Frigate Mobile App Notifications

Looks and sounds fine so far.

Do you see any errors in home assistant log?

If you do see a related error. Somewhere around line 160 of the blueprint are two variables fps and fps value. Delete them both and replace them with this single line

fps: "{{ states('sensor.' + camera + '_camera_fps')|int(5) }}"

I did have template related errors related to undefined values (is there not a validator of some sort to prevent those errors in templates, almost every sensor in the world sometimes returns undefined /rant ). Your solution solved those errors, but I still am not getting a triggered automation, periodically. Funny enough, while I was posting this, it worked. I’m at a loss to say why it does or doesn’t.

If it worked even once it means at least things are talking to each other.

Likely reasons now are going to be frigate config restricting motion or events

Seems to be working more reliably now. I have no explanation. Motion events are spot on, entities change and events are recorded in Frigate. I did upgrade to the hotfix today, maybe that was it.

Finally got this working after the update. I’d love to see conditions added to the BP. For example I have camera I only want notifications from when an input select has a particular value, or at a particular time of day, etc.

Did you ever figure this out?

I would love the full image instead of the cropped one. Been trying to fix it for a while now.

Thanks for the info - any suggestion on how to fix it? I don’t see a previously installed version of Frigate anywhere in HassOS. I run Frigate in a separate docker on my Unraid machine, and Home Assistant in a VM, I have the HACS Frigate integration, but I don’t see an old / disabled item anywhere.

Clicking on “Show Disabled Integrations” on the integrations page doesn’t show anything…

Thanks!

@SgtBatten Update:

I’m still getting spammed even with this change, getting so annoying every time a light shines it sends a new notification for the same ongoing event.

Maybe someone could try and implement this into the blueprint, REALLY need an option that only sends ONE notification at the beginning of the event! [Support]: Home assistant notification spam · Issue #3596 · blakeblackshear/frigate · GitHub

Can’t implement that specifically as it negates the update function.

You could add it to yours or I could probably add a configurable option without much effort to my blueprint. I’ll maybe have some time later this week

1 Like

Let me know if you figure something out!

Just annoying still sometimes getting spammed during ongoing events, when I’d rather there just be one notification at the begging and that’s it.

Is the issue the sounds or you don’t want it to vibrate at all either? Or is the issue only apparent/annoying when using the phone at the same time?

The issue is getting spammed with notifications. I’d be fine if the notification silently updated tbh, but as of right now it just sends a million notifications if someone is in front of the camera/during event rather then just one.

My mom is on the driveway right now as we speak and this is what it looks like on all our phones pretty much: very annoying.

That video hopefully will help once google processes it, can’t watch it yet and it sometimes takes a while.

I’ve made an option in my template for forcing silent updates. Not tested it yet but we might as well both test while working on this.

Make a new file named anything.yaml and save it alongside your other blueprints. When you use it for an automation you should see a few more options including silent updates. I’ve named the notification differnetly so you can see the word test for now, making it clear which one you are using.

Based on HunterJMs version with a few added options, fixes etc (github.com)

Edit: I can’t actually test right now as my unraid server is offline most of today for some upgrades, this includes frigate.

1 Like

Ok ill set this up now, I will just have it send to my devices too see what happens.

Update:

Here is the old (top) vs your new notification blueprint (bottom):

Are there no thumbnails or at least no text? If I enable “update thumbnail” are those silent too?, if yes I would fs use that option if they’re silent thumbnail updates.

There should be an initial thumbnail on my one. I may have broken something, or it’s a fluke.

thumbnail updates will indeed be silent with silent option enabled.

I should have frigate running again shortly to test

Sweet I will enable “thumbnail updates” then!

Maybe there is no thumbnail because I set this blueprint up during an in-progress event?

And lemme know when you have it up and running, we can both test.

Sorry mate having a hardware issue so haven’t got it online yet. What’s the latest you are seeing?

That video still isn’t viewable

1 Like

I’m surprised the video isn’t viewable yet, so here is a streamable link where it should work, this video is the same from before, when I was getting constantly spammed with the original blueprint. screen-20221016-175359

I actually just got a new notification from the new blueprint 5 minutes ago and it looks perfectly normal with the picture, though going to have to test if the silent notification also has the picture tomorrow though, I did restart HA so maybe that might have fixed it.

Alright i’m online finally. Initial testing shows sound is not being silenced as i had hoped. Will keep looking.

1 Like