Help with TCL WiFi Air conditioner integration

Thanks for looking! :slight_smile: Unfortunately these aren’t any known Midea URLs, so I’d say this is not a branded Midea unit. Sorry!

But nonetheless good luck with getting the A/Cs into HA :+1: Sorry, that I can’t be of more help here. :frowning:

@sotiris-bos
Hey any update on this, did you manage to get more hex streams from the app?

Hello. Any news about the progress? I am interested also to this. I bought a “TCL Miracle II” and I would like to be able to control it through HA.

I’ve also got one of these TCL Heat pumps, would love to integrate it into HASS!

TCL 2.6KW - MIRACLE INVERTER HEATPUMP 9000 BTU WITH WIFI (TAC-09CHSA/VA)

It uses the “Intelligent AC” app, whose icon looks VERY similar to the “TFIAC” app, but it is different enough that it doesn’t work.

Here’s a link to the apple Apps store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/intelligent-ac/id1451039299

And to google app store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ab.smartDevice&hl=en_NZ&gl=US

Edit - I found this thread [SOLVED: for local access]A/C app named TFIAC, anyone ever heard of it? - #7 by Joan_Palots

However it looks like Aircons controlled by “Intelligent AC” doesn’t work with this integration :frowning:

I’m also a lucky guy with 2 TCL ACs, one is working the old way (Tuya compatible), the other, newer one is controlled by the Intelligent AC app.

As the wifi module is way different in the new one (could not be flashed) I ordered the same module like in my older AC to replace it, and reflash the dump I’ve made from my first AC.
Without any luck, module is powered up, but AC cannot be found in the App.

Thats the module I’ve ordered to play around with: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08P5X5J7L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@irqnet - did you have any luck with that new module?

Not at all. Flashing the module with the firmware backup from the other AC (Tuya) was successful, but I wasn’t able to pair the device in the App, it was not even discovered.

I’ve also tried flashing Tasmota with Tuya MCU as device type, but I don’t know how to investigate which commands could be send to the AC.

1 Like

Hello,

Same issue here, does anyone could connect Intelligent AC app with HA?
I’ve been reading this topic [SOLVED: for local access]A/C app named TFIAC, anyone ever heard of it? - #67 by Macrisu but no conclution there

Thx

Any news here?

I have two TCL wifi ACs and i would love to integrate them into home assistant.

The TCL home app does integrate with Google Assistant, any chance down that road?

How about using like RM4C to control the aircon?
I’ve also 2 TLC (Be Vool 12000btu) units.
No time to try until now.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B0882HT1FN?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I use the Google assistant SDK intergation.
Works perfectly

Maybe it will help someone.
I have managed to connect my TCL AC unit via Tuya smart app. I was able to connect AC unit to Tuya smart app and then integrate it to HA via Tuya integration, it works with both Tuya Local and Tuya cloud

What AC model do you have?

I failed to add my TCL TAC-09CHSA/DSEI-W to Tuya App.

It is rebranded TCL - Vivax COOL ACP-12CH35REWI.
I noticed, when I was adding it to original app (Intelligent Air), that SSID of AC was tuya-xxxxx. After I put it in pairing mode I added it manually to Tuya app. Auto discovery was not working

Thanks. My AC needs TCL Home app and doesn’t expose any wi-fi network

I have a Airco from TCL as well and use the TCL Home app. I’ve been proxying the app through Proxyman to see what kind of API calls it’s making and I can actually see what it’s sending to them mostly to prod.aws.tcljd.com but I will setup a proxy for the other way around too to see what the airco actually gets back when I change the temp or turn it off/on.

I’ll keep you guys posted if there’s still anyone who wants to know.

(Can’t really parrot the API calls because it’s timestamped with nonce and sign and accessTokens so more work is needed to reverse engineer this)

2 Likes

Thanks, that would be great! Got two of these ACs, they are really great value for heating and cooling. Its a bit of shame that we cant integrate them into HA.

Not sure if relevant but some wifi modules are Broadlink based :

as commented in this repo:

After spending a long time using the official TCL app (which is rubbish) I finally got frustrated enough to do something about it. The official app is slow, terrible to use and more importantly constantly nags for Bluetooth permissions. I have also seen it attempt to access my clipboard, all very sahdy.

I ordered several relatively inexpensive ESP8266/ESP01-M from aliexpress with an integrated IR Receiver/Transmitter. Then using ESPHome, I turned it into an IR remote for my aircon, which now gives me a “climate” entity to add to the dashboard / use in automations.

It is VERY simple to do. You just order the device, it looks something like this

And then you’ll of course need a programmer (I use a CH340G based one that I got from a local shop) - these should be in any serious HASS user’s arsenal :wink:

Then I just wrote the below code to it, and then added the climate entity and it works!! The best part the IR library for tcl that the ESP integration uses supports “receiver” mode, so if you place the ESP near the aircon’s I/R receiver itself, it can detect when someone aims the remote at the aircon and changes something, so the A/C state is always up-to-date within home assistant.

esphome:
  name: living-room-ac

esp8266:
  board: esp01_1m

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:
  password: "secure"

wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_password

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
  ap:
    ssid: "living-room-ac"
    password: "securepw123"

captive_portal:

text_sensor:
  - platform: wifi_info
    ip_address:
      name: "living-room-ac IP Address"

binary_sensor:
  - platform: status
    name: "living-room-ac Connection State"

remote_receiver:
  id: ir_receiver 
  pin:
    number: GPIO14
    inverted: True
    mode:
      input: true
      pullup: true
  tolerance: 55%
  dump: all

remote_transmitter:
  id: ir_transmit
  pin: GPIO4
  carrier_duty_percent: 50%

climate:
  - platform: tcl112 
    name: "office-ac"
    id: climate_ac
    transmitter_id: ir_transmit
    receiver_id: ir_receiver
    sensor: temp # optional - remove if you don't want "current" temperature

sensor:
# remove below code block if you don't want "current" temperature
  - platform: homeassistant
    name: "Office-ac-Temp"
    # adjust below entity to temp sensor of room this aircon is in
    entity_id: sensor.lumi_lumi_sensor_ht_00a42202_temperature
    id: temp
    internal: true

- platform: wifi_signal
    name: "living-room-ac WiFi Signal Strength"
    update_interval: 60s

- platform: uptime
    name:  "living-room-ac Uptime"

switch:
  - platform: restart
    name: "living-room-ac Device reboot"
4 Likes

Works perfect on the TCL TAC-12CHSA split unit.