Google Assistant trouble shooting

Thanks for this workaround guys, but after I run the first command and it gives me the link I sign in but it gives me errors but I still get a cred file.
ERROR: Couldn’t fetch versions
ERROR: The caller does not have permission
2019/02/23 08:59:38 Server did not return HTTP 200

since I made that basic mistake, and searched a bit around and did not find too much, can you recommend any special source so I can up my “intending” knowledge, cause when I watched many tutorials on how to set this up, that detail was mentioned no where. Maybe I just lack the base skills on the coding here…

I used the standard editor here just saved as ANSI cause I wanted quick results. When I do my php stuff I usually use Notepad++. Is there any editor for the HA stuff that maybe does auto check for this basic stuff? Cause the configurator did not give me any errors at that point

What about Visual Studio Code?

Basic info about writing PHP in vs code can be found here: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/languages/php

Any chance your issue is similar to the one I posted here earlier?

If you get similar errors to the ones I posted with

logger:
    default: warn # or any level you want here... I think warn is the default
    logs:
        homeassistant.components.google_assistant: debug
        homeassistant.components.http.view: debug

in your config, and when looking at google’s cloud console’s log viewer then it might be a 0.88 thing I’m getting, rather than me botching something in my config.

1 Like

is some able to link the app again with 88.1 ? everytime i now want to link the test app, i always have the error at the end : check your connection …
never had this before, i dont know whats wrong
event created a new project, same error

here is an really interesting thread, for people that exposed a lot of entities…
today i wanted to turn on a light, google home just didnt do it, always an error, worked before always
ok, sync my devices didnt help… other lights were still working …
so i unlinked, but i was not able to link again, and i have done this a dozen of times already
seems i think there is now a limit on entities you can expose? something changed in 88 or in google

look here : Google Assistant: "Could not update settings" / "/api/error_log served" if more than a certain number of my devices are set to be sent

seems limit of entities is about 20 , so if you have more then 20 devices exposed , you have an issue!!!

I just tried to use my Google Home to control some devices and it said Home Assistant was not available. Now when I try to test my device I seem to get the “GoogleFulfillment ‘actions.fulfillment.devices’ is not supported”. I have tried to download the gactions but when I do that I get the

ERROR: Couldn’t fetch versions
ERROR: The caller does not have permission
2019/02/23 08:59:38 Server did not return HTTP 200

Is there something else that can be done to get this working again?

Yep, just tried this … something definitely changed. I had about 40 devices exposed to Google Assistant via HA, now I can only get 18 after unlink/link

I have 27 exposed and just asked Google to Sync my devices and it was successful. I am not seeing any difficulties with this component at all. Incidentally, 24/2 at 11:52 AM is when it’s supposed to be 30 days so we shall see… I assume this is US westcoast time… It is actually local time.

Slightly different scenario … I had all my devices exposed and syncing fine. Out of curiosity, I tried unlinking/re-linking in the GH app, and observed the same error as in this thread referred by @pergola.fabio I decided to clean up stale projects and created a new project. After creating a new project with no changes other the credentials required for the integration, I still saw the same error. So I started commenting out some device as mentioned until it would successfully link. I do have some Chromecasts (3) also that are liked directly to GH - so effectively 21 devices, but only 18 via HA.

my 27 are all via HA… I have another 11 or so exposed directly 38 all together. This includes scenes which don’t show up as ‘devices’ I have 11 HA devices, 4 through MiHome, 1 TelstraTV, 1 WeMo, 5 ‘assistant’ - 3xGoogle Homes, 2xChromecasts
Total devices listed in rooms 38. 16 scenes from HA.

Are you able to unlink/re-link the test app (vs sync’ing) in GH without issue?

Mine stopped working then when I unlinked it I could no longer get it to work. I can’t even create a new one starting from scratch now.

OK well that was fuuuuuuunnnnnn

I made the mistake of clicking on Actions under Build and then clicked on Test… that had the effect of killing my test and I could not restart the test.

So I followed the gactions instructions. When I try and list it says No versions of your app for the Assistant exist. but I was able to issue the
gactions get --project name-of-project --version draft > action.json
Got a message to visit a URL which I did and auth’ed my Google Account.

Then did the edit and was able to push my action which restarted my test.

I did NOT have to unlink and relink my app. Issuing the command to ‘Hey Google, Sync my devices’ gave no errors and I still have the exact same devices as before when I open the Google Assistant on my phone.

All good and working.

I tried all of that as well and it seemed to work thank goodness.

EDIT: Well it looks like I spoke too soon it now shows up in my Google home account as the test and I try to link however after I put the login information in I get an error

Cant update the setting. Check the connection.

Yes , definitely something changed with amount of exposed devices, only @DavidFW1960 is successful …
I also tried it with cloud version, same issue…
@DavidFW1960 can you show us your config?
Maybe it has something to do with room or alias or something, or maybe naming convention, I have no idea

Ahh, but the limitation is max 20 devices for each smart home control app, so you are not exposing 20 devices through home assistent?

Yes I am… all the actual devices and scenes are more than 20. 16 Scenes + 11 real devices = 27 total.

My config is here for Google Assistant…

Ah, you are not using alias, that’s interesting