Has anbody a working setup of the Fibaro Motion Sensor FGMS001?

Curious to see why the switch goes to “off” and what might trigger it

Ah, I see. I haven’t figured that out yet.
The state doesn’t usually change for days. Looking at my mysql db, it’s been “off” for at least two weeks now (that’s my retention time).
I’ll keep this in mind and look at the logs should the state change to “on” again.

Sebastian

I just did some “grep magic” on my old log files and these seem to be the reports you’re looking for:

Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:216 State=Off
Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:216 State=Off
Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:25 State=Off
Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:213 State=Off
Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:213 State=Off
Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:79 State=Off
Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:56 State=Off
Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:106 State=Off
Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:21 State=Off
Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:88 State=Off
Info, Node008, Received SensorBinary report: Sensor:50 State=Off

As you can see, the sensor IDs vary. There seems to be a lot of “chatter” around these log lines - I’m not sure where the relevant part starts or ends. I could share one of the logs via dropbox, if you’re interested.

Sebastian

1 Like

Seems weird to me. My Aeon multisensors show up basically the same way,

binary_sensor.aeotec_multisensor_6_sensor_7_0

but this binary switch reacts as motion for me changing whenever motion is sensed. I know that @bruhautomation had set up one of these sensors in his ZWave video, perhaps you could ask him for config tips?

1 Like

Just to be clear - my question purely relates to the zwave plus / v3.2 version of the fibaro system fgms001 motion sensor and why binary_sensor appears to do nothing and we’re stuck with checking for a burlgar value.

This post above from @hdunst:

seemed to hint that openzwave and xml files are at fault here so i wondered what the long term fix is? (ie something that “just works” out of the box).

Thoughts ?

I’d suggest again to ask Ben - I just watched his video again and paused it when he opened his Fibaro manual and it’s the same version you specified. I’m betting he will be able to help you on this.

EDIT: Same MODEL. Not sure if the same FW version. Definitely not the same FW as @sebk-666.

Ah, ok - so the binary sensor is supposed to reflect the motion sensor’s state?

This is mine, btw.:

Sebastian

I think in that’s the version 2.4 sensor in the video - at least that’s what the PDF manual Ben shows on his screen says.

Sebastian

1 Like

Yeah, if you notice I updated my post a few minutes before you replied to reflect that for clarification.

I’d still send him a PM and ask though. He may be in the same boat, then again he may have the answer.

I only use Aeon multisensors because of this so I don’t have the experience to help beyond what I’ve already provided. I even checked issues on Github and deep searched the forums but couldn’t find anything. Sorry.

1 Like

Hello! Saw I was tagged here, had a minute, and just wanted to chime in. My Fibaro multisensor works as expected with HA without doing anything after pairing it.

Just confirming what was already said here, yes, the burglar alarm and motion report on the same binary sensor. If my memory serves me right, there is setting in the OpenZWave config to change the burglar function into a seismic sensor. I played with it briefly, but was content with how my sensor was behaving already. If my burglar alarm trips, I got bigger problems than a motion event.

Once I wrap up my next two videos, I’ll be jumping back into Zwave. I’ll let you know if I find anything worth sharing.

2 Likes

@bruhautomation Ok great, I watch your youtube videos and they are great (only issue I have it that they usually end up me spending money! Lol).

I’m just looking to do very basic reliable stuff like have the fibaro sensor turn on (and keep on) a light when somebody is in an area (our entrance hallway) and then turn it off when no activity is detected within say 1 min.

The older version (non zwave plus/v2.6) of these fibaro sensors worked great but since trying out the newer zwave plus (v3.2) I’m seeing a few odd issues (the light was switching on without anyone being in that area).

I do wonder and I’m curious… How does open zwave/device XML files get updated in HA to support new devices?

did anyone get the newer version working properly? I wasted almost 8 hours fannying on with this sensor, wished I bought the early version. I’ve reset so many times it is unreal and I am back to it working i.e. lights on when setting changes to 8. I tried the stuff in #25 but it just threw up some errors and never worked (reset again, reinstall HA again).

