Hive Integration

@rechena have you reconfigured hive via the UI and not the YAML files?

Hi Guys,

Super noobie question here, I have the hive custom component installed via HACS, but how can I update to the beta version (via HACS).

Cheers.

Yeah that was it, but now all my automations and scripts stoped working since the naming convention has changed :frowning: from climate.heating to climate.zone_1 and climate.hotwater is now water.something… :frowning:

Also it seems things like sensor.hot_water_boost are gone :frowning:

When you go into HACS and choose to install the Hive Custom Component, there should be a switch when being asked which version to install that says show beta versions. Once that is set to on the beta versions will be shown

Please can check your logs for any errors, it may be as you say under a different name. The hotwater should get linked to the thermostat in the home assistant devices page have a look at linked entities in their and see if you can see it

1 Like

There we go :smile:

Thanks for the help and all the work you and others put in to this community, it really is appreciated.

@rechena you can rename your entities using the entity editor - configuration>entities - and rename them back to what your automations are expecting. That’s what I did and they are now working again fine.

1 Like

All my Hive devices are also shows as unavailable. The issue must be link to central place ? (update / change)

Please can you be more specific when you say unavailable? The is a new feature in the beta version which marks entities as unavailable when a device is offline or do you mean something else?

ah… darn it… how did I forgot that :joy:
Good tip :slight_smile: will do this now, so next time won’t happen again. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hive1

Hive2

I think I see what the “issue” is…
The heating is called heating… but the hotwater is now called zone_1?! See screenshot…

Thanks, ill take a look at that

It doesn’t look like Hive is setup correctly, are you setting it up via YAML files or via the UI?

I have the same issue BTW. Everything showing as unavailable. No changes made recently but disappeared around 01:30 GMT today. Nothing for Hive in the log files apart from failing automations because the entities don’t exist:

2020-12-03 12:31:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.script.stop_boost] stop_boost: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Unable to find service hive/boost_heating

My Hive is configured in my YAML file as:

hive:
  username: !secret hive_username
  password: !secret hive_password

Nothing else defined.

Hi, Yes please could you install the Beta version as this has a working hive login, unfortunately because it is Beta. The configuration via YAML doesn’t work at the minute so you will need to remove the configuration and set Hive up via the home assistant UI

I have configured Hive integration via YAML (Configuration File)

Eg:
hive:
username: YOUR_USERNAME
password: YOUR_PASSWORD