HACC - Home Assistant Command Center

apparently not that simple, because there are a couple of GitHub issues on this, and still the issue hasn’t been resolved. very annoying this is.

then again, guess no harm to try this portainer solution. How would I go about doing so?

You can install thru the hassio add-on or if running on a generic server then you can install it directly on your host OS

great info there… never knew. potentially very dangerous too I would gather.
Anyway, I found the HACC image nd was all to delete it. Unfortunately is rather sticky:

no more dangerous than any other thing on your computer if you don’t know what you are doing.

But the beauty of docker is that if you screw up a container it’s only a few seconds to start up another one to replace it.

ha, yes, so it seems, this is all new to me tbh.
will certainly check out further, thanks for the lead.

it doesn’t however solve the issue at hand, which is more complicated apparently. But, since I deleted the image in portainer, I can’t manipulate it any longer, while it still appears in the add-ons page…

If it’s not running, it’s not taking up any computing power or memory. The image is still taking up a small amount of storage on your Hass.io machine but that’s all.

And the code is 100% open source so there’s nothing to worry about as far as “danger”.

Unfortunately we will need to wait for someone from the HA docker team to determine what is happening with this container specifically, as I said I am not a Docker expert nor is there anything in the Dockerfile specifically to prevent it from being removed from HA.

I know that HACC being in your Addon list is annoying but I can assure you that as long as it’s stopped, it poses no harm nor threat to your HA installation. That is one of the benefits of the design of containers.

What you say is obvious to most of us, but not everyone on the forum has a brain.

1 Like

sure, my point about ‘dangerous’ was in regards to portainer, not your add-on.
the fact we cant delete it from the list might be a purely administrative issue, then again, it might also be more involving.
Which ever it might be, it is unique to your component (at least thus far we havent seen reports of other add-on’s unable to delete) and indeed that’s rather annoying. To say the least.

I do hope keeping this thread and on the GitHub alive will finally attract some attention of the dev’s involved in the design of the matter.

So please do keep attending the GitHub thread/issue tracker for this.

kind of an inappropriate post is it? So very helpful and to the point of the matter, trying to aid in resolving the matter.
Not.

Just think about this - what does an inactive docker image cost you?

If people thought before posting, we’d have a lot less drivel here.

And it was not deliberately pointed at you, it was more of an acknowledgement of the perfect sense that @qJake’s post made.

sorry, but I don’t agree.

An (inactive) add-on in the installed add-ons list which can’t be deleted, not even with portainer, is a serious bug to issue and track.

People posting about that here and on the GitHub are very welcome, and should do so, as is asked of us by the dev’s. This is very much a community project.

Badmouthing people that contribute on issues, in perfectly documented and well mannered informative posts do help this community and HA grow.

“drivel,
not everyone has a brain”.

… I truly feel offended by that, even if it wasn’t directed at me, and truly wish you would stop judging other people like that.

do you mean you deleted the hacc container?

yes, I did, as was suggested above by @finity here HACC - Home Assistant Command Center

UPDATE

so I finally managed to get rid of the still listed add-on:
here’s what the order was:

• install portainer
  • delete the container from the list (in Portainer)
  • tried to delete from Hassio Dasboard (unsuccessfullly)
  • updated to the most up to date HA version 102.2
  • rebooted the host system yet again via:

• checked the Hassio Add-on Dashboard (HACC was still listed, grayed)
  • click the Add-on, click uninstall
  • Woosh!
4 Likes

I agree it is a bug that needs to be dealt with. I do NOT agree that it is serious, and qjake explained why.

Again agreed, but endless “me too”'s are not helpful. Nor is the bug serious.

I apologise if that offended you, I suppose I could have been a bit less brittle. My bad.

I just meant that once you think critically, it is not serious. It takes up some disk space. Big deal.

But I will shut up now.

Legend! Thank you - this worked for me.

Greetings! I just love this project, I see a great potential in the immense work that has already been put into the admin ui and all the features!

I have had a minor issue with CPU load of the docker container though, I did no troubleshooting, but a quick restart of the container solved the issue. If it comes up again, I will dig deeper.

And as I have been following this thread for a while, I saw that other users have reported an issue with the image on the Person tile not loading. And I think I have found the culprit, for me it seems the path is relative to the HACC container and not the HASS installation.

The image loads correctly in lovelace, and I can view the image separately by changing the relative url in the Dev tool.

@Jonas_Thonell Can you navigate to the technical page, found by manually going to your HACC base URL followed by /admin/technical, and then tell me what the value is for the “Base URL” in the right column?

If it’s blank, can you try setting up the http component like so?

In this example, my URL is the public domain for my HA instance, e.g. https://example.com:443

You can try setting it to your local IP instance like https://192.168.1.20:8123, but please read the docs for the http component to make sure you configure this section correctly.

That should fix your URLs!

@qJake This is already configured in my instance. And I did some more poking around, and I saw that the Spotify tile (which is working very good btw) does generate the correct url.

REALLY nice job with this!

Hi qJake,
did you plane to update your great project ?
like adding thermostat tile and more ?

Thx!
bye