Hikvision Doorbell / Videointercom integration

Thanks. SIP is all new to me, so I’ll be learning how to harden and protect it as I go along. HA is usually just accessed via VPN.

Good luck , it’s not easy :slight_smile:

Hi Pergola! Awesome work. Took me some time to get frigate working and got everything but somehow your plugin isn’t and I guess I need that to create call status events to make notifications.

I believe the problem is that the doorbell is not in the internal network. But frigate is able to connect because I opened ports on the external router. Is it possible to use your plugin with external IP?

hi, yes you can connect to the doorbell by external network, it uses port 8000 , you need to open it on your router, make sure to use stong passwords if you open to public

and yes the addon doesnt create notifications, you need to make them yourself, usning the sensors

Hi man! Wow quick reply haha. I did do that because frigate is working. Do I just need to enter the IP or add :8000 in the settings? Now I was using the rtsp port 554. I believed using this port in your plugin would also connect because frigate can connect on 2rtc tried both but gives some error:

2023-10-10 21:17:43.929 | DEBUG | config:loadConfig:31 - Loading config from file
2023-10-10 21:17:43.936 | DEBUG | main::25 - Importing HIKVISION SDK
2023-10-10 21:17:43.945 | INFO | hcnetsdk:setupSDK:167 - Using OS: Linux with architecture: x86_64
2023-10-10 21:17:43.945 | DEBUG | hcnetsdk:setupSDK:179 - Loading library from lib-amd64/libhcnetsdk.so
2023-10-10 21:17:43.989 | DEBUG | main::27 - Hikvision SDK loaded
loop[2] find 6 mac and 14 ip
2023-10-10 21:17:44.028 | ERROR | main::142 - NET_DVR_Login_V30 failed, error code = 7

no, the addon is using port 8000 to connect…
frigate is a complete different story, has nothing todo with this addon, its just guide that a wrote for users that want to use HA for answering calls, its based on ISAPI , on port 80, and use rtsp stream on 554
But frigate has no relationshop with my addon
But if you have an incoming call , and what to start talking to the person at outdoor station, you need to answer/hangup the call first, in order to start two way audio with isapi, thats why you can use my addon, especially if you have indoor stations, you need my addon or an sdk script

So not sure if I understand correctly. Is your add-on a must for answering call and getting call status? Or is frigate doing that?

In frigate I got audio working an microphone.
Using frigate also for recording but need some calling feature to not use the hijconnect anymore.

Frigate is only opening two way audio , nothing more…

But the problem was on an incoming real call, the outdoor speaker is in use (ringing tone) , it’s not possible to then start two way audio…

That’s why I have an answer+hangup command, that makes the outdoor speaker back idle, so you can start two way audio

1 Like

How can you tell about call status for the KV8413 (which one of the 4 buttons is pressed?)

Thats not implemented yet, but there is an option that you can enable ‘caller_config: true’ on your indoor station

So when you have the ringing event on outdoor, you can build an automation to press the callerinfo button, that whay you can see what indoor station is ringing

What if someone doesn’t have an indoor station? Is there any solution? Thank you in advance.

no, dont think so, but you can try the caller_info option on outdoor too, make it ring, then press the button, have a look at the result data, maybe you can see some indentification , like building/community …

Thx i 've gone the sip way for now, for the buttons with no indoor station!!!

yeah, thats also an solution , maybe indeed better

Can you explain how the sip method works,m

All Hikvision devices have SIP functions, you can enable it (native option)
If you use native option, you loose hikconnect AND if you have an indoor station, you dont see early video on it

Here is a basic video using yeastart as SIP, but you can use any PBX you want, like Asterisk Addon has also the SIP lovelace card integration:

I’m still in the process of getting the external station hooked up and all, I need to get a network cable in the power cabinet, I linked up the internal unit to HA as per previous posts but that doesn’t help me much yet.

What am I trying to accomplish:
The hikconnect app is extremely slow to respond when somebody rings the doorbell, about 10-20 seconds.
I need a faster way to get notified and respond before the courier leaves thinking I’m not home.
Once I have the external unit linked to HA too, what do I need to do to be able to retrieve the image from the camera and send it to my phone in a notification?
I suppose I could also make the notification actionable with commands to either open the gate or do something else.
I’ve seen that the doorbell can say things, is there a way to have it speak an arbitrary prerecorded message?
And finally, I’ve been reading about sip and whatnot in the past few comments, is that the only option? I’d still like to retain hikconnect for now, but otherwise what are my options if I want to achieve two way communication without hikconnect? I suppose I could bear losing hikconnect if I implement all the features I need myself with HA

So by using the SIP function you can have the 8003 work without an indoor station and get call signs?
Its been 2 days that i have been reading all the comments from this thread and the previous.
There was another guy that managed to get call status with the 8003 but with the custom firmware (which I cannot find anywhere )

Yes, there was a custom firmware to get call status by polling the ISAPI, but it will not help you
For the 8003 you need an endpoint to make the call, otherwise you will hear “calling failed” on your doorstation
SO you need an indoor station OR setup SIP on the device with for example Astzerisk and setting up lovelace SIP card

SIp is not easy indeed, if you are not familiar with it, dont use it, it takes days before you get setup
I wrote an guide using Frigate , they have a card that can used with twoway audio
You need my addon to get the call, its instant, so no delay here for your calling, then you can stop the ringing on the station by using the answer/hangup/reject buttons in the addon, so the outdoor speaker stops ringing, then you can start two way audio from HA

here is a guide:

It will be updated soon, now you also need to setup Frigate NVR, but the Frigate Hass card will soon be updated , that you can also use it without an Frigate camera

1 Like