GoGogate 2 Cover

thank you VERY much @dbroadfoot

The PR was declined so I’ll need to update the Gogogate library I wrote instead.

@uiguy unfortunately the light is not exposed in their API

@Chris_Quach

I’ve updated the component so that it exposes the sensor temperature as an attribute of the device.

You should be able to use this in a template sensor

Hopefully it will get it in the next version of HomeAssistant.

1 Like

very cool @dbroadfoot very keen to try it out when its released

In my config seems to be a small issue:
The GOGOGATE component operated by me two doors is working almost trouble-free, but at every restart of Hassio the doors are exchanged. If I restart Hassio afterwards, the doors will be replaced again, and I can operate the right doors again. Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this?

My Gogogate 2 works great in HA. But I don’t see the temperature sensor data.
Is it hidden somewhere I don’t know about (ie do I need to add some sort of code into the configuration file)?
Are you planning / able to get this ability pushed into an upcoming version of HA?
Thanks!

Just a thank you to @dbroadfoot for building this!
I can now open my garage/gogogate2 with my Apple Watch using Siri :+1:

Being able to use the temperature would be a bonus (HomeCam would use this if exposed to HomeKit), haven’t figured that one out yet.

I love my gogogate - done with IFTTT!
I keep getting this in my logs. Any idea why?

File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/cover/gogogate2.py", line 112, in update
    self._status = self.mygogogate2.get_status(self.device_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pygogogate2/__init__.py", line 107, in get_status
    devices = self.get_devices()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pygogogate2/__init__.py", line 74, in get_devices
    password=self.password))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pygogogate2/__init__.py", line 53, in make_request
    timeout=self.REQUEST_TIMEOUT

I’m interested in seeing any examples you have for automations given the toggle nature of the switch to check as well.
Dave

@dbroadfoot
Thanks very much for your work on this!

I just installed their new product-https://ismartgate.com/

It appears to function identically and I can log in locally to the device with the IP/user/pass as defined in the platform config for HA. I get the following error:

Gogogate2 - Login secirty token may have expired, will attempt relogin on next attempt

Thu Nov 07 2019 09:02:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Error while setting up platform gogogate2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 150, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/gogogate2/cover.py”, line 45, in setup_platform
devices = mygogogate2.get_devices()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pygogogate2/init.py”, line 80, in get_devices
self.apicode = devices.find(‘apicode’).text
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘find’

Others also appear to be having the same issue:

I opened an issue: Gogogate2 Cover platform does not work with new hardware iSmartgate · Issue #28598 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Following this thread I also created a new user/pass (6/14 char) just to see if that made a difference.

Any ideas? Thanks again for your work on this. I am happy to help with any troubleshooting and testing!

1 Like

I had a “lightbulb” moment this morning. The iSmartgate device natively supports Homekit. If you have the Homekit Controller (not to be confused with the Homekit Platform) enabled in HA it just finds HK devices–https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/homekit_controller/. I checked my Integrations panel, and there it was. I clicked on configure and entered the HK device PIN and it showed up in HA! Now it is available in both Siri (through the HK platform) and Alexa. Even if you don’t use the HK platform, this will add the device in HA so you can control it. Just passing this along in case it is helpful to others.

1 Like

Hello fellow gogogaters.

I am trying to get dual gogogate2s working in my setup. Unit A is attached to 3 garage doors. Unit B is attached to a gate. When I put them in my configuration.yaml it only seems to find the second entry.

I am new to HA, so I think it is just overwriting the dictionary with the last seen version. I am not sure how to fix it.

Any suggestions on the following config:

# Gogo Gate 1
cover:
  - platform: gogogate2
    name: Gate
    username: admin
    password: XXXXXXXX
    ip_address: 192.168.XXX.XXX

# Gogo Gate 2
    name: Garage Door

Answered my own question…forgot to restart HAAS vs just reload.

After restart it picked up dual gogogate2 units and enumerated all 4 controllable items correctly.

Here is the final config:

cover:
# Gogo Gate 1
    password: XXXXXXXXXX

# Gogo Gate 2

Help

Very new to HA so please be kind if Ive been dumb ! any help greatly appreciated…

Just installed the cover - configuration looks fine - IP address is correct in actual file

cover:
    username: [email protected]
    password: xxxxxxxx
    ip_address: 192.168.n.nn

Looking at the logs getting these messages

2020-05-05 10:11:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Error while setting up gogogate2 platform for cover
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 178, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/gogogate2/cover.py”, line 45, in setup_platform
devices = mygogogate2.get_devices()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pygogogate2/init.py”, line 80, in get_devices
self.apicode = devices.find(‘apicode’).text
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’

HI and welcome…

With YAML, alot of the issues are down (especially for newcomers) to spacing, hence it is very important to structure your question correctly.

Could you edit your post, highlighting your config and then pressing the </> button in the forum post editor tool bar so that we can help you a little better?

Thanks!

Have you enabled the remote access from the gogogate app?

Hi

Yes I have

Simon

GogoGate2 remote access is not required for the integration within the same LAN.

I disabled it about 4 weeks ago as an experiment - the GogoGate unit needed a reboot to behave properly afterwards however the integration functions fine without it.

We use Nabu Casa to expose the garage door (with 2FA) to Google Assistant so no longer use the GogoGate app or remote access. I’ve not renewed the video plugin either.

Thanks for this advice. The GoGoGate integration is indeed broken with the new iSmartGate and is an issue posted about here… Gogo gate component? and also https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/28598#issuecomment-616938186
What I was hoping you could answer for me is how do you have the garage door in HA HomeKit add-on AND add it to your “Home” with Siri?
AFAIK you can only have it in one or the other but not both. Would be nice to be able to say to Siri or Alexa.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance :pray:

if it is any conselation, I actually got rid of my gogogate as it was really flakey. I replaced it with one of these which has been flawless for the past 3 years… https://opengarage.io/ Ray also makes opensprinkler which also has been really robost and stable…

Was it the original GogoGate?

The v1 problem had a problem communicating correctly with the wireless door sensor that led to dropped packets and incorrect open / close conditions.

I was an early adopter of the product and it took me several months working with their development team to prove the issue in the real world, eventually doing so with a live screen share and root access to the unit.

That’s why they offered a wired sensor option for the GogoGate 2 which I received on its production release as a free replacement.

I’ve had no issues at all with the 2nd model.

I run two opengarage.io units purely as car presence sensors in the garage as well, and apart from a poor fitting case on one unit scrambling the distance readings (easily fixed with a file) they’ve worked well. IMHO they aren’t ideal as a consumer facing unit for a roller door if you want a separate door sensor attached though without some modification - I spent some time trying to figure out putting a door sensor on one before the GogoGate cover integration was released but wiring isn’t my thing.