A simple utility to generate signed certificate files to allow local control of a Lutron Caseta smart bridge.
This add-on will guide you through the necessary steps to create signed certificate files necessary to control your Lutron Caseta smart bridge with Home Assistant.
Three files will be created during successful execution of the wizard:
/ssl/lutron/caseta.key: the private key file used to generate the certificate.
/ssl/lutron/caseta.crt: the signed certificate file used to connect to the Lutron Caseta bridge.
/ssl/lutron/caseta-bridge.crt: the certificate authority file that is downloaded from the Lutron Caseta bridge.
Be sure to add Lutron Caseta to your
configuration.yaml after starting the add-on:
lutron_caseta: host: 192.168.1.100 keyfile: /ssl/lutron/caseta.key certfile: /ssl/lutron/caseta.crt ca_certs: /ssl/lutron/caseta-bridge.crt
For more information on how to configure Lutron Caseta in Home Assistant see the Lutron Caseta documentation.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “Lutron Certificate” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Start the “Lutron Certificate” add-on.
- Check the logs of the “Lutron Certificate” add-on to see if everything went well.
- Open the web UI for the “Lutron Certificate” add-on and follow the steps.
- Configure Lutron Caseta in your
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the add-on:
- Open an issue for the add-on: Lutron Certificate
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as a Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.