Just installed the Onelink with Alexa Model# 1039102, paired effortlessly with HA via the HomeKit Controller Integration after initial setup via the Onelink App, so far I see light switch that allows you to control the Night Light, and have 3 sensors, 1 for Battery, 1 for Gas, and 1 for Smoke, , see screenshots below, the firmware is provided by Homekit as seen in the screenshot below, but it’s not exposed as an entity nor as an attribute, I would like to track the firmware updates if possible, so if anyone knows how I can accomplish that please let me know.

So far, I do not see any way that you would be ale to silence or test the alarm via HA.

1 Like

So far I have 2 of the Safe and Sound (alexa enabled) detectors, these pair with Home Assistant with the HomeKit Controller integration super easily.
I also just bought 4 of the Smoke & CO Battery alarms, these work with HomeKit BLE, so they do not work with Home Assistant. Hopefully if one of these triggers, the two Safe and Sound interlinked units will trip so I can see the alert in HA.
I ordered 4 of the Smoke & CO Hardwire alarms as well, will see when they arrive whether they’re HomeKit Wifi or HomeKit BLE, but based on other comments here I’m guessing it is the latter.

Another thing that is missing is any sort of media_player entity.

How did you get the smoke detectors to pair to the controller?
I can see them in the Home.app on my iPhone

But when I try to add the HomeKit Controller integration Home Assistant replies:
Aborted: No unpaired devices found

If I remove the smoke detectors from Home.app then the WiFi information is lost. Ideas?

Billy if you’re using the Safe and Sound units, try connecting to it with the OneLink app then unpairing from Home.app. If you’re using the non-safe and sound units, those may use HomeKit BLE, in which case it will always say ‘no unpaired devices found’

EDIT: Verified, both the hardwired and battery powered CO/Smoke (the ones without the audio speaker) use HomeKit BLE, not HomeKit Wifi, so they will not work in Home Assistant

1 Like

Thanks for your research on this. Just to confirm your findings. Is this the hardwired OneLink Smart Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm you tested and found used HomeKit BLE? Specifically, this is Model # 1042135.

Was considering purchasing these instead of the Onelink Safe & Sound Smart Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm to save cost in a few locations where I need an alarm, but won’t do it if it’s not compatible with Home Assistant via Homebridge integration.

Mine are model 1039289

1 Like