Healing Zigbee Network

Hi All,

Is there a way to heal the Zigbee network like you would with a Z-Wave network? I am just curious if for instance you move Zigbee devices to a different location anything should be done to update the network

2 Likes

I found out how to do this,

Basically power off the home assistant machine for 30 minutes. This will cause all of the zigbee devices to go into panic mode. Once the home assistant machine is re started the zigbee mesh network is rebuilt. This can take a while so I tend to just leave things for at least an hour.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

I use the zigbee2mqtt network map plugin which re-generates once a day, I see changes happening in the network almost every day. Not sure if healing is really necessary. Do you see a device that clings to a router that is now not the most optimal path anymore?

At the time I originally posted that question I was having lots of stability issues with my Zigbee network but I have since worked through them and it is now solid & reliable.

I use the HUSBZB-1 Zigbee adapter, is it possible to use the zigbee2mqtt network map plugin you mentioned?

I would love to be able to see a visual representation of the Zigbee network. I currently use the custom Lovelace ZHA card to quickly check the status of my Zigbee devices.

I’m not sure if it is a feature of zigbee2mqtt or supported in the Zigbee protocol. Doesn’t hurt to give it a try and see what happens :slight_smile:

Have you tried this? I added it to my install and it’s working great, I use the same zigbee hub (HUSBZB-1) using ZHA. Hope it helps.

Is this still the right way? is this somewhere documented?

Sort of resurrecting this; I cannot, on these forums or in the Home Assistant dashboard editor, find any way to add this visualization. Where can I find instructions on how to add this?

It is built into HA if you are ZHA integration.

Is there a way to improve the visualisation? eg the fact it hides the text unless zoomed in very close makes it a bit of a chocolate teapot for understanding my network visualisation).

Even if the text could overlap the circles, it’d at least be usable?

1 Like

I just installed a new hub device - is there anything I need to do for Zigbee2MQTT to take advantage of it or will it do it over time?

1 Like