Home Assistant Community Add-on: motionEye

Hi!, I am not able to make the curl works. As I am new to all this, can you tell if there is an easy way to test if the curl works ? Maybe outside of motioneye so I donā€™t need to go outside and gesticulate for a minute every time I want to try it out. Itā€™s been two hours now ^^

I setup Motioneye to send a webhook in Home Assistant to trigger object detection.

It works great, but the motion notifications will only work on 1 camera (I have 3). I am trying to do a separate webhook for each camera but only 1 will work.

The other 2 cameras show that they are detecting motion but will not send a webhook or any form of motion notifications. I tried MQTT and had the same results.

Is motioneye capable of sending individual webhooks for each camera or am I doing something wrong?

Hi, yes you can use MotionEye with this camera. The only thing you have to do first is to hack the camera in order to be used with the IP.

Hi caroline,
Can you please explain how?

regards
Hans

I run Hassos 5.6 on a Rasp 4 with ssd.
Can anyone help, I canā€™t find the configuration path, I only see /share/motioneye, but no files, only empty dirs (Camer1, Camera2, etc.). I need to restore my configuration but donā€™t know how.
Thanks

Please check : Xiaomi Camera model no MJSXJ02CM Integration
I explained how i hack the camera :slight_smile:

I noticed today that my motion eye general settings dropdown is missing. Checking the log file no issues seem to show up and i have reset the addon with no changes. Here is what i am seeing. How can i get the general settings back to add more cameras.

Iā€™m not that familiar with it but what your seeing is what I get on the mobile platform. I assuming your looking on a PC/Mac?

The screenshot circled in red is the general settings I am needing to re-appear to make changes from my computer. I am unsure why it would be gone. My currently configured cameras still work.

I have a camera with a different resolution, which MotionEye does not recognize. It is only on the gray screen, and after about 10 seconds, it recharges all cameras. The camera resolution is: 2304x1296 or 640x352.
I have other cameras of the same brand and that use the same URL (with another IP), but with standard resolutions and I have no problems.
In VLC and BlueIris these resolutions normally work.
My installation is via HA add-on.
Does anyone know how to solve?

Could it be because you are not logged in as admin?

1 Like

Thank you Frits!. In logged out and then back in as Admin and all settings were back. Not sure how that would have changed but definitely did not think to check if the account was logged in as admin.

1 Like

Hello team,

i have Motion Eye working in Hassio. Now i have 2 surroundings. One Motion EYe outside hassio. THere works an camera. But when i do the same in the motion eye in Hassio, it gives me the error: **Unable to open video device **

Has anyone an idea?

Any more info you are able to give? What is the connection method? An IP cam? A USB device?

Hi guys. Can anybody give me an advice about blank page?

Iā€™m using supervised HA, kubuntu 18 with regular docker.
As I can see itā€™s container started in host network, and probably with 80 port for web ui. Maybe thatā€™s the problem? Iā€™m pretty sure that 80 port is busy on my host machine.

What are you seeing for configuration settings and the log file? Below are settings for me that are working.

I see the same config. I tried ssl enable \ disable - doesnā€™t help

What version of Motioneye are you running and can you post the log file that is generated when motion eye starts? Im not sure how you would tell port 80 is busy as no ports were changed on my network to get this functioning.

You didnā€™t specified what the OS you using. I think it depends.

Add-on: motionEye
 Simple, elegant and feature-rich CCTV/NVR for your cameras
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on version: 0.10.2
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS  (amd64 / qemux86-64)
 Home Assistant Core: 2020.12.1
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 2020.12.7
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums or the Discord chat.
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] motioneye.sh: executing... 
backing up /data/motioneye/motioneye.conf
[18:11:52] INFO: Enabling motion webcontrol...
[18:11:52] WARNING: This opens up an UNSECURE port to the outside world!
[18:11:52] WARNING: This port has NO SSL & NO AUTHENICATION!
[18:11:52] WARNING: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
[cont-init.d] motioneye.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[18:11:54] INFO: Starting motionEye...
    INFO: hello! this is motionEye server 0.42.1
    INFO: cleanup started
    INFO: wsswitch started
    INFO: tasks started
    INFO: mjpg client garbage collector started
    INFO: smb mounts started
    INFO: server started
[18:11:58] INFO: Starting NGinx...

Hi, did you find out if it is possible? I canā€™t make the onboard camera work on RPI 4. I get the ā€œUnable to start deviceā€ error using Pi Noir V2 camera.