Google Assistant is not working anymore (Could not reach <app name>[test] please try again.)

My google is intermittent today. I’ve tried steps others have mentioned and sometimes it connects and other it fails. I’m guessing this is a google issue.

Started having issues 24 hours ago and it got progressively worse.
Devices intermittently offline via google assistant and Nest Home Displays.
devices become avail for a few minutes and then become inaccessible for long periods of time.

re-created manual installations multiple times with same results.

Very frustrating

Me too.
Very unstable.

Same here. Worked fine yesterday, dead today. Reconnected test app, deleted and created new test app, same result. Can’t add test app at all, just says it couldn’t connect (even though it logs in to the user auth screen successfully).

Checked that I have ipv6 disabled on my router, hasn’t changed there. DuckDNS did have an ipv6 listing in addition to the ipv4, so I cleared the ipv6.

Dead in the water for now.

2022-10-02 07:20:49.877 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant.http] Request for https://homegraph.googleapis.com/v1/devices:requestSync failed: 400
2022-10-02 07:20:49.879 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error executing service: <ServiceCall button.press (c:01GEBJ79S7A8XHZ6TGBAP3E4YC): entity_id=['button.synchronize_devices']>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1756, in catch_exceptions
    await coro_or_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1775, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service
    await service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 676, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 931, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 713, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/button/__init__.py", line 114, in _async_press_action
    await self.async_press()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/google_assistant/button.py", line 51, in async_press
    raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Unable to sync devices with result code: 400, check log for more info.

Same happening here. I’ve got all the latest updates and suddenly the Google Assistant integration stopped working.
I removed the home assistant link from the Google Home application just to find out what I cannot relink it.

Hoping for a quick fix anytime soon, as this integration is one of the most important features in my smart home.

1 Like

So…I’m 90% sure the current problem is cause by something duckdns has/is doing. Lots if not all duckdns.org address have been flag as phishing sites. Might be Google’s or another DNS providers fault. What I can confirm 100% is that when I switched off duckdns to the ddns provided by my (Asus)router (along with switching all the domain names on Google and HA pi) everything started working again.

2 Likes

agreed, duckdns here too, not working anymore.

Same Here, DuckDNS, and Google Down

Thank god I’m not crazy. I’m having the same issue. DuckDNS and manual configuration. Everything stopped working yesterday. Tried relinking through Google app, then tried to fully unlink and re-add it, but it just says it can’t reach the integration.

Issue is also affecting Alexa, i have tried with a non duck dns URL and works fine.

RPi 3b+
Home Assistant 2022.9.7
Operating System 9.0
Duck DNS 1.15.0 add-on

Add me to the list of people also having problems with google assistant w/ Duck DNS. Stopped working yesterday for a majority of the day. A few minutes it will be up, then go down again. Google home lists several devices offline. Not sure if it helps, but seeing these errors in the Cloud Actions Console (not full log)

failed with code: GAL_BAD_3P_RESPONSE
failed with code: BACKEND_FAILURE_URL_TIMEOUT
Agent responded empty JSON.
1 Like

Same here. DuckDNS and manual configuration.Google Assistant not working

Agree. Starting 24-36h ago, Google Assistant can no longer access Home Assistant. DuckDNS and manual GA-HA configuration. Log file in Cloud Console:

insertId: "***"
logName: "projects/home-assistant-***/logs/actions.googleapis.com%2Factions"
receiveTimestamp: "2022-10-02T20:52***"
resource: {
labels: {
action_id: "SMART_HOME_EXECUTE"
project_id: "home-assistant-ga-***"
version_id: ""
}
type: "assistant_action"
}
severity: "ERROR"
textPayload: "requestId ***: Agent responded empty JSON."

Agent responded empty JSON

I’ve concluded that it is a DuckDNS issue. I Decided to replace it with alternative and
everything is now working perfectly!

I had two viable options to replace the duckdns plug-in:

a) Use my own domain that is parked on godaddy with Home Assistant GoDaddy DNS plug-in or
b) cloudfare plug-in / freenom described in the video below:

I used option A by using my own domain / HA Godaddy plug-in. (New Home Assistant Add-on: GoDaddy DNS)
Once the add-on was ocnfigured, I also had to replace all references of duckdns with my own domain on the google platform for google assistant project.

If option A was not going to work, i would use option B by following the step-by-step directions in the video.

DuckDNS was fine for a while now, but the above options are more reliable going forward.

hope this helps.

4 Likes

GoDaddy is not free…

This worked for me! Thank you very much.

Just to let you know, i had some trouble saving the DNS Nameservers on freenode. I had to input a fake US address on my profile. It wasn´t working with my real German address. (Error with Login credentials when saving the cloudflare DNS)

1 Like

Same issue here!

Some one let us know in the thread when this gets fixed… I would not like to apply other kind of solution as this config has been working for long time.

hello,

i just setup freenom with cloudflare plugin (video above) and it work like a charm!

for those use Nginx addon, you need to use 443 or 2053 or 2083/2087/2096/8443 (be careful the last one is used by UNIFY AddOn) when proxied through Cloudflare, so :

1-in HA change under settings/network : https://YourFreenom:2053
and in configuration.yaml :

http:
  use_x_forwarded_for: true
  trusted_proxies:
    #Nginx Proxy
    - 172.30.33.0/24 
    #Cloudflare proxies
    - 173.245.48.0/20
    - 103.21.244.0/22
    - 103.22.200.0/22
    - 103.31.4.0/22
    - 141.101.64.0/18
    - 108.162.192.0/18
    - 190.93.240.0/20
    - 188.114.96.0/20
    - 197.234.240.0/22
    - 198.41.128.0/17
    - 162.158.0.0/15
    - 104.16.0.0/13
    - 104.24.0.0/14
    - 172.64.0.0/13
    - 131.0.72.0/22

then restart HA.
2-in Nginx check “unactivated ports” down to the addOn Config and for HTTPS put 2053 or another port listed above.
3-in your router under Settings /NAT / redirect external port 2053 to internal 2053 for HA IP over TCP
4-in Google Action Console change all duckdns.org with your fresh freenom domain (in Overview → QuickSettup → SetupAccountLinking and in BuildYourAction → AddAction) and be sure Homegraph API is still activated in Google Cloud → API and Services.

5-Thats all! relink your app (dont forget to remove the shortcut of HA in Home Page of your Android or IOs device) and it works like a charm.

2 Likes

I have left duckdns and took the cloudflare-route, I created a new project but can still not add it.

In the logs on google cloud console, this appears everytime I try to add it:

{
  "textPayload": "SYNC: Request ID 1197529754000066502 update devices failed: CANCELLED",
  "insertId": "tesyxef9jj5sq",
  "resource": {
    "type": "assistant_action",
    "labels": {
      "version_id": "",
      "action_id": "SMART_HOME_SYNC",
      "project_id": "homesystem-229w3"
    }
  },
  "timestamp": "2022-10-03T16:23:54.139630140Z",
  "severity": "ERROR",
  "logName": "projects/homesystem-229w3/logs/actions.googleapis.com%2Factions",