Hive Integration

Thanks i think i’m getting there what card types are you selecting for the 3 boost buttons ?

The card for the boost buttons is a grid card.

Thanks yeah figured that, i think i’ve got all my cards working the boost enitity isn’t showing but i have done it.
But none of the scripts are actually firing, could you please take a screenshot of the scrips so i can see what spacing yu use etc
Untitled334

I’m using my phone at the moment, so I’ve taken a screenshot of the yaml and the UI.

Yeah mine matches i don’t understand why its not firing on any of them.
i’ve checked and i only have 1 climate.heating

If you got into Developer tools and select service and put in this information then call service does it do anything?

No even that’s not doing it and i remember it used to work doing that.
It’s showing a error in the log i might try fully removing hive and do a fresh install tomorrow if i still have no luck.
Edit…
I’ve just deleted from the integration and from Hacs restarted and installed the latest beta version and I’m still getting this error when trying to execute the boost service.
The heating itself responds ok and the boost button that is on the simple thermostat card does increase it 0.5 like it should.
Any ideas why @Khole ? I’ve enabled the debug but unsure where I read the debug.
Thanks

Logger: custom_components.hive
Source: custom_components/hive/__init__.py:126
Integration: Hive ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/hive))
First occurred: January 19, 2021, 10:10:46 PM (10 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:22:12 PM

Cannot boost entity id entered

@Steveuk so when you restart home assistant and hive gets setup in HA it identifies all entity ids which can be used with the boost service. So it should know about it at restart, is it your heating or a TRV you are boosting? And have you renamed any entities via the HA UI?

No I’ve not renamed anything like I say it’s even on a fresh install even after a restart.
I just have the one thermostat and the SLR1b receiver so just the heating and hot water (that I don’t use) with no trv’s.
It seems to detect the entities no problem , 13 in total.

Hi
Did you try the entity climate.home.
climate.heating is not used anymore after you reinstalled it by the looks of it.

@Steveuk/@Eddie46848

Yes the entity id is climate.home so that will be the valid one and climate.heating won’t work

That’s it I didn’t notice that change thanks @Khole @Eddie46848
On a card issue the conditional card for the time remaining just says on and not the time like yours.
It’s hard to check on my phone guess I’ve done a typo I’ll check once home.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi use the boost ends in attribute.
When in developer you will notice the attribute will only show up when boost is on.

That’s got it just done it on my phone.
Last night I just copied that text into the attribute field without the boost actually being on.
Thanks again for the help.
I’m gonna have a play with the styling now try and turn the flame red etc

1 Like

Hi @keviny, thanks for the quick response. After many false starts I have finally got both HACS and the Hive integration working. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Next step storing data in database and visualisations :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Khole

I wanted to know how the boost timing works with the actual hive app? From @Eddie46848 's script does it talk to the hive app if it was turned on for say 30mins? I am not sure if that’s possible as in the hive app it allows you to boost for a certain time and then the next you use the boost it remains in the previous time setting.

So from @Eddie46848 's script if from the hive app the boost timing was for 30 minutes it would remain at 30 minutes whereas Eddie’s script would be say for 1 hour.

Mines not playing when I try to boost it from services. I have the correct entity_id as well. Throws an error saying its out of range?

Getting this error:

2021-01-24 01:38:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [140537759966448] Replacement index 0 out of range for positional args tuple Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 135, in handle_call_service await hass.services.async_call( File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1445, in async_call task.result() File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1480, in _execute_service await handler.job.target(service_call) File "/config/custom_components/hive/__init__.py", line 132, in heating_boost await hive.heating.turn_boost_on(device, minutes, temperature) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/heating.py", line 332, in turn_boost_on await self.log.log(device["hive_id"], self.type + "_Extra", "Enabling boost for {0}") File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/custom_logging.py", line 44, in log logging_data = name + new_message.format(*data) IndexError: Replacement index 0 out of range for positional args tuple

@bachoo786

So the way the boost service works as if you are resetting the boost via the app each time. If you set a boost going on the app or via home assistant for 1hour if you then called this service again for a boost for 1.5 hours then it would overwrite the current boost and start the boost again with the new time period and the new target temperature.

With the error it’s an error that @rendili has recently occurred but not one that’s occurred before I would need to investigate and try to replicate the issue in my dev setup.

1 Like

Right ok I see thanks for that.

Also I am hoping the issue is resolved in the next release as I tried to boost it from the climate card and its giving the same error.

Hey,

Having real issues with boosting water_heater.hot_water. i get the following error:

2021-01-25 14:12:30 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hive] Cannot boost entity id entered

Script

boost_hot_water:
  alias: Boost Hot Water
  sequence:
  - service: hive.boost_hot_water
    data:
      entity_id: 'water_heater.hot_water'
      time_period: '01:00:00'
      on_off: 'on'
  mode: single
  icon: hass:water

Any suggestions?

when i remove the quotation marks from entity_id i get the following error:

2021-01-25 14:11:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.script.boost_hot_water] Boost Hot Water: Error executing script. Invalid data for call_service at pos 1: value should be a string for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']
2021-01-25 14:11:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547080328144] value should be a string for dictionary value @ data['entity_id']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 135, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1445, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1480, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 215, in service_handler
    await script_entity.async_turn_on(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 320, in async_turn_on
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 1026, in async_run
    await asyncio.shield(run.async_run())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 242, in async_run
    await self._async_step(log_exceptions=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 250, in _async_step
    await getattr(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 457, in _async_call_service_step
    await service_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1399, in async_call
    processed_data = handler.schema(service_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 432, in validate_mapping
    raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)

Are you sure the entity_id is correct, mine is showing up as water_heater.hotwater