Hassapp: An alternative iOS app to empower your HA

Amazing app! I really like the approach. Really clean!

Where would you like us to provide feedback?

One thing I noticed: when trying to set up a home, it uses “Home Assistant Local”, so I wasn’t able to set it up when away (I downloaded it from work and had to wait until I got home!).

2 Likes

@carloscae and @xusbadia, thank you for your feeback, I will keep that in mind!

If you want to propose features or report bugs, feel free to it here https://bitbucket.org/kikettas/hassapp/issues

Hi,
If there is still a possibility to jump into testing - I’m in!

Is there a way of getting the device_tracker re-registered, i only get the battery level and state sensors in ha, but no traces of the app device tracker.
Also the latest changelog says climate was included but still doesn’t appear as available device in rooms

Thanks

1 Like

I’d love to give this a go. Do you have TestFlight setup yet?

1 Like

I would be happy to participate in testing as well. Is it still possible?

Do you mean the gps location? What climate component do you have?

GPS, yes i guess also the zone. Well i am not sure how is suppose to work, the officlal ha app, creates a device_tracker for the app that appears in ha as soon as you enable location usage, then gets the location updates. Should this app create another device_tracker or works differently?

I have an unofficial custom component for lg thinq split ac. The climate entity is available in HA.

This looks great! I would love to test this out!

With .89 there is an API for Apps to better integrate in HA. Maybe you can implement it.

https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/app_integration_index.html

1 Like

I will gladly helt you out with testing and ideas. how can i send you a PM? i couldnt find any thin here or on your bitbucket site

Tap on his name in the post and you can select message…

1 Like

Yes, I saw it. I’ll probably add support in the next alpha :wink: Thanks for sharing it anyway

@DavidFW1960 thank you also for helping here :stuck_out_tongue:

It creates a device_tracker with your device name (it takes the iphone name by default). If you use a different name in the official app, it should create a different one.

I fixed some issues with the climate component in the latest alpha, check that out!

Tried all verdiend that came out and it only gets better. Very nice job!

Unfortunately, in the latest alpha it keeps telling me it’s reconnecting while everything is just working fine. A glitch?

1 Like

Everything is working fine for me , except the message of reconnecting if i use external link , when i checked and troubleshooted with debugs i found that websockets does not work if we put external link from y side but with local it works

1 Like

Hi. I would love to test the beta. But how do I send you my Apple ID through a DM/Private message?

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, it’s a glitch probably. The websocket connection is still working despite the message, right?

Yes, I’m not able to reproduce the issue. Does your router support hairpinning / NAT loopback?