HassKit - An Elegant Home Assistant Control App

Thank you <3

HassKit version 3.1.0:

Add localization, please help translate in to your language.

Rewrite camera, now support almost every camera type

Improve GUI and fix bugs

Link download for early adopter (android only)

Link for add more language translation:

Thank you. Thank Victor Öhrström

Version 3.2

HassKit now support Tablet!!!
New icon shape, it called Squircle
Add support Russian, thank antropophob
Add support Hebrew, thank Asaf
Add support Dutch thank Arjan
Fix bug and improve performance.

1 Like

So I have been trying to get this in an old nexus 7 tablet (this is why I would like to see landscape orientation) and while the demo works fine I can’t connect to my instance of HA.
After I add the url it goes to what would be the login page and all I ever see is initializing at the top of the page. I left it for about ten minutes and no change. I have cleared all data from app to have it like a fresh install and I have tried multiple times.
Any thoughts?

Thanks

I can only test on iPad iOS 13 and Android 9, Android 10 and they work fine.

Older android, iOS version, I got no idea because I don’t have any of those device to test. I’ll activate a simulator for old android and test later.

Thank for reporting the issue.

Version 3.3

Add Rate HassKit button, if you like the app, please write us a short review
:heart: Thank you :heart:

Button shape now selectable, there are 3 available shape:
Square - standard shape
Squircle - more pleasant looking shape
Rectangle - best info per space ratio

Greetings
I use hasskit for the past few days and made great improvement. It’s a great tool!
However I can only connect from outside my lan using duckdns server.
When connecting inside lan, using http://192.168.2.4:8123, nothing happens and when I change to https://192.168.2.4:8123 I get the message ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.
Using https://192.168.2.4:8123 I can connect both from pc (win7, chrome) and phone (android 9.0, chrome).

Hey vpateri, thank for using the app

Answered on discord.

Okay if this happens to anyone else check to see if Android system webview is up to date.
Mine wasn’t and that was my issue. Works great now.

Any chance we could see a plain black background? Using black gradient now, but it is still pretty bright at night.

Thanks for all the work on the app!

I’m working on an update that let user select picture in their album as background.

Thank for give HassKit a spin danbutter.

1 Like

Version 3.4.2

New feature:

• HassKit now support user photo as background image.

• Lock server connection, cloud sync and rooms setting. This allow you let others control a limited number of device on your house but can’t change their preset.

Add French translation, thank QuentinBen

Rename HassKitDemo to HassKit Server.

Use app_review instead of rate_my_app

Fix bug controlling group.all_covers

Fix cloud sync again https://github.com/tuanha2000vn/hasskit/releases/tag/3.4!

1 Like

Love this app! However has anyone been able to get their Wyze Cam’s using RTSP to show up in Hasskit? Mine just show the generic circle with three dots…

1 Like

Thank Scott, I don’t have Wyze Cam but my other rtsp video work fine. Is the Wyze Cam work normally in Hom Assistant but not HassKit?

Version 3.5.0:

Light RBG, Temp and Effect update just in time for Christmas!!!
Mini history display now live.
Better button display on Dark/Light them with extremely Bright/Dark background color. We deal with them all.
Fix lock mini history doesn’t show up because 2 state lock/unlocked have the same contain “lock” word, take a while to debug my stupidity :smile:

I’m running wyze cam with rtsp and they sometimes take a few seconds to load!

I’m loving your work @tuanha2000vn, please keep it up!

1 Like

Version: 3.6

Support location tracking.
Support climate temperature adjustment by 0.1 degree.
Fix bug and improve performance.

How to enable location tracking on your phone:

1 Like

Hi @tuanha2000vn,

Thanks for you’re hard work on this. It looks really nice. One question: does our HA URL and username/password go through yours or any third party server (other than Nabu Casa server) in order for the app to work?

Thank you

No, username and password don’t store on our server, only on local device.

We only store user hass server url (something.duckdns.org) that all.

It’s open source and you can read the code and know if any sensitive information uploaded on server or not.

The nabucasa url itself is sensitive. Why do you need to store the url at all? Surely that should be stored on the device only.

It only store URLs IF you enable google cloud sync, if you don’t enable sync room setting across devices using google firebase cloud, URLs info and ANY user infos are stored locally on the phone only.

2 Likes