Guide: How to learn broadlink RF codes

Hello guys! Im from Chile, I have my Broadlink RM Pro+ that I bought to use the RF for my Curtains/Blinds/persianas, but it is not working. I tested with the e-control app, with the HA and all the steps that I read before, but I can’t… I dont know if the codes are encrypted or what, but I can’t. Any idea about what is happening? Some times I see large codes like @Motorhead (sgC+AFRUVFSgKSwUFiksKSwpKykXEywpFxMXFBYULCkWFCwoFxQWFCsqFhQXExcUKxQXFBYUFikXEywUFiksKSwUFhQXExcpFhQsFBYpLBQWKRcUKxQXKRYUFQAEKFRTVVNUVFRUU1RUVFRUoCksFBcoLCksKSspFxQrKhYUFhQXEywpFhQsKRYUFhQsKRcTFxQWFCwUFhQWFBcpFhQsFBYpLCkrFBcUFhQWKhYUKxQXKSwUFikWFCwUFikXExYABdwAAAAAAAAAAAAA’) but still not working, some times when I click Call Service I receive an instant notification of “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” but without any push or the main blind control…

So, I need to understand if im failing or if I can’t with these motors (the brand of these are Tube Tubular Motors). If someone can talk via zoom, or something, ill be happy! I need this!

Thanks!

Please try to keep thread on topic

Are you using the script to get the codes? Are you using the base 64 ones? All of mine finish in “=”

Which script/Cual script? :slight_smile:

Sorry… now i understand… im using e-control app and the 12 steps from @ladaowner just to see the codes in the HA, and then moving to the scripts… but my problem is that i cant see any code…

if still having problems can try alternative method to get RF codes - Broadlink Manager

for me broadlink manager never worked for RF singals

reboot is very important and instruction must be followed 100%

yeap, i did it a lot of times… but nothing happened… Do you know if some encryption or this is not possible for RF?

Some RF devices have rolling codes aka encryption so will never work.

yeap… i think that this is my case… :frowning:

That’s not your case if you can’t see the codes it is not due to rolling codes. If the code keeps changing every use them or is rolling codes.

Hello Mike, would you elaborate a little bit ?

If you can capture the RF code from the remote, however the code keeps on changing every time you capture it, and the code doesn’t work, then it is a rolling code.

Big thanks from my side. Struggled to get this going but it finally works with RF codes out of IHC.
This is exactly the walkthrough I needed. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

For those using the RM4c Pro and the new app (you cant add it to econtrol) I managed to get the RF codes using the following (not 100% sure if all of it is necessary…)

1. start with deleting you existing home and RM4 Pro from the app
  2. add new home in a different country / timezone
  3. add the RM4 Pro
  4. on the last step before adding to home, trigger the broadlink.learn command is hassio - services
  5. add RM4 Pro to home
  6. in the app go to add new device and add a new RF button. make sure it is correct frequency OR use autoscan (its a bit hidden on the screen but its there!
  7. once you have pressed learn in the app, trigger the broadlink.learn command again
  8. press your remote button
  9. see output in Hassio
  10. learn any other RF buttons you want to using steps 7 - 10
  11. once finished, the RM4c Pro will lock. reset it and add it again through the app. once the WIFI SSID has sent and blue light stops flashing, DO NOT FINISH THE SETUP! close the app.

you should now be able to send the learned RF codes through hassio or nodered

Hope this helps somebody!

7 Likes

Tried to reproduce the steps above but couldn’t make it work at all :sob:

Nick you are a legend. Took a few goes of pressing the learn command but you got me going with learning my RF fan commands with my Broadlink RM Pro 4 in the newer Broadlink app.
Cheers!

THANK YOU!! I am using the newer app, but this was the only thing I could get to work to extract the codes. I haven’t actually got them integrated into HA yet, but seeing the data in the file in .storage/… just made me SOOO happy! Thanks!

Hello to all.
I would like to know if its possible to know in HA if the switch is really on or off because my rf comand its the same.
Is there any other way to know it?