So now it works but LUX and temp etc only up date IF I press the B button, after 8 hours of being at work, no update… press button it updates. It is driving me crazy :smiley:

Any thoughts please? or just buy the older version and keep this for another day?

Cheers
Mark

It works fine for me, with the limitation that I have to check for this burglar == 8 thing to detect motion.
Since it does not matter if I build an automation with “binary sensor == on” or “burglar == 8”, this doesn’t bother me.
I’m guessing that sooner or later openzwave will fix this anyway.

Light and temp reporting also works perfectly. You probably have to fiddle with the settings a bit and turn on regular reports and maybe reduce the threshold values for the reports.
Look at parameters 40,42 and 60, 62, 64.
I have set 42 and 62 to 1200s.

Sebastian

Bumping thread… Does anyone have this working with OpenWave 1.5 and/or HASS 0.58? I have tried the following:

• Added the sensor securely.
  • Ensure I am next to the zwave stick when including/configuring the sensor.
  • Ensure I am using the latest -zw5.xml file (this was the default w/ my install)
  • Associate groups 1,2,3 with the stick (node 1) and disassociate groups 4,5. I’ll note that groups 4 and 5 appeared to automatically be associated w/ node 1.

After this, when I open the openzwave-control-panel I can see the burglar sensor move to 3 and 8 as mentioned in this post.

I set up an automation to create a persistent notification when the sensor changes to either 3 or 8 (below) to debug. When I use the <> states UI to set the state to 8 I get the notification.

However, this is never triggered naturally in HA and my UI looks different than I’ve seen in this post. It only (ever) shows a string “Burglar - Unknown”. Again, I can see the value ‘8’ in the OZWCP but HASS doesn’t show this and my automation doesn’t run.

• alias: ‘Basement stairs motion’
    initial_state: True
    trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.fibaro_system_fgms001zw5_motion_sensor_burglar
    to: ‘8’
    action:
    • service: persistent_notification.create
      data_template:

OZW_Log.txt.xml (2.3 MB)

Any help is much appreciated. I’ve spent a good 8 hours on this and am at a standstill. Thanks for your help!

Am on mobile, so without looking at your log file…
If you have it working in OZW (you say you see it change values in the log) and hass isn’t seeing this changes, the first thing which comes to my mind: did you tell hass the network key? I’ve seen the exact same behavior and it turned out hass was looking at a different file which didn’t have the key back then. (This was before the ozw bundling).

The network key needs to be set like this:

Also, you can include your sensor directly within HA, so there’s no need to go through the Openzwave UI, so in the future, you would go to Configuration -> zwave -> add node secure. Then include the device. Battery operated devices like the Fibaro motion sensor may need to be woken up a few times before its attributes are loaded entirely. Lastly, restart HA for it to re-read the *zw5.xml file so it will include the proper name for the device.

Thanks! I do have the network key set okay - the OWZ log file indicates this and I have two garage doors that are security enabled that are working well. I’ll try to keep the sensor awake (triple click) some more and see if that helps.

Did you have to change association groups or other configuration parameters for your device?

No, I didn’t have to change anything to get it working, but I changed some threshold values for when it should report changes in temperature and light intensity.

Hi got now also two new Fibaro Motion Sensors Gen5.

I was able to connect them securly to the Z-Wave network and I am getting already valid temperture messurement.

What is still unclear for me is the Motion sensor.

1. Do I really need to add the Group 2 (motion) and group 3 (tamper) to the controller to get it working? If yes, why?

2. Both devices have each one sensor (burglar) and one binary-sensor
    The Burglar-Sensor changes to 8 if motion is detected and the binary-sensor to on. But somehow this is not
    accurate. e.g. Today I went into both rooms for a couple of seconds. Both rooms changed to “on” and “8”. One Room changed back to “0” and “off” but the other one stayed at “8” and “on” although no one was in the room.

Br,
Johannes

I posted my findings here: