HLK-LD2450 Initial experiments to connect to HomeAssistant

If you ticked ‘Backup’ before installing the ESPHome 2023.9 update, you should be able to go to Settings / System / Backups and then restore the ESPHome addon back to the previous version.

Thanks, that compiled just fine for my esp32dev board.
So there’s no need to use the external component for LD2450?

I just it find odd why the same default yaml working on previous version but not the latest 2023.9 update

Glad to hear you got it working.
I’m not sure about the external components but everything seems to be working fine with my ESP32 board. It may have been required previously with the ESP32-C3 boards. I noticed this in the change log for ESPHome 2023.9:

1 Like

I can confirm, with ESPHome 2023.9 no need for external_components. I use an ESP32-C3 and it works fine.

It can’t be related to deleting a folder
.esphome and replacing it with the data folder as mentioned in the latest ESPHome update 2023.9 ?

Is this good enough for esp32-s2?

I thought that was the case but i still get same error when compiling with a new yaml

1 Like

It should be more than enough for the LD2450. The S2 boards don’t have bluetooth but otherwise it should be fine.
Are you still having issues using the Screek 2A YAML? We may need to wait for Screek Workshop to take a look at it and reply as the YAML that I had put together based on the Screek 2A one is working ok for me.

Have you tried cleaning the build files for that board? Does the YAML validate successfully?

Thanks for the headsup, I’ll swap d1 mini with esp32c3 that i have. Need those bluetooth proxies working.
I have one screek 2a yaml that compiled succesfully, this one
If I use the beta/stable yaml for 2a and just compile as it is without changing anything it just give me the same errors as before

Still getting the same missing component error when cleaning the build unfortunately

Hi, could you please confirm it is ZH 1.5MM, 4P here:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLcXovs

I am using this and it works great.

10 SETS Mini Micro ZH 1.5 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 Pin JST Connector with 100mm Length Wires Cables - AliExpress

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

I made this DIY case to hold the LD2450 + ESP32 D1 Mini. Works perrfectly. It also works with the LD2410C.

6 Likes

The design is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it.

These are just some temporary fixes needed for the C3 module used by 2A, which can be left out and serve a purpose:

• Support for USB native serial port output
  • Support for using the LEDs where the C3 module resides (they conflict with the external SPI FLASH.)

If you have a C3 with a serial chip, or just an ESP32, or an ESP8266, you won’t need this extra library.

Can you share files for 3D printing?

2A (LD2450) Latest Radar Module Firmware Information

2A (LD2450) Latest Radar Module Firmware Information

The following response was received from the developer:

Hello everyone, our radar module 2450 will be updated recently to experience the firmware to APP. Mainly increase: 1. baud rate setting; 2. single target, multi-target function switching; 3. regional filtering can be configured, etc.; Welcome to experience the upgrade; supporting APP is also in development, I believe that very soon you will be able to upgrade after the test verification. In addition, for the early feedback of the 2450 multi-target radar can not monitor the problem of stationary targets, we will also optimize the support for stationary detection of the 2450 firmware is also entering the R & D test phase, the completion of the test validation will also be pushed through the OTA way to everyone to experience.

Push date: APP setting function is expected in these next two days. Still function support firmware is expected at the end of the month.

5 Likes

Today I noticed that the firmware update 2.02.23090617 is already available for LD2450.