Hive Integration

Have you restarted it since changing them? the way the code works is at start up it keeps a record of the entity ids which can be used by the service. Then every time you call that service with an entity id it then checks it against its records if it can find one it will action the boost if not it will treat it as invalid.

Pulling my hair out trying to get some sort of Hive integration working. Like a few others there is no Hive integration available in the UI, i have tried clearing cache, restarting several times, even a fresh install and it just wont appear. I am running the latest docker container that was pushed yesterday. Any suggestions?

Upgrading to the latest beta worked, thanks a lot!

1 Like

@_stephen

Have you installed beta 25? Have you removed any old YAML config, is it within the home assistant configuration your are looking for hive not the HACs one hacs is just an installer.

Yes Iā€™ve restarted several times since they have been renamed

@Khole Thanks for the reply. Yes I had installed beta 25, removed yaml and tried to add the Hive integration through the standard HomeAssistant Integrations page and it was misssing. However this morning i have gone to check again (without doing anything extra from yesterday) and the integration is now showing so i guess it just takes some time to appear. Hope this helps anyone else in the same situation.

1 Like

At a guess the browser page properly refreshed when you went back to it, thatā€™s why force refreshing after installing works immediately for most people.

All I can thin then is there is a bug, I would need to test my theory and fix if itā€™s true if itā€™s not Iā€™m stumped

Hi, Iā€™ve run into an issue trying to script to boost heating - Testing in developer tools works, so I assume itā€™s there and working. But if I create a script in the GUI, after selecting the ā€œhive.boost_heatingā€ service, it doesnā€™t show any entities & if I just paste in the entity name from developer tools, it lets me save then errors on running: value should be a string for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']
Iā€™ve had this error before when Iā€™ve been trying to put something in incorrectly, so suspect Iā€™m missing something, but canā€™t figure out what. Iā€™ve included the error traceback output in case this helps:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 135, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1445, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1480, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 215, in service_handler
    await script_entity.async_turn_on(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 320, in async_turn_on
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 1026, in async_run
    await asyncio.shield(run.async_run())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 242, in async_run
    await self._async_step(log_exceptions=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 250, in _async_step
    await getattr(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 457, in _async_call_service_step
    await service_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1399, in async_call
    processed_data = handler.schema(service_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 432, in validate_mapping
    raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: value should be a string for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']

Iā€™m seeing the same :confused:

@DBNemesis

What data are you putting into the body of the service call?

Iā€™m new to Home Assistant and just wanted to thank all the contributors for sharing their good work.
Iā€™ve been all over the place trying to find a way to get my Pi to control my Hive and thanks to many here Iā€™m well on my way.
After a few false starts with OPenHab, now HA + HACS + Hive is working - I can see my current thermostat settings on my HA dashboard (this was a BIG win after many hours faffing),
Next create some automation to turn down my thermostat when my missus turns it up full.
This happens a lot.

I was getting it to work in Developer tools using the below, but it doesnā€™t work if I try using it in either automations or scripts.

entity_id: climate.thermostat
time_period: 00:30:00
temperature: 19

:grimacing: just realised - I needed to use JSON formatting

With great power comes great responsibility.

And, to be frank, a certain amount of self-preservation. Think again, Padawan.

1 Like

Thanks so much this post. It was a lot of reading but after a few days of trying this and that and almost giving up, it is now up and running.

Iā€™m new to home assistant so it was a baptism of fire for me to get this working and getting hacs working.

Thank you

This integration has been fantastic and Iā€™ve no issues currently running 2020.1_b25 - props to the devs.

From playing with the Hive API myself (calling the ā€˜api.prod.bgchprod.infoā€™ api version 6.5 ) Iā€™ve seen that motion sensors have an inbuilt thermometer ( [$node][ā€˜featuresā€™][ā€˜temperature_sensor_v1ā€™][ā€˜temperatureā€™] ) - offering room specific temperature readings as well as motion detection.

Is this something thatā€™s currently captured, or could I make this a suggestion for a future release?

Hi @s90

We currently donā€™t use that api endpoint we use the one used on the hive website and the app.

My guess is that we could use the authentication to query that API. I would raise a feature request in Github

Newbie Here,
Sorry if this is the wrong place, seems to be one long thread about all things HA Hive.
Iā€™ve installed hassio on a pi3
Iā€™m trying to get hive integration working

These are the steps Iā€™ve taken
Using the ā€œfile editorā€ addon, Iā€™ve edited configuration.yaml and added the 3 lines

hive:
  username: MYUSER
  password: MYPASS

Iā€™ve checked my username and password are correct by logging in to https://my.hivehome.com/

Iā€™ve saved and then run the check configuration button - all good
Iā€™ve then restarted HA using the Configuration->Server Management->Restart option

After restart I see no new integration or devices.
Looking in home-assistant.log I see no mention of hive at all

Iā€™ve then enabled the logger integration

logger:
  default: info

Config check, and restarted again
I now see the following entries mentioning hive in the log file

2021-01-06 11:37:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Setting up stage 2: {'met', 'cast', 'tts', 'input_datetime', 'history', 'hive', 'upnp', 'ffmpeg', 'automation', 'scene', 'ring', 'timer', 'media_source', 'ipp', 'script', 'input_select', 'mqtt', 'zone', 'counter', 'group', 'map', 'input_number', 'system_health', 'ssdp', 'input_text', 'default_config', 'zeroconf', 'logbook', 'updater', 'mobile_app', 'rpi_power', 'input_boolean', 'tag', 'tplink', 'blueprint', 'sun'}
2021-01-06 11:37:04 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up hive
2021-01-06 11:37:04 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain hive took 0.8 seconds

I still see nothing hive in integrations or devices.
Am I missing a step? or is there another place I can look for errors etc?

Currently the official home assist version of Hive is broken there is a custom component mentioned in this thread we needs to be used until the official one is fixed.

You will need to install beta 25 of this custom component.

If you need any help with custom component there is home assistant documentation for that here