For those that have a Tesla Car & HA integration or similar

I feel bad for you, but somewhat good for me that it may not be something I did wrong.
This is the log

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:239
integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:59:54 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:59:54 PM

[547085914176] Unexpected exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 239, in handle_call_service
    response = await hass.services.async_call(
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2738, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2779, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 975, in entity_service_call
    single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 1047, in _handle_entity_call
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/number/__init__.py", line 116, in async_set_value
    await entity.async_set_native_value(native_value)
  File "/config/custom_components/tesla_custom/number.py", line 91, in async_set_native_value
    await self._car.set_charging_amps(value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/teslajsonpy/car.py", line 897, in set_charging_amps
    data = await self._send_command(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/teslajsonpy/car.py", line 775, in _send_command
    raise ex
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/teslajsonpy/car.py", line 760, in _send_command
    data = await self._controller.api(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/teslajsonpy/controller.py", line 1367, in api
    response = await self.__post_with_retries(
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/tenacity/_asyncio.py", line 142, in async_wrapped
    return await fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/tenacity/_asyncio.py", line 58, in __call__
    do = await self.iter(retry_state=retry_state)
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/tenacity/_asyncio.py", line 110, in iter
    result = await action(retry_state)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/tenacity/_asyncio.py", line 78, in inner
    return fn(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/tenacity/__init__.py", line 410, in exc_check
    raise retry_exc.reraise()
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/tenacity/__init__.py", line 183, in reraise
    raise self.last_attempt.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 449, in result
    return self.__get_result()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 401, in __get_result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/tenacity/_asyncio.py", line 61, in __call__
    result = await fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/teslajsonpy/controller.py", line 1390, in __post_with_retries
    return await self.__connection.post(command, method=method, data=data, url=url)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/teslajsonpy/connection.py", line 166, in post
    return await self.__open(url, method=method, headers=self.head, data=data)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/teslajsonpy/connection.py", line 218, in __open
    raise TeslaException(resp.status_code)
teslajsonpy.exceptions.TeslaException

Something to do with authentication, inserting an e key via Tessie. It hasn’t worked for me yet.

Has anyone been able to adjust the heater setting for recycle/fresh? We have a road tunnel where you get a lot of diesel fumes if you leave it on “fresh”. Love to be able to use GPS to automatically switch to recycle just before we enter the tunnel, but that setting doesn’t seem to be exposed in the API.

I created an automation to automatically stop charging and unlock the charger port when the car is fully charged, is at home and the front door of the house is opened.

I don’t have a Tesla charger so it lacks the button on top to disconnect the charger by pressing it. Meaning that you have to use the tesla display or app to disconnect the charger. Also, there is no native option to unlock the charger cable when it is fully charged. So now, as long as the location is “home” and the battery raw SoC is 100, the charger disconnects when the front door is opened.

This is mostly a WAF initiated automation to accept the car as part of the family :slight_smile:

Hi @Kvessen how are you connecting HA to your Tesla? The reason I am asking is because my Tesla Integration doesn’t allow me to send commands to the car or to Tesla. It only reads car’s stuff. I can see many Car’s sensors but I can’t send commands back to the car.

1 Like

yes that is my case as well. For the past few months I can on only READ data from the car.

1 Like

There is a new authentication method for the Tesla API.

& @EndUser I assume you are using the Tessie integration. If so you need to add an authentication virtual key to Tessie.com

I did not know that Tessie integration but I am not inclined to pay $ 150/yr

Tessie is the home assistant integration for Tesla cars. What are you using?

If you are using this GitHub - alandtse/tesla: Tesla custom integration for Home Assistant. This requires a refresh token be generated by third-party apps to login. there are instructions for using the fleet API right there.

Hi there,

I use this integration. Works great and I can push these kind of commands to the car perfectly fine. Releases · alandtse/tesla · GitHub