Hive Integration

Ah that’s the issue unfortunately in the beta the YAML configuration doesn’t work at the minute, you will need to remove that config and setup Hive via the UI.

Many thanks for you support Is there any instructions how to install the beta version ?

ill repost a link back to original one as its gets lots with all the comments

I keep getting this message after restart with the custom component

Logger: homeassistant.bootstrap
Source: bootstrap.py:400
First occurred: 14:01:35 (10 occurrences)
Last logged: 14:10:36

Waiting on integrations to complete setup: hive

Can confirm I’m getting the same message running 2020.1_b21.

Unfortunately the beta does have niggles in it still. I would have liked to finished it then released it officially but due to these circumstances that Hive has created, everyone is moving to it to continue automating.

1 Like

Hi, Amazing stuff.
Any chance of a tutorial on getting the Beta up and running?
I don’t have HACS, but deffo willing to follow a tutorial?

Thanks.

Great work Khole! Like others I have moved to the beta version. I’d like to help out by reporting issues - where do I go to do that?
(The motion sensors appear to be constantly detecting motion when there is none)

1 Like

@perjury1 If you could raise a issue in Github https://github.com/Pyhive/HA-Hive-Custom-Component/issues

Please give as much detail as you can e.g errors in the logs, what devices are having the issue, any hive configuration you have changed in the UI?

Thanks
Khole

@dougle03 I haven’t any official updated documentation as its still beta and Doc’s are on the to do list.

There are 2 ways you can install the beta 1st through HACS

Use this guide to install HACS https://hacs.xyz/docs/installation/manual

On completion of the installation you will need to navigate to integrations within HACS and then install the beta version by searching hive. (On the install screen there is a Show Beta’s switch which needs selecting.)

The 2nd way is to download the beta 21 from our Github https://github.com/Pyhive/HA-Hive-Custom-Component/releases/tag/2020.1_b21

Then manually copy the files out of the hive folder into the custom_component directory with your home assistant config if you don’t have a custom_components folder you will need to create one.

Finally once you have installed the Beta version using either method above you will need to setup the beta version via the UI by going to the Home Assistant configuration >> Integrations >> Add Integration >> Hive

Hi. I’m having a problem where “Hive” doesn’t exist under integrations so I cant add it to configure the beta. totally lost on this!!!. Thanks

@MidnightRacer do you have the latest beta installed, you don’t have it configured via YAML?

Try clearing your browser cache and restarting home asssitant

dont ask me how but I’ve got it working again lol. it would just not appear, i was going to remove and reinstall for the 10th time but after a full reboot its all good. thanks for the reply though! Kev

Awesome thanks for this. I’ll be trying the 2nd option as I’ve had a bad experience with HACS in the past.
Thanks again.

Got it working.
Had to reboot a couple of times but all sorted now.
Many many thanks. :slight_smile:

Just had b22 version installed - YAML configuration seems to be working.
Thanks a lot for your work!

Is there a way to get the Outside Temperature sensor with this custom component @Khole ?

@mihma You beat me to my announcement :rofl:

For everyone else, Beta 22 is now been released with various fixes and as mentioned it does fix the setting hive up via YAML amongst other things release notes are here ->

Please could anybody who wishes please update and feedback any issues by creating an issue in the GitHub repo ->

The Outside temperature sensor has been removed from the Beta versions as hive don’t include it in there App anymore, its a side effect of moving to the new authentication.

Just out of curiosity how many people used the Hive Weather temperature.

I have also added some documentation for the setup/installation of this. It can be found here - >

1 Like

Understood, thank you. The hive weather sensor appeared to be more accurate for my area than other weather forecast integrations. I don’t have a dedicated sensor for the outside, but I guess I will have to get one now.

PS. I didn’t mean to spoil your announcement, sorry :slight_smile:

Great, mine working fine after your advice to clear browser cache
I use the Met Office for my outside temperature

Thanks for your speedy work

Hi, I found a problem which is reproducible whenever I set a TRV to OFF in the hive app and then boost the TRV in the hive app it appears unavailable homeasssitant using the last beta (b_22) As soon as I put the TRV to schedule and boost it again and restart Homeassistant the TRV appears properly again. The error in the log is

pyhiveapi/heating.py", line 178, in get_mode
state = data[“props”][“previous”][“mode”]
KeyError: ‘mode’