Help with Integrating Eufy Doorbell

I’m having issues getting a live stream too.
I’m running the battery model T8210 on system version 2.2.2.6

Logger: homeassistant.components.camera
Source: components/camera/__init__.py:586
 Error requesting stream: camera.doorbell does not support play stream service 

I’m on 2014.4.1 and trying to do a fresh install of HACS + Eufy Doorbell, but I’m getting an error indicating that “config flow cannot be loaded.” when attempting the install.

Any ideas or workarounds?

I also see something in the logs indicating that the version key is necessary, which relates to this github post. Need version key in the manifest · Issue #40 · nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security (github.com)

When installing through HACS make sure you install master rather than v0.3.0 as a new release was never created for the TypeError: init() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘loop’ error.

However motion detection still isn’t available.

I would recommend to look at this topic:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/eufy-camera-integration/

There are essentially 2 solutions:

@bropat 's iobroker based solution. This exposes a host of options (including video) but requires a more complex setup including running iobroker next to ha

@matijse 's mqqt bridge. From your post this looks most logical as a fitting solution. Add GitHub - MaxWinterstein/homeassistant-addons to you add-on repository and install. Make a separate admin user within eufy and use this to login on the add-on.

You will need mqqt on ha, but with that combination you will have sensors (doorbell pressed/ motion detected / last activity image) up and running in no time.

The referenced topic includes a host of information.

2 Likes

I installed master just now (confirmed commit id 7bd8f88) and am still getting the loop error, so it’s something more than that.

i have baked another integration with RTSP support here, take a look: Eufy Camera Integration - #1280 by fuatakgun

1 Like

I can’t seem to install ha-eufy-security.
I’ve installed HACS without errors, when I search for eufy security in integrations there are no results.
I’m super new to this, hopefully it’s simple user error.

The HA log is showing “ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] The custom integration ‘eufy_security’ does not have a valid version key (None) in the manifest file and was blocked from loading. See https://developers.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/01/29/custom-integration-changes#versions for more details”

You should give a try on this: Help with Integrating Eufy Doorbell - #13 by fuatakgun

1 Like

Can confirm that fuatakgun’s custom add-on works well for me. Clear and easy to follow step by step instructions.

Hi, with the battery version, Will HA drain the battery ?

The above might help anyone trying to connect their Eufy Homekit Compatible Cameras to Home Assistant using the built-in HomeKit Intergration.

1 Like

if you do not enable streaming on purpose, there is no way to drain battery as it is listening notifications of the app.

Thank you! all working!

@anon63427907 hi again, I followed the instruction of the integration but things went bad.
It ended with the Homeassistant creating many Eufy files continuously without stopping causing the hassio crash and I had to delete them manually and restart the system. Did i miss something?
any ideas

?

Please go over readme file of integration, this is a known issue if you keep p2p streaming always on. There is also a beta release at the end which eliminates file creation at all.

Hi! Great solution - thank you for it.
I have most cameras working well except for doorbell - for whatever reason it shows battery level at 0% and not letting me see the picture. Any thoughts?

There is an open issue about battery in underlying repository, we have to wait for its fix.

For doorbell camera, you should be using rtsp server addon and webrtc. Moreover, you need to call start p2p livestream service.

Thank a lot - picture works now. Will be keenly waiting for battery - thank you for your excellent work!

1 Like

Will the doorbell camera live stream work with rtsp server addon and webrtc? and then use the service start p2p livestream? that would be great.

Yes, that works