Google Assistant is not working - Google Home is

Hey Hey,
i just run into a problem which i cant seem to fix.
Following has happened:
Yesterday evening i tried to setup TTS in HA which was then working. But after that, i noticed google Assistant isnt working anymore / It was working just fine for the last 1,5 years. So if i try to switch my light on - the google assistant tells me “Sorry the device is currently not available”. So i decided to setup the google cloud project from Scratch and unlinked the old Google Cloud Project from my Assistant/Home App and set it up completly fresh. In my Home App everything is poping up and i can controll it manually from the Android Phones App. But when i try to do it with Google Assistant on my phone or my 2 Google Nest Minis - i get the “Sorry the device is currently not available”.
When i tell the assistant to resync the devices it syncs the devices flawless and doesnt spit out a error.

How can i debug the process? The Home Assistant Log under → system → Log is empty

Greetings and thanks for any answer given! Me
Edit: I’m using self hosted version of HA as VM without the cloud option it offers

Are you using nabucasa also? I had an issue that if nabucasa was enabled together with manual google assistant, only the cloud version was working, and not the manual anymore

Hey!
I edited the OP.
Sorry that I forget to mention that i am Using the complete self hosted version of HA without the cloud option it offers

Did you relink the [test] service in the google home app?

Yes I did. Like mentioned in the title the Google home app is working fine - i can turn off and on all devices in the Google home app and the devices are displayed fine - the only thing that is not working, is controlling the devices with the Google Assistant.

Thanks for your answer!

I discovered something strange:
Every device is controllable via an iPhone and the Google Assistant iOS App.
On my 2 x Nest devices and my Android Phone im getting “Sorry device XYZ isnt available right now.” as a response from the assistant.
Like mentioned - the Android Home App is working fine.
Im at the end with my knowledge…

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Same thing. I can control everything from the google home app but 2 google minis and google assistant fail. I thought it had something to do with me trying to configure local fulfillment earlier in the day. Something else I noticed, the google home app doesn’t update state changes. If I turn a light off, it actually goes off but the state in the google home app is still on. If I turn it off again through google home it actually corrects the state. Whatever happened, happened sometime on feb 5 th.

God bless im not alone.
Yeah, on my end it changed at around the 4th of february.
I have some older backups of my HomeAssistant, every 3rd day i backup to backblaze, just out of intrest i reverted back to an one old copy of the assistant and its NOT working!
The time of the backup made - i guarantee that it was working! But i cant seem to find any informations on how to debug the stacktrace of the google assistant… i still dont know how to fix it…

I’m in the exact same boat, but don’t have an old enough backup to restore from.

It is not working anyway so you dont need to try restoring an older Version. :slight_smile:

Strange , all working here?

Have you tried removing the link on Google account page?

Show your yaml config too?

All works here

Yes i did unlink and relink the Project in the home assistant app - i even created a whole new Project and started from Scratch. What do you mean with Google Account Page? Where can i find this?

this is my configuration.yaml

default_config:
frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

homeassistant:
  external_url: "https://assistant.xxxxxxx.de"
  internal_url: "http://homeassistant.local:8123"
http:
  use_x_forwarded_for: true
  trusted_proxies:
    - 10.10.1.0/24
    - 10.10.0.0/24
# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate
    language: "de"
    base_url: http://10.10.0.83:8123

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml
shell_command: !include shell_commands.yaml

google_assistant: !include google_assistant_config.yaml

notify:
  - platform: nfandroidtv
    name: Shield
    host: 10.10.0.19

camera:
  - platform: mjpeg
    mjpeg_url: http://10.10.0.8/webcam/?action=stream/
    name: Ender2

nicehash:
  organization_id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  api_key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  api_secret: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  currency: EUR # (default = USD)
  balances: true # (default = false) - Enable balance sensors
  rigs: true # (default = false) - Enable rig sensors
  devices: true # (default = false) - Enable device sensors
  payouts: true # (default = false) - Enable payout sensors

#light groups

light:
  - platform: group
    name: Wohnzimmer Licht
    entities:
      - light.wohnzimmer_brine1
      - light.wohnzimmer_birne2
      - light.wohnzimmer_birne3
  - platform: switch
    name: Lichterkette
    entity_id: switch.tz3000_kdi2o9m6_ts011f_on_off

#emulated huebrige
emulated_hue:
  listen_port: 80
  expose_by_default: true
  exposed_domains:
    - light
    - switch
  entities:
    switch.kohleanzunder_on_off:
      name: Kohleanzünder
    light.wohnzimmer_licht:
      name: Wohnzimmer Licht    
    switch.wohnzimmer_lampe_on_off:
      name: Stehlampe

this is my google assistant config yaml

project_id: xxxxxx
service_account: !include xxxx-xxxx.json
expose_by_default: true

Greetings and thanks!

this is mine, all working here:

project_id: !secret google_proj
  service_account: !include xxx.json
  expose_by_default: false
  report_state: true
  entity_config:

try to remove the app HA from here:

https://myaccount.google.com/accountlinking?hl=nl

then do a “sync my devices” command
then link again the app

just a suggestion

Thanks for your input, but there is no HomeAssistant linked in the given link. only spotify and netflix.

Thanks anyway - greetings.

Strange, i see there my HA linked, all services that are linked
Maybe thats the issue, that you dont see it linked?

I think the odd thing here, at least from what I can tell, is from those that it is broken for, there were literally no changes. I have had google assistant configured and working for 3-4 years and then bam, the voice assistant stuff stopped working. The home app still works perfectly fine. Sync’ing works perfect. Everything but voice assistants. Even if I try to use voice in the google home app….broken, but clicking on devices in the home app works just fine except for the state updating. I can even go into the google logs and see states updating. I have checked everything locally, opnsense, nginx (swag) container, APs, nothing indicates any issues. Google logs don’t even show an attempt when I attempt a voice command. And the test portion of the google actions fails.

Just wondering, if you browse to this page:

http://IP:8123/api/google_assistant

do you get a 404 or 405 ?

1. And post must be 10 characters so…….

Ok, then you have not same issue as me

There were changes for local fulfillment, also for NC, maybe some thing went wrong there… And devices areenr able to discover/make connection