Your recorded media, live TV, online news, and podcasts, beautifully organized and ready to stream.
The plex add-on brings your favorite media together in one place, making it beautiful and easy to enjoy. The Plex Media Server provided by this addon, organizes your personal video, music, and photo collections and streams them to all of your devices.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “Plex Media Server” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Surf to https://www.plex.tv/claim and get your claim token.
- Update the add-on config with the claim code you’ve got in the previous step.
- Save the add-on configuration.
- Start the “Plex Media Server” add-on.
- Check the logs of the “Plex Media Server” to see if everything went well.
- Login to the Plex admin interface and complete the setup process.
NOTE: When adding media locations, please use
/shares as the base directory.
Please read the documentation for more information about the use and configuration of this add-on.
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: Plex Media Server
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as an Hassio / Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.