Freint Electricity Meter Interface (Develco ZHEMI101)

Can there be some interference in the position where you have your meter.

Maybe try and brig it close to the coordinator, just you check if it then connects.

As it is in some strange state now, remember to delete it first from Z2M

i’m trying to add the template for this to change the pulse rate (or rather recalc) this is what ive got:

template:
  -sensor:
     -name: "Electricity Live Usage"
      unit_of_measurement: W
      state_class: measurement
      device_class: power
      state: "{{ (states('sensor.frient_energy_monitor_power_meter')|float * 1000 / 800) | round(2) }}"

-name: "Electricity Usage Total"
      unit_of_measurement: kWh
      state_class: measurement
      device_class: energy
      state: "{{ (states('sensor.frient_energy_monitor_energy_meter')|float * 1000 / 800) | round(2) }}"

And im getting this error on the YAML check

Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: while parsing a block mapping
in "/config/configuration.yaml", line 138, column 5
expected <block end>, but found '<block mapping start>'
in "/config/configuration.yaml", line 139, column 6

Just hold the sync button on the inside of the unit, open it up. I had the same issue. Pressed sync button again and zigbee2mqtt recognised it properly

I installed one of these last week.

Took multiple attempts to get it to recognise and complete interview in MQTT. I was to the point of returning it to Amazon as faulty.

Last attempt, I left it for a while in the state you show in screen grab and after a while it changed to:

The installation manual with the Frient does say that joining a zigbee network can take up to 15 minutes, perhaps that’s for the device to fully register, not the initial joining.

1 Like

Ben having the feint energy monitor for some months now with the energy dashboard in home assistant.

Using it with deconz.

Total increasing has been working great and a template to get power usage. Power usage still works but noticed yesterday that total increasing is stuck. I have restarted deconz container, restarted home assistant and changed batteries on feint. However, total increasing is stuck. Graphs for daily usage in energy dashboards shows nothing. I dont really get what is the problem.

Any ideas?

Look here : Frient energy meter total comsumption switching from kWh to MWh - #5 by engerberg

1 Like

HI, how do you get the KwH into HA without it showing up in Phoscon? I see the device in dezonz, that’s it:-(
Never mind:-) Missed reloading the integration, works now!

Hi I bought this power meter but the reading is much lower than the actual consumption, could it be defective or configuration mistake?

Have you set correctly the pulse configuration?

As I can remember the default is 1000, which means 1000 pulses from the meter means 1kWh. You need to confirm what is written on your meter and set value to measure correctly.

yes I have correctly set the value of 1000 pulsations as indicated on my counter, but the value it returns to me is too low compared to my consumption, even when I turn on a stove the value drops

Please excuse me, I don’t understand you, what exactly you mean by this.

Drops from Wh to kWh???

Can you show how you fitted the sensor to the meter?

if I turn on a 2000 watt stove, the instantaneous value of the power does not increase

Thanks for the picture, exactly as I expected. The shape of the sensor suggest that you need to put it on the round interface, but actually that is an IR interface, an S0 probably. You can build a ESPHome device which would communicate with the meter through that, reading OBIS codes.

Do you see the description Ra and Rr for the pulse measures? Each has the 1000 as pulse per kWh.

One is what you use from the grid the other is the one what you send to the grid, if you have a photovoltaic installation.

So next to the LCD display there are two markings for Ra and Rr those are the impulse LEDs where you need to position your sensor.

Look at which one is flashing fast, when you turn that stove on and that is the one where you need to put the sensor.

I only had the meter for 12h until my was stuck as well. It happened after a hard power cycle of HA (I broke the power to my IT setup for installing a power metering plug😂).
The only way I managed to get it working again was by first removing the device in deConz, then removing the entity in HA and then readd the device in deConz again. Now it at least has been working since then (2 days).

I connected the probe on the RA led but the result is different from the real consumption of the meter

Could you explain this, because I do not really understand what do you mean? Which entity is different from what real consumption?

power always remains with a low value even if I turn on several appliances at the same time

Does the RA LED flashes rapidly when you turn on those appliances?

Are you using Deconz, ZHA or Z2M? If you look further up, there are reports of Deconz reporting I MWh, maybe they also changed from W to KW

Yes, when I turn on the appliances, the RA LED flashes quickly, now I am using the microwave oven and the instantaneous value is 4W, could it be the faulty appliance?