Hive Integration

Well I have all bulbs working but 1 which is identical to a bulb which homeassistant is showing. The 1 not showing does have availibity sensor (is online) and mode sensor but no bulb info whereas another has the sensors as well as the bulb. An exact same problem exist with trv, all but one show up. The trv not showing does have the trv and the sensors when I click on it in entities but when I add it to lovelace it shows as unavilable. Can’t understand it.

Sorted it, change the color of the bulb in hive app and now when I restart homeassistant the bulb appears, not sure if it’s a permanent fix but do remember having to hack pyhiveapi over the weekend to give it some default values in light.py line 151 so it must be to do with having reinstalled pyhiveapi today. Also I removed orphaned entries for trv with same name as not showing and now that trv is showing properly. Thank you for your assistance and for 2FA, been looking out for that fix for a while now.

@bradderz what state was the bulb in when it was failing?

it was powered on, I can only assume it was on normal color not having ever used the color feature before but the dimmer feature was being used 70%

Hi
Is hive down again? Anyone else’s showing NAN?
Cant see any errors in the logs.

1 Like

Mine has also stopped updating, last update was 14:33.

yep - me too :roll_eyes:

Mine is also down, hive app seems to be working. Maybe they have locked down this api behind the new SSO platform

Yes I have just checked the new beta version and which I have been working on which includes 2fa and that is still working as normal, my guess at the minute as already said the URL change we did previously doesn’t look like it’s working anymore.

@Khole where can we get the beta copy of the pyhiveapi ?

@MagicalTrev89 You can acquire a beta copy of using HAC’s and being show the beta versions to install from their alternatively you can go the GitHub page and download the latest release 2020.1b20 I think and copy the files over manually to your setup if you don’t have HACS and don’t want the effort of installing it

Github Link - https://github.com/Pyhive/HA-Hive-Custom-Component/releases/tag/2020.1_b21

One major thing to mention is that the beta currently doesn’t support setting up via configuration yaml, meaning it is required to remove any config from the configuration.yaml file and setup Hive via the UI e.g home assistant configuration > integrations > add integration > Hive

its unfortunate that the beta isn’t ready yet but it has a lot of improvements but also some outstanding bugs with it being beta.

For confirmation, I have just switched off my 2FA and tried using the Cognito URL which we switched to in the last release and I get a forbidden response now, meaning it seems like Hive has closed it off.

{
    "message": "Forbidden"
}

Just to report:

2020.1_b21 is still working and has been rock solid since release!
Amazing work out of @Khole

@Khole thank you, i’ve just switched to the beta version 2020.1_b21 and its all back up and running. Nice work on the additional sensors :+1:

Is the modified API for hive documented anywhere? I need to update my own custom code…

@theallan Not at the minute, it wasn’t as straight forward as changing a URL to another as previously. It required setup and configuration to communicate with AWS for it to work.

What are Hive doing these days!!! Even the app itself has been as flaky as… Multiple outages, heat on demand stops randomly and the only thing that fixes is it to power all devices off, including pulling out batteries and then powering everything on. Have spoken with support, don’t know what could cause this, and regarding the outages, the usual, they are very sorry for the inconvenience.

I found the heat on demand feature totally useless, for various reason, the biggest irritation is not being able to define schedules for heat on demand and a tolerance, i,e how cold before boosting. But i have my own version of it using nodered and this brilliant HA Hive integration :+1:

Yeah, I’ve been considering resetting the entire system on zigbee2mqtt but…
Would you care to share the node red sequence or flow? :grin:

Not working with beta here? I’ve tried with 2FA on and off. Assuming I’ll just have to wait for fix?