Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released!

Hope so :crossed_fingers: :grinning:

I noticed there have been some updates, but I’m moving to the HA integration anyway. Hoobs is only there because I wanted to remove Smartthings from my setup.

I personally use Home/Away because then I can use presence detection on thermostat, since it will switch to Home when someone walks in front of it. So I set it to Away when no one should be there.

Makes sense. I haven’t used that in awhile because 1) The protects would detect pet movement and set to home and 2) Thermos detect the pet. I just set it manually.

With the old works with nest integration I sent home away so that I wouldn’t get Nest’s person alerts on my doorbell when everybody’s home. It was useful.

Does anyone have a doorbell working with the SDM API? I was curious to see if you get back the doorbell traits. For my nest hello doorbell, I only get all the camera event traits (person, motion, sound) but not the DoorbellChime trait, and I was curious if that was typical or if I have a misconfiguration.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. My HA is up to date so I’ll check out the video you linked.

I have tried these steps 4 times and everything works. Once I get the integration there are no entities in it. Has anyone else had this issue?

I am getting the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

I’m stuck with the same issue.

Pullling my hair… Tried for many hours to get the integration up and running, followed the steps ( several times bij deleting and recreating a new project etc but I keep ending with the last step after having set the right permissions at my google account ( see step 5 of Maartens manual).

First I get:

Deze app is niet geverifieerd

Deze app is nog niet geverifieerd door Google. Ga alleen door als je de ontwikkelaar kent en vertrouwt.

Als je de ontwikkelaar bent, dien je een verificatieverzoek in om dit scherm te verwijderen. Meer informatie

and when I continue ( Via advanced)

I get:

Deze site is niet bereikbaar

xxxxx.duckdns.org heeft de verbinding geweigerd.

Probeer dit eens:

• Controleer de verbinding
  • Controleer de proxy en firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

What could this be? I checked the firewal but nothing to be seen…

Please advice…

I don’t know if this will help anyone experiencing this problem but I just fixed mine.

My problem was that I had two “homes” set up in google homes. One of which had no devices added. It seems that my instance was pulling devices from an empty google home instance. I deleted that and now it’s working just fine.

I just found that I had 2 homes as well. Deleted one of them and reloaded integration but no go. Do I have to start over setting everything up?

ok wierd tried again today and for some reason it worked.
Maybe latest update made the difference

Thanks for your help

I rebooted HA.

Been busy today moving from my SD to a SSD on my Raspberry PI. After restoring my working config, the Nest Integration doesn’t work and I get this in the logs. Devices (Camera and Thermostat) are unavailable. Also boot time is significantly increased. Hoping someone might give me an idea what’s happening.

2020-11-23 19:32:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of sensor platform nest is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-11-23 19:32:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Setup of camera platform nest is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-11-23 19:32:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Setup of climate platform nest is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-11-23 19:32:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of platform nest is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.
2020-11-23 19:32:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Setup of platform nest is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.
2020-11-23 19:32:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Setup of platform nest is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.
2020-11-23 19:36:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):

A reinstall of the NEST Integration resolved this. I had to reinstall “Scheduler” and a ESPHOME device as some the entities were unavailable. This would suggest that the backup and restore is not creating an exact image.

I’m having some issues which I’m unable to fix. In the PubSub console, I’m seeing 100% error rate on google.pubsub.v1.Subscriber.StreamingPull. It’s showing 400, 499 and 503 errors.

To debug this, I’ve enabled the logger in HA which is giving the following results:

2020-11-24 10:34:45 DEBUG (Thread-Heartbeater) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.heartbeater] Sent heartbeat.
2020-11-24 10:34:49 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-24 10:34:49 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 4.468036 seconds.
2020-11-24 10:34:53 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-24 10:34:53 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 0.757590 seconds.
2020-11-24 10:34:54 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-24 10:34:54 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 8.774048 seconds.
2020-11-24 10:35:03 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-24 10:35:03 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 0.854758 seconds.

In the PubSub console, it seems all messages are sent and I don’t seen any unacked messages either. Any pointers on where I can find more information on what’s going wrong here? It looks like the status of the Nest is being updated from time to time, but it seems not very often.

I had this situation previously (post #609 above) which was down to my using the incorrect element for subscriber id in my configuration based on an early configuration guide that I’d probably mis-interpreted. This may be worth you checking.

I switched the subscriber id to “projects/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/subscriptions/zzzzzzz” in place of “zzzzzzz” and restarted HA which as far as I can tell has resolved intermittent Thermostat communication issues and the 100% error rate on StreamingPull.

I still am unable to access a stream from my Google Nest Hub Max even if the camera is active (this hangs HA completely until I force a service restart), although I can view a static image from it when active. This may be expected at the moment - I’m not clear on what camera functionality should be available for cameras that aren’t live all the time and don’t have a related subscription.

I switched the subscriber id to “projects/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/subscriptions/zzzzzzz” in place of “zzzzzzz” and restarted HA which as far as I can tell has resolved intermittent Thermostat communication issues and the 100% error rate on StreamingPull.

Interesting, I double checked all settings and I’m curious if I’m misreading the config values. I have this configured right now:

Does this align what you have configured right now? In the console I do see that the average latency is pretty high, could it be that its timing out?

Latency 2 minutes:

There’s actually an interesting development happening now. I’m seeing the following logs:

2020-11-24 11:34:16 INFO (Thread-32) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed non-terminating stream error 503 The service was unable to fulfill your request. Please try again. [code=8a75]
2020-11-24 11:34:16 INFO (Thread-32) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed recoverable stream error 503 The service was unable to fulfill your request. Please try again. [code=8a75]
2020-11-24 11:34:16 INFO (Thread-32) [google.api_core.bidi] Re-established stream
2020-11-24 11:34:16 INFO (Thread-ConsumeBidirectionalStream) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed non-terminating stream error 503 The service was unable to fulfill your request. Please try again. [code=8a75]
2020-11-24 11:34:16 INFO (Thread-ConsumeBidirectionalStream) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed recoverable stream error 503 The service was unable to fulfill your request. Please try again. [code=8a75]
2020-11-24 11:34:16 INFO (Thread-32) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed non-terminating stream error 401 Request had invalid authentication credentials. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential. See https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.
2020-11-24 11:34:16 INFO (Thread-32) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed non-recoverable stream error 401 Request had invalid authentication credentials. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential. See https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.
2020-11-24 11:34:16 INFO (Thread-32) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] RPC termination has signaled streaming pull manager shutdown.
2020-11-24 11:34:16 DEBUG (Thread-OnRpcTerminated) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Stopping consumer.
2020-11-24 11:34:16 INFO (Thread-ConsumeBidirectionalStream) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed non-terminating stream error 401 Request had invalid authentication credentials. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential. See https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.
2020-11-24 11:34:16 INFO (Thread-ConsumeBidirectionalStream) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed non-recoverable stream error 401 Request had invalid authentication credentials. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential. See https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.

After which the streaming_pull_manager is shut down, and restarts again. Does this indicate something different? I’m a bit confused on what’s going wrong here.

Config looks ok. Note that is not unexpected to see 100% errors from StreamingPull. Its a long standing streaming rpc, so eventually it stops and reconnects.
https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/hybrid/v1.3/streaming-pull-error

If you have any other symptoms, happy to diagnose.