Google Assistant trouble shooting

I am totally understanding some people are having problems with this. My discussion with @pergola.fabio is peripheral to that.

The reasoning I wanted to create a new project is because I needed to create a google home: home (that contain the devices) that I could share with my wife’s google account. But I couldn’t share with a google G-suite account (grandfathered one). I had the project shared with the google and the gsuite account when I went to make a new one.

I had deleted the project and wanted to make a new one. I recovered the deleted project and went to the actions for google page. Sure enough, I still had the Test going. I plan on removing the gsuit account from the project and using as my main project.

I’m wondering if you’re only allowed one Test app per account on the free cloud plan. As my old one was “deleted”, in the recycle bin, it wasn’t really deleted yet and still running the test app.

FYI - From google support:

We appreciate your interest in Actions on Google!

We apologise for the inconvenience. As of now we have notified our engineers to check and fix this issue. As for an ETA, unfortunately we are unable to provide that for now. Rest assured we will keep you posted once there is an update on the issue.

Thank You for Your Patience and Understanding,

Goldwin
Actions on Google Support Team

Yes, default replies… :wink:

I have those in my inbox like for 5 months, still to follow up

Any idea why the ‘official’ action isn’t affected by this?

Because that one is not in a simulator mode

@DavidFW1960
another question :slight_smile:
is it possible to disable/enable upfront the 30 days?
so lets say, i have enabled testing, i am at day 25 , then i disable / enable again , will it start again on day 1 ? i dont wanna try right now, since there are other issues at the moment with google …

I have updated account linking settings and i am getting the error GoogleFulfillment ‘actions.fulfillment.devices’ is not supported
How to resolve this issue

wait for a fix from google, or use the HA cloud

I have had a couple e-mail exchanges with Google support. As some of you already reported, Google is working on a fix. It is a bit disappointing that it is taking them this long to fix an issue that affects so many users. As far as I understand, there is no work-around at this moment other then if it still works for you, don’t hit new version in the simulator.

Robert

1 Like

so manu users? i dont so many users used this kind of method, but rather the official apps
so i dont think this is an high priority issue for google

There is a manual workaround:

• download the gactions cli at https://developers.google.com/actions/tools/gactions-cli
  • authenticate with any command eg:
    ./gactions list --project [YOUT_PROJECT_ID]
  • download the json representation of your action:
    ./gactions get --project [YOUR_PROJECT_ID] --version draft > action.json
  • edit the json to 1. extract the only object from its array, 2. remove the nested “googleFulfillments” object
  • push your fixed action into test:
    ./gactions test --project [YOUR_PROJECT_ID] --action_package ./action.json

This replaces the step 3 " Click Simulator under TEST" in the google assistant manual setup. And then it seems to work :tada:

11 Likes

how did you figure that out?

can you make a screenshot from it? does it look different? maybe with this approach if we dont need simulator, we are not stuck anymore with the 30 days limit test ?

in a french forum for the jeedom automation system (with similar messages about google fulfillment) someone hinted that it was doable with the command line :slight_smile:

ah cool, can you share that link?

https://www.jeedom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=38423&start=620#p700060

Nice :+1: I will try this tonight. If this resolves it, perhaps this should be captured in the component documentation for future reference

It looks exactly the same, I think it is the same but lets you fix the json beforehand.
For the 30 days, there is an update command in gactions, so it may be scriptable/cronable…

ok, really interesting, maybe we can use that gaction in some kind of automation from HA !