Hikvision Doorbell / Videointercom integration

Before reading all the comments. My stock firmware was 58. And I had calling failed all the time. After upgrading to 2.2.63. that calling failed sound got replaced by 3 calling beeps which I do actually like. So maybe now we can find another way of doing things? Maybe having a custom fw on 2.2.63 to pull the ISAPI?

You need an endpoint to call, you cant use ISAPI on 8003 to get call status, its not implemented on those devices…
You need to sue my addon to get the ring event, or setup SIP

thank you, I recently set up a frigate instance so that’s going to be handy, sounds like exactly what I need

yeah, its also a nice card with custom shortcurs to open door, works very good!!

So by using your addon, I will get managed to get the call status? So i will need your addon that works with frigate that you posted above and the Hikvision Doorbell Addon.
Sorry for the dump questions, I am jus trying to figure out everything and there’s so many new things here

Yes, with my addon you can get callstatus, BUT you need an endpoint to call, otherwhise, there is no event…
But there is no relationship with my addon and frigate… With my addon you can just get events, stop the call from ringing etc… you need to make sure, the outdoor speaker gets back to idle before setting up two way audio, otherwhise the speaker is in use and you cant start two way audio

So only option to get an endpoint without an indoor station is maybe hikconnect? I saw that there is hikconnect integration but I want to keep it local. Maybe just have the hikconnect for enpoint and get your addon to get call status.

No, hikconnect is linked with indoor station for the 8003 models
You need an indoor OR Sip for 8003 models

Really? Why do they promote the 8003 as a standalone then? And i was researching for hours and couldn’t find how to connect the 8003 with the hikconnect.
So I will just get one indoor station to get the status as well for other automations and have a ringing inside the house

I have one idea, it might be dump but dunno. The back button of 8003 which is the alarm, as soon as you press it or release it, you get the sound of an alarm but, I do get:
mqtt:video_intercom_alarm:372 - Video intercom alarm TAMPERING_ALARM detected on door
on the logs.
What if I can hardwire and swap the front button with the back? then I will be able to get atleast the button press as an alarm. Then I will need to replace the alarm sound with something nicer.
All this its just assumptions and ideas.

Where do you see they promoto 8003 as standalone??

Yeah, you could to that , but on own risk :slight_smile:

But you will still hear the calling failed notifications, isnt that anoying for the person outdoor?

As I mentioned, after updating to 2.2.63 the calling failed got removed. the sound got replaced by 3 beeps. So you can no longer hear at all the calling failed.
My bad it was 8113 :confused:

ah ok, yeah, but i dont think you can remove/replace those beep sounds, maybe you set the output volume to 0
The 8113 , i dont know that model, i only have the 8003 :-), maybe the 8113 can work standalone with hikconnect

Yeah I found out that you can have the output volume to 0 and still have a calling volume different. Another option is to just hardwire inside an esp32. and the 8003 uses only uses 4 wires as i read above, so I have a poe esp32 (olimex) just to get the doorbell push button. Or I just buy one indoor units and it just works and its clean work.
Which indoor station are you using with your 8003?

I have the 9510 Rev B

silly question can you run Home assistant app on it?

That’s the reason I bought it’s but it’s a nogo, the specs are to low to run the companion app…
But Openhab runs quite good on it

Hi.

Just returned to this add-on after using the beta version.
I installed the release version, setup my front door and indoor stations.
I use the Mosquitto broker inside HA.
I can see the stations in the device list of the MQTT but they are all appear as unavailable.
I have no idea how to find out what is the problem.

Can you try to stop the addon, remove the complete mqtt device, so all entities are gone, then start addon again

Also check logs

I have 8003 with latest 2.2.62 FW, performed “restored all” and still getting “calling failed” when pressing the call button, while “Call state” of the add-on is stuck to “idle”. Can you please tell me what should I do to get the call button detected by HA ? Thanks.