Frigate Mobile App Notifications 2.0

Understood. You need to publish an MQTT message in the frigate/events topic that looks like this.

Change the camera name to room_01 in both before and after sections, and change the type at the top to “new”

Where I find frigate/events in home assistant?
In automation?

{
  "type": "new", // new, update, end
  "before": {
    "id": "1607123955.475377-mxklsc",
    "camera": "room_01",
    "frame_time": 1607123961.837752,
    "snapshot_time": 1607123961.837752,
    "label": "person",
    "sub_label": null,
    "top_score": 0.958984375,
    "false_positive": false,
    "start_time": 1607123955.475377,
    "end_time": null,
    "score": 0.7890625,
    "box": [424, 500, 536, 712],
    "area": 23744,
    "ratio": 2.113207,
    "region": [264, 450, 667, 853],
    "current_zones": ["driveway"],
    "entered_zones": ["yard", "driveway"],
    "thumbnail": null,
    "has_snapshot": false,
    "has_clip": false,
    "stationary": false, // whether or not the object is considered stationary
    "motionless_count": 0, // number of frames the object has been motionless
    "position_changes": 2 // number of times the object has moved from a stationary position
  },
  "after": {
    "id": "1607123955.475377-mxklsc",
    "camera": "room_01",
    "frame_time": 1607123962.082975,
    "snapshot_time": 1607123961.837752,
    "label": "person",
    "sub_label": null,
    "top_score": 0.958984375,
    "false_positive": false,
    "start_time": 1607123955.475377,
    "end_time": null,
    "score": 0.87890625,
    "box": [432, 496, 544, 854],
    "area": 40096,
    "ratio": 1.251397,
    "region": [218, 440, 693, 915],
    "current_zones": ["yard", "driveway"],
    "entered_zones": ["yard", "driveway"],
    "thumbnail": null,
    "has_snapshot": false,
    "has_clip": false,
    "stationary": false, // whether or not the object is considered stationary
    "motionless_count": 0, // number of frames the object has been motionless
    "position_changes": 2 // number of times the object has changed position
  }
}

Like this ?

You need a program that can publish mqtt messages. Mqtt explorer is an add-on you might be able to use.

Im happy with it on the third button so doesnt bother me, but I guess if its easy enough it might help others or people that only want 2 buttons. A thought that someone else mentioned maybe even a blank or none option so it sets it to “” instead of editing yaml?

I had this built and was about to publish it on GitHub a few days ago but decided to test it.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work as it doesn’t save to the yaml properly (meaning the default value it used)

But now as I’ve just written this I realise I can make the defaults blank. And everyone would then need to select their preferred options for all buttons again.

Edit. Looks like someone is able to fix my bug report about being unable to save inputs as empty. so soon you will actually be able to save the blank input field using the UI editor Fix blueprint script editor defaults handling by karwosts · Pull Request #16196 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

Hey,

thanks for your hard work!

In the blueprint from AngellusMortis, its possible to get an * Include a playback video leading up the doorbell ring. Note May significantly delay the receiving of the notification. Is this also possible to bring this in your blueprint with an Android device?

thanks

I’ve had a quick look and am curious if the existing ability to view the clip is insufficient?
I can certainly add the clip to the notification with an optional video toggle easy enough. Long clips could exceed the 50MB limit though depending on the quality of the camera.

brilliant blueprint - thanks!

1 Like

This has been driving me nuts, ever since ive upgrade to 0.12 from 0.11 all the notificatoins fromt he blueprints no longer work.

I have Frigate 4.0.0 integration in HassOS setup pointing to a remote server.
I also have setup an mqtt bridge to pull back the events into HassOS (this is done in the mosquitto.conf)
I cant for the life of me get any type of automation to trigger.

Using the Frigate Proxy and Double take proxy work fine, but this is at the addon proxying level.

any ideas? I cant see any rogue entities or integrations that are disabled that might be conflicting.

Can you share your automation yaml?

Yep I’ll post it up tonight.

Just restored a snapshot from docker to restore everything to 0.11 and the automations work. I’ll slowly upgrade to this latest blueprint off git and 0.12 + 4.0.0 integration. To see when and where it breaks.

There were no breaking changes as a result of frigate 0.12 so it’s more likely mismatched entity ids and camera names. or mqtt not setup.

thanks yeah that is what I suspected, but i couldnt find any mismatches in entity ids. Might be a break in MQTT somewhere. As I’m using a bridge to pull back from a frigate instance running in docker on another server outside of Home Assistant.

But you were using it before right?

I also run frigate separately to HA. Frigate is on my unraid server and i have the official mqtt addon running in HA.

Yeah the MQTT bridge was there before and worked fine. This part has remained unchanged in the upgrade. I have the exact same setup lol.

Docker running in unraid for Frigate.

Hass Addon Frigate Proxy → Frigate 0.12 on unraid
Hass MQTT Bridge → MQTT on unraid

Upgrade Frigate Integration (HACS) custom component to 4.0.0
Pull the latest Blueprint from your git repo

Automations seem to stop once I switch to 0.12, I’ll need to dig deeper maybe in the frigate/events.
Having multiple blueprint versions on different automations shouldnt cause an issue hopefully.

I’ve made sure they all reference the same camera.xyz entities.

No i have about 5 versions going. never an issue.

Out of curiosity what repo are you using for frigate on Unraid. Realised i’m still on beta 10 ghcr.io/blakeblackshear/frigate:0.12.0-beta10

you can install the mqtt explorer addon in HA and visually check that frigate/events is getting traffic

The automation YAML between the 0.11 and 0.12 (Stable blueprints) are exactly the same logically:

alias: Frigate - 0.12 - Frontdoor
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: SgtBatten/Stable.yaml
  input:
    tv_transparency: 0%
    camera: camera.frontdoor
    notify_device: 3ddb2479b745279e95ac92b67c4c4227
    update_thumbnail: true
    base_url: https://xxx/
    tv_size: large
    tv_position: center
    tv: true
    color: grey

Working automation blueprint yaml for 0.11 and 3.0.0

alias: Frigate - 0.11 - Frontdoor
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: SgtBatten/frigate_0.11_notification.yaml
  input:
    tv_transparency: 0%
    camera: camera.frontdoor
    notify_device: 3ddb2479b745279e95ac92b67c4c4227
    tv_size: max
    tv_position: top-right
    tv: true
    base_url: https://xxx/
    tv_interrupt: false
    color: grey
    tv_duration: "12"

I’m pulling the docker image on unraid from: ghcr.io/blakeblackshear/frigate:stable

Are there any issues on that beta repo? Otherwise I might try it.
Also are you using the beta blueprint or stable? What is the difference in compat?

You shouldn’t have to even change your automations, they just work with both versions as the only things it really needs from frigate are the entity id from the integration and the mqtt messages to get all the event info.

The difference between the stable and beta is often minimal, just me testing a few new options or adding things people have requested. I do the regular changes to beta, then when happy merge them into stable.

I’ll change my frigate container to stable and confirm.

Can I ask which version of MQTT are you on in Home Assistant? I know that 6.2.0 broke events when bridging

the addon says 6.2.0 on mine.