Getting Zigbee to work :-(

I am very happy with my hass.io setup. I have managed to get Z-Wave working and have some basic automation scripts that also do what they are supposed to. Next up is getting Zigbee working and I am have trouble getting it to work so I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.

My setup:
RPi 3B, 32 GB card, hass.io
Z-Wave from Aeontec
Zigbee ETRX3USB-LRS

I have uploaded the EZSP firmware to the Zigbee stick as described here:

And I found the device through
dmesg | grep tty
which gave me
[421031.679491] usb 1-1.2: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0

I also checked hassio host hardware which gave me

{
    "result": "ok",
    "data": {
        "serial": [
            "/dev/ttyUSB0",
            "/dev/ttyACM0",
            "/dev/ttyAMA0"
        ],
        "input": [],
        "disk": [],
        "gpio": [
            "gpiochip0",
            "gpiochip100"
        ],
        "audio": {
            "0": {
                "name": "bcm2835 - bcm2835 ALSA",
                "type": "ALSA",
                "devices": {
                    "0": "digital audio playback",
                    "1": "digital audio playback"
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

ttyACM0 is my Z-Wave device.

Next I updated my configuration.yaml file, which contains the follow parts:

zigbee:
  device: /dev/ttyUSB0
  baud: 19200

zha:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0
  database_path: zigbee.db

# Z-Wave
zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0

I am now already in unknown territory. I have put 2 new headers, zigbee and zha because I found both in the forum but this might be wrong/version difference.

I tried calling the zha.permit service to add a device which did not seem to do anything, so I put in a sensor in configuration.yaml myself.

binary_sensor:
  - platform: zigbee
    name: TestZigbee
    address: 00158D0002243210
    pin: 0

It is a Xiaomi push button. The address I got from my SmartThings setup (which I am migrating away from).

So far, I don’t see any new button on the screen (I did a hass.io restart).

Obviously I missed something, but I don’t know what.
I hope this is enough to push me off in the right direction. If I need to share more details, let me know.
Thanks

If you flashed with EZSP, you will need to use the zha component, not zigbee. I don’t believe the Xiaomi push buttons are supported yet, but you can check this thread, it’s fairly comprehensive.

Xiaomi support is in the works in the underlying zigpy/bellows libraries, so it may just be a matter of time. In fact, there is a fork of bellows that has Xiaomi support working today, but I don’t believe you can run that on hass.io.

For any other supported Zigbee devices, I believe you will need to factory reset them if they were joined to your SmartThings hub. After the reset, call the zha.permit service and go through the join procedure for that device. Check your log files for any errors.