Hide group attributes if used as nested groups

Is there a way to hide irrelevant information on nested groups like the status etc… Unknown is never displayed on the first group (view: yes ) but it is for nested groups as below.

I’m using nested groups so settings of a device can be set after clicking on settings.
So the status should also not be shown on the initial group as it doesn’t make any sense…

Would also be nice if the group can be shown as a link i.e. blue and underlined like with a weblink

Would make the interface a bit cleaner in this case… what do you guys think?

1 Like

If you don’t mind, would you explain a bit more about ‘nested groups’? I’ve never seen this before and can’t find any reference in the docs or in a forum search. I’d like to see the YAML on this.

Nope I don’t mind… also don’t know if that is a valid term :slight_smile:

It is just a group within a group, see group setting below:

So this is valve_1_status group card:

and when you click on “Setting” the second group card is displayed:

I use that to hide the sliders as the interface gets very crowded and those setting you only change when needed. The sensors in valve_1_status group are template sensors that will show the status of the sprinkler system in this case and that is what I like to see :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It never occurred to me that you could do this; now I have to play with this. I think I can find a couple of good use cases for it on my setup. Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

Yeah lot of the ideas behind my little project here come from the Creating a Alarm Clock … so some of them come from you as well :slight_smile::innocent:… I’m sure you can use it there to hide the settings…

Hi ronvl, I have a simple question: did you manage to hide the nested group from the main page, having only the top level one show?

Hi groblus, I’m not sure what you mean as the screen shots show exactly how it looks… The nested group is not visible only when you click on settings…

As a lot of time passed - is it implemented already? I mean hiding of irrelevant information

Is not what has been requested here… here we would like to hide stuff on the gui within the group

Looks like this doesn’t work anymore since the last release … anybody the same experience??