Get rid of unused / unwanted integrations?

While it’s nice to see HA integrating more and more components with every new version, today I’ve reached the point where I don’t want to integrate everything running on my local network, just because it is auto discovered by HA. :slight_smile:

Version 0.80.3 auto discovered my internet router (FritzBox) as a UPnP/IDG device. In fact: twice. The latter is not really HA’s fault, because these routers actually advertise their UPnP services under two different names in the local network. Don’t ask me why, ask AVM.

But while this may be useful for other users, I’d rather like to remove these sensors from my HA instance, because there’s no additional value for them in my setup (I’m already monitoring this router via nagios) and this just consumes unnecessary ressources from the router as well as from the HA instance. Especially the database fills up with unused sensor data.

My question: Is there any official way to remove unused integrations from HA? And ignore them in the future?

Of course I could remove them manually from all related config files. But if I do so, I assume, they reappear as new integrations on next startup, nagging me constantly to be configured, don’t they? How to prevent this?

1 Like

If you want to turn off all auto-discovery, simply comment out the line

discovery:

in your configuration.yaml

If you only want the auto-discovery to ignore/discover certain things you can configure that as well:

discovery:
  ignore:
    - sonos
    - samsung_tv
  enable:
    - homekit

it’s all documented here:

3 Likes

Ok, after some digging I found another thread about this new integration, which at least solves my current problem by using the (currently undocumented) value igd in the discovery ignore list:

But I still wonder, if there’s a better way of ignoring auto discovered components, than searching the forum for the right keywords to be added to the discovery ignore list.

With the discovery ignore list only whole device classes can be excluded from auto discovery. Is there any way to ignore certain discovered devices?

This would be helpful in my case as well, because both advertised IGD devices from the router offer the same set of sensors showing the same values. It would be nice, if only one of these two devices could be excluded.

have you tried ignoring the entities themselves instead of the component?

eg.

- sensor,sensorname

- light.lightname

Ignore that, just read up on the discovery component and there is a list of what it can ignore

I think what they are saying is that the docs for the discovery component are incomplete.

I noticed that too when I tried to figure out how to ignore the igd component and it wasn’t listed in the docs. Unless it’s been fixed but it doesn’t look like it from this post.

This isn’t an issue anymore, as some versions ago, configured integrations can be discarded in the integration configuration (open a configured integration, click on the trashcan icon in the upper right corner).