Home Assistant Community Add-on: motionEye

Hi Pedro and thank you for your fast reply.
The problem is that motionEye crash immediately, so I’m not able to go in General Settings.

In the HomeAssistant log, I found this error, that happened every time I try to execute the command “open gui”:
20-04-09 07:12:28 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Clean addon_a0d7b954_motioneye application
20-04-09 07:12:34 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.addon] Start Docker add-on hassioaddons/motioneye with version 0.8.0
20-04-09 07:12:57 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.1:62286 ssl:None [Connection refused]

Why there is this connection to an unknown ip address?
Probably this is the cause of the crash of motion eye.

Looks like a docker container IP address.

20-04-09 07:12:57 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.1:62286 ssl:None [Connection refused]

Maybe it is something related to the SSL. Go to the supervisor > MotionEye and in the config box, set on ssl to false and test

Is your ssl certificate working?

Thank you Pedro, test with ssl to false already done.
Unfortunately didn’t work. :frowning:

For anyone trying to figure out how to get timelapse working, this is working for me (still playing).

Dump this in Extra Motion Options under the Video Device section.

timelapse_mode hourly
timelapse_interval 30
timelapse_fps 10

Then a .mpg gets written to your storage location you specified under File Storage (say /share/motioneye/Cam1)

A description of the settings are here:
https://motion-project.github.io/motion_config.html#timelapse_mode

Edit:

• Now I want play the timelapse back on loop in my lovelace frontend. I managed to get it to play back once (not loop) by using the local video file as input into a ffmpeg camera.
  • But that camera only seems to work if the local file is located in config/www (i.e local), which it isn’t.
  • It doesn’t seem to be possible for Motioneye addon to write to config/www as a storage location (see link)?
  • I’ve also tried whitelisting the relavant ‘share’ dirs, but can’t seem to access them via url link.

Any ideas? Ultimately I want a timelapse on loop in my lovelace front end without doing too much funky stuff.

Working cam from local file

- platform: ffmpeg
    name: local test cam 3
    input: https://192.168.y.xxx:8123/local/20200413-timelapse.avi

Hello everyone.
I want to be able to see action buttons on embed url. I have added embed url with iframe to Lovelace but the action buttons are missing. Is there a way to have that nice action buttons on embed url?

Hi @frenck ,
Is motion eye addon can be started as service on Docker Swarm cluster?
I have a lot of cameras and will be very cool to load balance between the several PCs

Is there a list of supported camera’s?
Cause my current Hikvision is probably not. Since the webUI says “not a supported network camera”.
And I intend to buy new ones (Bascom).

Thanks,
Gerlof

Maybe it’s better to not ask Frenck. He didn’t make motioneye. He just made it possible to run it in supervisor. There is probably a list somewhere on the GitHub of motioneye.

And motioneye is just a web frontend for motion, so the motion documentation is really the place to look. https://motion-project.github.io/

At one point I guess I installed this to play around but removed it and reinstalled … though my password is still loaded and I can’t recall it. What’s the best way to really remove it and give a clean start?

There is probably a directory under your config dir called motioneye - check it first, that your password isn’t there, and there is nothing else there you want, then remove it.

Correction, the config is stored under /usr/share/hassio/addons/data/

I’m just looking for advice here. It’s definitely not a problem with the add-on but more with motion eye. My inside camera’s are turned off at the power source by an automation through power plugs when anybody is home. When I leave the camera’s are powered back up. The outside cameras are on 24/7 and there is no issue with them. The powered off camera’s though, stay on a grey screen in motion eye (confirmed working through app/VLC), even though they are powered back on. Restarting the motion eye add-on/container resolves this but seems drastic. Anybody experience similar and have a less sledgehammery resolution.

Thanks

Hi All, I noticed in motion that it is possible to specify 2 urls one for normal res (netcam_url) for motion detector ect and another at hi res for the recording (netcam_highres). I am trying to reduce CPU load as my 2 RLC-420s are maxing out my VM.

Also does anyone have any experience with using the custom vs predefined resolutions and or matching the cameras native stream resolution to motions settings and how this has an impact on system resources?

Running 4 cores with 8gb ram on the VM.

Cheers

I’m struggling to get this set up and would appreciate any insight as to where I am going wrong. I have the motioneye add-on set up and it runs fine. I can add an RTSP camera feed fine - I have a hacked Yi camera to test with.

The camera is working - I can view a live stream in VLC and zoneminder. In motioneye, I can manually trigger and it will record video and/or stills fine. However, no matter what I try I cannot get a live view in the main motioneye panel. When I change any settings, it circles for a few seconds and then shows a picture of a camera with a cross through it.

I have logging set to debug and there are no obvious errors.

Any ideas why I cannot view a live stream?

Hi, how do you use the motioneye mask? Are the red dots the MASKED or the UNMASKED part?

Can anyone confirm that these to options would work before I go ahead and buy cameras and set this up?

1. Only process/record video streams when the cameras built in motion detection triggers? if no motion triggered by the camera MotionEye should just be idle.
  2. Toggle recording (or reading the stream) on/off depending on a sensors state (true/false)? Meaning that only read/record the stream if my home alarm is armed.

Would appreciate hep with the above a lot! Thanks!

Interestingly, I fired up an Ubuntu VM (same proxmox instance) and installed this manually. Works fine. Not sure why the live stream fails in the add-on but not the VM. Maybe a proxy issue?