Hive Integration

No errors just a warning that the component is untested by HA!

I can switch to Discord if you want to do a bit of real time…

OK, this one is solved. Very straightforward to fix but not at all obvious. My Hive was installed in the standalone mode by the contractor. I spent some time switching it back and re-pairing everything and all is now well. I edited the entities (since Hive thought another system had been installed) and after that - All OK.

Thanks for your input @rendili - much appreciate your work.

hi @jram
sorry, been a bit busy the last couple of days.
Glad you managed to get it sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

HACS looks amazing, I’m definitely going to be using that after I get around to updating to 0.97x.

Additionally, I saw a post somewhere from someone who had been using the integration to track how long the heating had been switched on for on a daily basis but I can’t seem to find it on this thread… Is anyone doing anything similiar?

Cheers!

Yeah, that may have been me. (Before spending a year abroad and having to rebuild my HA from scratch after a major system + backup failure.)

Hi @rendili,
Is there any update on Hot water boost.
Really miss this function, can it go back to ‘climate.hotwater’ instead of ‘water_heater.hot_water’ if it is still available?
do you know if this is something the HA team are working on?

Many thanks

Hi @GuruPG

I don’t have any update and I don’t know if this is something the HA team are working on sorry.

If you use AppDaemon then I think that it should be possible to add a button to HA to invoke AppDaemon to boost the hotwater.
I am going to look to implement this for my setup soon when I get a bit of time as I miss this too

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
Much appreciated.

I use node red to directly contact the hive api and set a 30min boost triggered from a button in home assistant.

1 Like

@rendili Thank you so much in advance for your amazing work on this and pyhiveapi

I recently just purchased the wired Hive active thermostat (US model) and was disappointed to see it didn’t work “out of the box” with HA. I was really excited to see your commit from yesterday on pyhiveapi to include support for wired thermostats.

Unfortunately, after updating my pyhiveapi revision to your newest .19 revision, updating the manifest.json and confirming correct installation via pip3 list HA still would not find my device.

I decided to look at the code for pyhiveapi and modified the example pyhiveapi_example_1.py which appears like it has not yet been updated to display thermostats (it’s definitely possible I am wrong about this)

Using my rudimentary python I was able to show the existence of 6 devices using len(api_device_list_all) unfortunately I ran into problems iterating the rest of the list and displaying the devices the example didn’t currently show. Right now I can see my hub online status and outside temperature sensors.

I am really excited to get this into HA as a climate device. I look forward to your feedback.

Anyone else having issues with Hive Lovelace card not updating properly?

Everything else seems to work but the card does not show the status of the hive. It shows the current temp and the predefine for the boost…

Any ideas? Thanks

@DiamondCocktail
Are you using the custom component? if so you will need to update the manifest file in the custom component folder too.
Also, are you in the US using the US Hive system, or in the UK using the UK system but with a US model?

@rechena
when you say does not show the status of the Hive, do you mean the mode its in, such as Off, Schedule or Manual?

Yep that’s correct. It even use to change color. But all the entities update in the background though…

It looks ok on my installation, if I press the middle Heat button it lights up and the status changes
Pressing the right power button and the status goes back to Off

Although I notice that the left icon is different for your screenshot for some reason. What version of HA are you on? mine is 0.97.2 at the moment.

Oh… interesting that’s what mine used to do. I’m on 0.92.2

If you start the heating using the hive app or the panel does it update?

Wondering if something change on the integration…

Will check again, not really excited to upgrade again :frowning:

there was a pretty major re-write to the climate components a couple of versions back, quite possibly got sorted during that

Yes, when I change in the app it reflects the same change in HA Hive heating panel. Takes a few moments as the Hive data is only pull refreshed by default every 2 minutes.

Yep, I’ve just updated to 0.98 and after fixing everything that it broke :frowning: as usual. I’ve managed to get the hive card working and updatting again… and after pulling the latestt custom_components from the github, all is working again :slight_smile:

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s still happening :frowning:

It’s on but no yellow and it shows as off…

Any ideas?